Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bajaj plans to buy Ducati or Triumph?

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaR64Life View Post
    Au contraire... In the IT sector no country is taken more seriously than India. Not only because of the cheap labor but also because of the quality and efficiency of work. Huge multinationals like GE Money, ANZ, KPMG, Deloitte and the likes all outsource and trust the work done there. Hence india IS already taken seriously as opposed to waht u stated above. As for growing upwards I could throw numbers here $$ salary figure wise that would baffle you. Id suggest u google "ISB" Indian School of Business and c what past grads get paid, would really open up ur eyes.
    I wrote whole-spectrum IT -- at a loss for what to really call it, but I mean the computing sector as a whole; comprising `typical' IT, programming, software engineering, computer science, and others. India has had a lot of success with IT (in the usual sense of the word `IT'), but you'd be hard pressed to find anything on a large scale above that level.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Well I couldn't resist checking out some details on Bajaj.
    Very impressive. People should look them up.
    Some quick facts:
    Operating since 1927, and Board of directors seem to be a family line.Similar to Dilmah maybe.
    4th largest manufacturer of two-three wheelers in the world.
    Part of a group of Bajaj companies over twenty deep, including steel, finance, lighting/generation, insurance.
    Strong ties with Kawasaki since approx 1985.
    Export over qtr million units annually into 50 countries. (mainly Asia).
    Export growth of %27 for 04-05.
    See most of there growth in the near future inside India.(mainly upper reaches)
    Constantly developing strategies to improve there market strength.
    All of this without western world influence.
    This appears to be one of India's power houses. Triumph looks like a young Gazelle, tempting to an Indian tigers hunger.

Bike
    -
    It's funny, isn't it -- immediately post-war there were more bike manufacturers than you could poke a stick at -- James, AJS, Ariel, Velocette, Matchless, Douglas... the list goes on. After the Japanese manufacturers came in, now we've only got a handful, really. Just the big four Japs, and a handful of European marques.

But recently, we've got Hyosung become mainstream, Chinese manufacturers making scooters and small bikes -- not the best quality now, but bound to rapidly improve. And now we have Indian bike manufacturers making increased contact with Japanese engineers, higher capacity motorcycles, and I'm sure I recently read an Australian review of a Bajaj Pulsar.

Could we be seeing a return to the diverse and scattered market we used to have? I'd love to see that. The more variety the better.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    In some ways it fair to compare post ww2 with today. both periods did and have taken on rapid growth. One from devastation, the other, highly populated countries moving into 1st world status.
    Bajaj seems to be an experienced, disciplined corporation with its management in control of a solid growth era.
    Then you look at older 1st world nations that are struggling with cost efficiencies, productivity, and numerous other constraints.
    Could we look even further back, and consider the rise of empires like Rome and then examine its fall from such lofty heights? Is Britian and the US the new Roman empire? Heavy thoughts for a Fri a/noon.
    And with regards to Bajaj quality, I think BBC World Wheels has awarded it several gongs for the quality of the products, as have other independent agencies. Would I buy one? If they have a model that fits my requirements, is of suitable standards, and the price is right,of course. The Indian dynasties have quite a good reputation, and I can't remember any Englishman that built such a beautiful statement of love like that of the Taj Mahal.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    The technology etc deal with Yamaha seems more likely - they've done this kind of thing before.
    Doubt that as well, Yamaha are the bee's knees in terms of a 2-stroke 100cc in india.
    They sell for more second hand than they do new, and everytime they get them into the country, there is a que of people lining up to buy them before the shop opens.
    Its like Mercedes Benz collaborating with Austin.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Anything I can straddle
    Is this the company they are interested in?

www.triumph.com

Diversification.
    "When you think of it,

Lifes a bowl of ....MERDE"

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Merde View Post
    Is this the company they are interested in?

www.triumph.com

Diversification.
    I hope so, I'll readily take those "models" for a test ride.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Doubt that as well, Yamaha are the bee's knees in terms of a 2-stroke 100cc in india.
    They sell for more second hand than they do new, and everytime they get them into the country, there is a que of people lining up to buy them before the shop opens.
    Its like Mercedes Benz collaborating with Austin.
    I think most if not all of Bajaj's new models are four stroke.
    Merc over an Austin? Austins were an easy to live with vechile for the masses, Merc's are overpriced shite that constantly fail on the side of motorways on a Sat afternoon.

Bike
    Darmah, 888, B50SS
    Only because no-one else has said it............"Goodness gracious me!"
    ...she took the KT, and left me the Buell to ride....(Blues Brothers)

Bike
    Hodor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Bajaj - India’s second largest motorcycle manufacturer - is looking to “forge a partnership or even buy” Ducati or Triumph, according to reports in India’s finance sector.

Bajaj has been looking for ways of improving its engineering and product development expertise to expand a range currently limited to a nothing larger than 220cc. They are also reported to have been in discussion with Yamaha on the subject of technology and expertise sharing for larger capacity bikes, offering engineering and manufacturing expertise for smaller machines.
    Thats the same as india offering to share expertise in food hygine, if I were Yamaha I'd say no thanks

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87
    Quote Originally Posted by zrxer View Post
    Thats the same as india offering to share expertise in food hygine, if I were Yamaha I'd say no thanks
    God only knows where u get your information from.

PS: Thank fuck ur not Yamaha or Id sell my bike immediately.
    Firestarter Racing on facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirestarterRacing

Racing thanks to:

www.fluidcoatings.co.nz
    www.motostyle.co.nz
    MAXIMA racing Oils
    www.projectdigital.co.nz
    METZELER Tires
    New Plymouth Motorcycle Center
    www.topstitch.co.nz/

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Bandit 250
    These kind of David vs Goliath takeovers are not that uncommon in the corporate world..Tata steel, ranked 56th in the world, recently took over a British steelmaker called Corus thats ranked 8th in the world...and remember IBM PCs?..yeah once the world's largest maker of PC's..they were bought over by a Chinese company (Lenova I think) a few years back (only the PC division of IBM..the other divisions I believe are still American-owned).
    Money talks I guess..there are a few companies in India whose annual turnovers are bigger than the whole GDP of NZ.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zrxer View Post
    I am afraid that I can not take any persons views on board until they learn some respect for other cultures.
    Please use CAPITALS in respect to a nations name. It's India, NOT india.

Bike
    B12
    Not having a stab, but just reflecting on a few peoples comments.

Developed countries dont ask the world for humanitarian aid.

India did recently for something or other, when in reality they are a very wealthy country and quite capable of paying to help their needy - theyd just rather spend someone elses money...

India isnt developed.

One spell of heavy rains and the Mumbai-Pune Expressway was full of potholes (it does not need a genius to figure out the sad plight of the interior roads).

Electricity plays hide-and-seek as usual in Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad (touted as India's Silicon Valleys) and in many other places all over India.

Tap water is so filthy that one is forced to drink bottled water (though one is not sure how safe that is).

Pollution, which has reached record-breaking heights, is causing serious health problems.

Traffic jams are the order of the day.

The news of militants killing people in Kashmir is de rigueur in the news pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
    India isnt developed.
    Good thats settled then. After all can't argue with ur extensive experience
    Firestarter Racing on facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirestarterRacing

Racing thanks to:

www.fluidcoatings.co.nz
    www.motostyle.co.nz
    MAXIMA racing Oils
    www.projectdigital.co.nz