Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A girly issue

Bike
    Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Actually, cervical smears aren't that scary.
    My point is you shouldn't use the discomfort of lying on your back on a table with nothing on from the waist down while a cold plastic tong like device gets pushed in you and opens you up whilst swabs prod you and the Dr. Lady smiles at you and asks if its not too uncomfortable; as an excuse for not going to get it done.
    mmm yes but what is uncomfortable is when they cut bits out of you....
    So yeah.. not the funnest thing I have ever done!

I guess I am hoping others will learn from my misfortune

I just hope I don't loose my hair
    I'm gonna make it so PC

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by BuFfY View Post
    mmm yes but what is uncomfortable is when they cut bits out of you....
    So yeah.. not the funnest thing I have ever done!

I guess I am hoping others will learn from my misfortune

I just hope I don't loose my hair
    Hun.........it's a state of mind too... to certain degree....had sis there, and an aunty there too.....

Stay positive....don't let this farker get you down....Beat the shit out of it!!

and thoughts your way
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Bullshit. There's a simple PSA (prostate specific antigen) blood test. Combined with a rectal examination (shudders visibly), the detection rates are pretty good. Blokes generally don't go the the doctors anyway, so it's a moot point as whether or not making this test/examination "free" would increase detection rates. Like many cancers, prostate cancer, if detected early can be successfully treated. Take thy arse to a qualified medical practitioner!
    It was my understanding that yes there is a test but the effacacy of it (amount of false positives or something like that) precluded it from screening at the moment ... it has come up a number of times when I was working on the breast screening standards.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    But to the real thread ... good on ya buffy .. I am sad you were not as lucky as I was .. I waited 13 years between tests .. and was ok ... but I won't do that again ... been told every two years is a must by the nurses here.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    It was my understanding that yes there is a test but the efficacy of it (amount of false positives or something like that) precluded it from screening at the moment ... it has come up a number of times when I was working on the breast screening standards.
    The PSA test on its own is an indicator rather than a "gold standard". It's a pretty useful screening test though. And it's been around for a while -- at least 10 years.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Hey Grub not true!

There is a blood test that you guys should have around the age of 40. It detects the level of a certain hormone (P..something) that increases when there is a prostate issue. You need to have a base line test result, so that when you go to the docs for whatever in the future you can have a simple blood test to see if there is an increase. That and the finger test easy cancer to detect and to treat if caught early......no excuses guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Bullshit. There's a simple PSA (prostate specific antigen) blood test. Combined with a rectal examination (shudders visibly), the detection rates are pretty good. Blokes generally don't go the the doctors anyway, so it's a moot point as whether or not making this test/examination "free" would increase detection rates. Like many cancers, prostate cancer, if detected early can be successfully treated. Take thy arse to a qualified medical practitioner!

Thank you Hitcher for the proper words.........Like I said....no excuses guys!

Apologies to Buffy for taking this off topic a tad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    bike with 4 wheels!
    To be honest, I never even thought of getting a smear done this early in life...

however, I don't really have money to pay the doctor's bills yet, so it may have to wait a while til i get one done... on top of that, I'm shit scared of physicians... (honestly)

but this thread has definately opened my eyes...
    "Take life one day at a time. Make mistakes. Learn from them. Come out a better person. Never regret the things that have gotten you where you are today."

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_AJ View Post
    To be honest, I never even thought of getting a smear done this early in life...

however, I don't really have money to pay the doctor's bills yet, so it may have to wait a while til i get one done... on top of that, I'm shit scared of physicians... (honestly)

Contact Family Planning in your area and ask them how much it is.
    Should be either real cheap or FREE with them.

Bike
    None
    Hope it turns out ok for you Buffy, we're here for you

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    Barry
    Yeah I think it is free at family planning. But you can have the el cheapo or the ultramax awesome pap smear test which is more expensive. But both show you enough to know whether something is wrong or not.

Atleast they didn't use a cold as thing this time... it was warm erghhhhh
    I'm gonna make it so PC

Bike
    2001 Yamaha Virago 250
    Hi Buffy - sorry to hear this news chick. Big Hugz 2 you!!!
    Small and dangerous with a sting in my tail!!

Bike
    bike with 4 wheels!
    Quote Originally Posted by crashe View Post
    Contact Family Planning in your area and ask them how much it is.
    Should be either real cheap or FREE with them.
    ah, thanks for the info...
    "Take life one day at a time. Make mistakes. Learn from them. Come out a better person. Never regret the things that have gotten you where you are today."

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    ah, thanks for the info...
    or free through your local hospital outpatients ..
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Triple Delight

This is Mom talking!

There are Womens Community Health Collectives that provide well women clinics for free!!!!!!!!!! Family Planning also will provide that service. Please dont be complacent about your health. If you are sexually active you must have a smear test. If the results come back clear then it is 2 years before you have to have a repeat. There is a national screening programe in NZ, once you are registered they follow up, the visits are FREE!!!!!!!

Go and get a test done, this could be your life we are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Your nurse at the doctors are the ones who often normally do the test .. so should be cheap there as well .. I know it cost me $12.50 or something like that.

Thread Information