Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tank range/fuel consumption Bandit 1250

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    + a Power Commander. The mid-range will be seriously lean and you'll risk burnt valves without one.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    bandit 1250 and 900 fire blade
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    It may be worth investigating a full Akrapovic system, minus the dreaded cat.
    um, bearing in mind i really am not mechanically minded, how would that help in cutting down fuel consumption?
    i wouldnt want to be caught dead in the same grave as me.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    It'll help the engine breathe better, though as I said you'll need a Power Commander (or some other fuel injection remapping hardware) to fix the mixture so you don't damage your engine over time.

An engine is just a big pump. Modern exhaust systems have to clean the spent gases as well as reducing the engine noise drastically. Engine noise is why the Bandit is now water cooled. Air cooled engines don't have a water jacket to help muffle the thousands of explosions per minute. Change the exhaust capacity of the pump by removing all the cleaning hardware and the engine is now exhaling differently and that will change the fuel/air ratio. With the correct fuel map loaded in the Power Commander you'll be able to improve fuel consumption, top end power, and the way the power is made. You'll be able to fix the fuel switching that goes on between a closed throttle and a just opened throttle too.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    bandit 1250 and 900 fire blade
    i think i understand that! i will have a read again tomorow when im not so tired.

thanks, lee
    i wouldnt want to be caught dead in the same grave as me.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    My experience with big suzukis is that they can be REALLY thirsty when spending their time mostly in the last 1/4 of the throttle.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Thread Information