Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A girly issue

Bike
    Honda NT650 The Stealth Bomber
    For those of you who don't like tests, just go and visit a cancer ward or ask for a blat of chemo to see what it feels like, then decide if getting a speculum up your twat or finger up your jaxsie is that bad after all . . .

As someone who has been just about a professional patient for the last 15 years, since I was 21, let me give you a word of advice.

Leave your dignity at the door of the hospital or doctors, and pick it up again on the way out.

There's a time and place to be worried about pride or feeling uncomfortable, and anything to do with your health is not one of them. (Not talking about malpractice here, of course).

Believe me, when you've had the shit hit the fan big time, you soon stop worrying about the minor stuff . . .
    Illuc ivi, illud feci.

Buggrim, Buggrit.

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by janno View Post
    Leave your dignity at the door of the hospital or doctors, and pick it up again on the way out.

Believe me, when you've had the shit hit the fan big time, you soon stop worrying about the minor stuff . . .

I agree.

(And I'm still undecided which was worse, the Barium meal, or the Barium enema...)
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN250
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_AJ View Post
    and speaking of huge, mega, ultra, boxes of condoms.. how intriguing...
    Go to your doctor (nurse, community health thing, family planning) for a condom script then all of $3 at the pharmacy!

can you believe it: 144 for $3!!!

(of course you may be charged at the place you get the script, then just a repeat script fee from then on, but compared to $156 for the same number (12 packs) retail..... damn that is a deal!

Do ask, there are quite a few varieties avaliable, the standard script is for Durex Confidence or similar. They don't prescribe anything fancy, but there are varieties of standard... They also don't do latex-free ones, which are $4 each for the many unfortunates with latex allergy. I spend my working day in latex gloves and started developing a sensitivity, including to condoms..... NOT FUN! Switched to non-latex gloves and now condoms are fine.

Then it is up to your imagination of how to use them

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN250
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    When you consider what I've been pushing out through that hole for the last 50 years a finger going up is nothing... I agree - just do it (I was gunna say harden up but thats just soooo wrong on so many levels...)
    THat is a BRILLIANT way of looking at it.
    Too all those, men and women, too embarrassed to go, just thing of how horrible it must be for the docs and nurse to put their fingers up places that all manner of unpleasantness comes out of!

Mentally make it THEIR unpleasant experience, not yours!

(I have had a doc whine something along the lines of 'oh, do we have to??' when I said I needed an examination...

Bike
    Triple Delight
    To voice a personal opinion here.......reading through this thread some folk really seriously need to get over themselves!!! This is called taking personal responsibility for your health in the big picture. OK, so you have to show your bits to someone that you are not attracted to they are going to touch, insert instruments, fingers or whatever

SO WHAT!

It does not hurt, really it doesn't.......probably best described as..........yuk!!!!!

Well done Buffy for bring this subject up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Since there is a lot of guys reading the thread, there is something (other than getting your bits looked at) that you can do. Its really important to encourage and support your wife/ partner/ mistress/ girlfriend etc to go and get these done. thats only 4 people!

But seriously, if you find someone who doesn't want to go / hasn't gone for whatever reason you should really encourage them to make sure they get a check. They will thank you later.
    I only posted this because of the global economic crisis

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Family Planning Disappointed At Refusal Of Vaccine Funding

The Government opted not to do that yet.
    Of course. We've got future boat races to pay for. Not impressed. I have a daughter about to hit puberty.

On the positive side, cervical cancer won't be a problem for my wife.

PSA test at 40? I didn't realise that... I thought it was after 50. I must ask my doctor next time I'm able to get an appointment, which should be in about ten years.

All the best buffy.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Yamaha FJR 1300 N
    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    You guys have it sweet, you're so lucky.

5 times more men die from Prostate Cancer than women die from Cervical Cancer ... and there's no test, free or otherwise, to detect it. Once you've got it, you're history.
    Not quite right Grub, There are checks that the doctor does, the main thing is with guys they need to go and have check ups regulary a blood test being one of them, your PSA is checked and if it is high then there is medication or operation if caught early then something can be done about it. But like the Ladys you must go in for regular checks before it becomes to late.

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    You guys have it sweet, you're so lucky.

5 times more men die from Prostate Cancer than women die from Cervical Cancer ... and there's no test, free or otherwise, to detect it. Once you've got it, you're history.
    That's because you live in a feminocracy

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Lives in la la land you mean...

(not having a rant at you Pixie...)

No test for it???? You mean it goes completely... undetected! OH MY GOD! It must be a miracle anything get's treated then... I mean what - do they just start cutting open people and ripping out prostates on the off-chance?

Anyway - back on topic... this was about women's examinations, their importance and the issues surrounding them. Cervical vs Prostate awareness, treatment etc ain't a contest. Both issues need adressing, but that seems to be beyond the scope of this thread...
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    geez, why does every thread in this section seem to turn into battle of the sexes!
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    bike with 4 wheels!
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil View Post
    geez, why does every thread in this section seem to turn into battle of the sexes!
    because it's a woman's section, and we like to argue/debate

the more i read of this the more aware it makes me, ive started telling my friends all to get it done as well. yet the more i read, also, the more put off i get in some instances LOL!

but no, i guess I will have to suck it up and go to the *shudders* quack... even though they are all the spawn of the DEVIL!!
    "Take life one day at a time. Make mistakes. Learn from them. Come out a better person. Never regret the things that have gotten you where you are today."

Bike
    None any more
    even though they are all the spawn of the DEVIL!!
    I think you have them confused with aromatherapists.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    '96 suzuki GSF600s,'86 CBR400R Aero
    hay Buffy good thoughts at ya.
    hope ya holding up ok knows the waiting is hard big

i commend you alot of woman find it very hard to share their issues...
    me being 1 of them.
    asked Mom if I was a gifted child ... she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    because it's a woman's section, and we like to argue/debate

the more i read of this the more aware it makes me, ive started telling my friends all to get it done as well. yet the more i read, also, the more put off i get in some instances LOL!

but no, i guess I will have to suck it up and go to the *shudders* quack... even though they are all the spawn of the DEVIL!!
    So true, health problems big and small for both men and women dont go away when we close our eyes and wish them gone. Getting checked out is so important, dealing with it well is the challenge. It is not having something 'wrong' with us that is where we lose... it is in our reaction and character we can show we won, or lost.

Thread Information