Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I bought a ginny

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN250E

Why I bought a ginny

Well I find alot of people cringe when I say I have a GN250. But the main reason I bought it was because of the fact I am a COMPLETE newbie. I didn't want to buy anything with fairings in case I binned it. Also it was in my price range and to be honest I quite like the look of them. I know they are chinese made so the quality may not be as good as the japas but for what im doing (commuting to work) it is great. It also handles the twisties pretty well. I have heapsa fun on it so thats what counts. So anyone thinking about I learner bike I highly recommend a ginny. If they can't afford something more pricey. Cheers GO THE GN

Bike
    zx14
    All good Steve, it's a confidence inspiring bike and rest assured you will get good resale on it when you're ready to move on

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN250E
    cheers bounce like the look of the vtr 250 maybe my next bike does it go good on the motorway

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    I considered a ginny for my first bike but was advised I would grow out of it in 3 weeks.

I got a VTR250 and grew out of it in 6 months. Had to ride it for another 6 before I got my full licence. I borrowed my wife's RG150 to get the occasional speed fix though!

Have fun.

Did you buy used or new?

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN250E
    Hi Mcjim bought my ginny second hand an abosolute minter. only done 1900kms when I bought it. Was bought new by first owner for his wife but she wasn't interested and it stayed in storage for nearly a year when he finally decided to sell it. The guy I bought it off in rotorua just got into biking after 17years. So he had it for 3months then sold it to me it looks better than some of the ones in the suzuki showroom.

Bike
    GSF250
    I had a GN as my first bike.. brought it brand new, got told I would grow out of it in 6 months, sold it after 5 months. But I didnt use it for commuting... and it would be a bloody excellent first bike to learn and commute on!

I can honestly say I wouldnt have been able to ride my Bandit if I hadnt first learnt on my Little Ginny... She was Black and I even put little flames on her, to make her a little different, I was proud to own that bike.

Ok so I got a little bit of ribbing for having one, but I also got alot of people (esp the oldies) who wanted to have a closer look at her. So yea.. I agree, Cheers to the GN!
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 555 View Post
    ...I find alot of people cringe when I say I have a GN250. ...
    Yeah GN's are cool. Look at mine. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46936

Bike
    zx14
    cheers bounce like the look of the vtr 250 maybe my next bike does it go good on the motorway
    yeah it does, and will run all day at 100, still because it is only a 250 the gearing is quite low so it is buzzing along a bit on the open road. I only took it as far as Palmy a couple of times, kept it mostly around town where it does brilliantly.

Bike
    gn250

Ginny

I've has bandit1200, gsx1400, gsx1100g,cb750,bandit 400etc as my only bike at each time. Now, my only bike is a ginny. Nothing wrong with a ginny. They are real motorcycles.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Absolutely! I did the same...bought a second hand GN (except mine was as asthmatic as you could get..older than me too!), but she was a good old girl.

Now I got the VTR250 ...man, what a cool bike. Awesome jump in confidence, especially due to the riding position of the VTR. More power, but not too aggressive (got to love the Vtwin power delivery). Got more street cred as well. And VERY comfortable (6 hours in the saddle Auckland - Napier for the Cold Kiwi..No problem!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN250E
    Awesome guys thanks for all your feedback on the mighty GINNY

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    The GN250 is a fantastic bike (well all the GN's are).
    Don't worry boss - its almost never the bike, always the rider. NO one talked shit about a friends GN125 when i rode it home for him weaving in and out a traffic at 120 leading a friend on a CBR250.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    2007 Yamaha R-Sixer
    Blog Entries
    i agree i have ridden a gn250 and it was great for commuting round the auckland city traffic and very simple to deal with, and as far as im concerned any vehicle is great as long as it has two wheels!!!

Bike
    2 black ones..black is alway's good
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    I had a GN as my first bike.. brought it brand new, got told I would grow out of it in 6 months, sold it after 5 months. But I didnt use it for commuting... and it would be a bloody excellent first bike to learn and commute on!

I can honestly say I wouldnt have been able to ride my Bandit if I hadnt first learnt on my Little Ginny... She was Black and I even put little flames on her, to make her a little different, I was proud to own that bike.

Ok so I got a little bit of ribbing for having one, but I also got alot of people (esp the oldies) who wanted to have a closer look at her. So yea.. I agree, Cheers to the GN!
    Yeah! But look at you now! All grown up and riding the Bandit.
    PS. Have you done your test yet?.. moan moan moan
    I'm only wearing black until they develop something darker

We came, We listened, And in one voice we answered
    BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!!

Bike
    a minature T-34
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    The GN250 is a fantastic bike (well all the GN's are).
    Don't worry boss - its almost never the bike, always the rider. NO one talked shit about a friends GN125 when i rode it home for him weaving in and out a traffic at 120 leading a friend on a CBR250.
    Sure takes something to get a gn125 to 120km/h.

Thread Information