Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is totally repugnant

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    I have also experienced an accident that couldn't be explained at the time. (Bike running wide through a right hander, two up on a moderate throttle).
    The KB gathering crew in April will remember said "off".
    For both myself, and Kanny to walk away from that was purely good fortune and luck.
    Robert will probably remember the Daytona forks as being a bit of a mess, modification wise.
    I can only reinforce that people need to use an experienced, knowledgeable suspension repairer, and be willing to acknowledge there skills with suitable reimbursement. What value do YOU put on YOUR life, and those close to you?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Robert you didn't answer my earlier question - what is the cost of the emulators? Just want an idea of what we are talking about here.
    Varying prices Merv. I believe the Racetech ones can be had for as little as $300 bucks? Not the sort of part I'd be pulling out of a bike once they were installed anyway.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    The fact it was raced reasonably successfully is a little misleading. The springs would have still held it up in its stroke after a fashion and heavier oil would have fudged it a little. But with all due respect in a full blown top level National F3 field it would be way off the pace due to the mechanical limitations.
    Hehehehe, in true loud mouth fashion, I STILL WOULDA BEEN UP THE FRONT. Kidding people, I am absolutely astonished that the bike was as ridable as it was, Both Andries and I had a ball.

May I ask RT, would reducing the ammount of compression damping, effectively increase the rebound damping? Or at least feel that way? I ask because however misguided, it could have been done on purpose.

Bike
    1000cc Inline 4
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Varying prices Merv. I believe the Racetech ones can be had for as little as $300 bucks? Not the sort of part I'd be pulling out of a bike once they were installed anyway.
    Close enough $329.00 is the number....

Bike
    cbr crap
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    What are the chances of this scenario.

When the bike was "Written off", the original forks were damaged. A second hand set were sourced, happening to have come off an ex race machine, the owner of which had fitted an upside down front, and stripped the emulators from the original forks to gain a little extra cash when selling bits?
    well we would never know. I just spoke to the previous owner of the bike. He has bought the bike from brand new of WMCC. Took it for its firs 1000kms service there and done nothing to it since. He was then on his way home one night and lowsided. Picked the bike up and rode it home. Insurance told him to take it to the bikeshop to get it assesed. The bgike went to WMCC and they decided the bike has too many little things wrong with it and so written it off. The bike remained there while the previous owner negotiated with his insurance. He bought it off them and sold it to me and so picked it up from WMCC.So yes...It is possible that the shop changed them because the others were bent....my question would just be why? i mean, surely they would tell you that they have given you a free set of forks if that is in fact what they have done? i don't know..have to settle with the fact that I will never know.....it pisses me off a bit.
    Don't you just love golf?

Bike
    None
    Robert you didn't answer my earlier question - what is the cost of the emulators? Just want an idea of what we are talking about here.
    pm me for pricing, there will be people viewing that employ the ''dutch auction'' method of marketing. I much prefer instead to provide good service and knowledgable backup.f

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Hehehehe, in true loud mouth fashion, I STILL WOULDA BEEN UP THE FRONT. Kidding people, I am absolutely astonished that the bike was as ridable as it was, Both Andries and I had a ball.

May I ask RT, would reducing the ammount of compression damping, effectively increase the rebound damping? Or at least feel that way? I ask because however misguided, it could have been done on purpose.
    No absolutely not, but if it had been ''fudged'' a little with heavier oil that would have made the rebound speed slower. Remember also that you had an Ohlins shock fitted straight out of the box, too soft for road race. So it would have crudely balanced the action. Now that it is sprung and valved specifically for road race it is doubly important that the front is matched to it.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    pm me for pricing, there will be people viewing that employ the ''dutch auction'' method of marketing. I much prefer instead to provide good service and knowledgable backup.f
    No problem the other guys have answered the question, I was just trying to figure what sort of a bad guy we were talking about, like was it a piffling $30 or about $300 as has been said, or is it over a $1,000 and whether it was worth the effort of removing them. I guess to some people $300 is worth it and bugger the consequences.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    None
    No problem the other guys have answered the question, I was just trying to figure what sort of a bad guy we were talking about, like was it a piffling $30 or about $300 as has been said, or is it over a $1,000 and whether it was worth the effort of removing them. I guess to some people $300 is worth it and bugger the consequences.
    Without detailing to a wide audience we within the price provide some added value that gives better function.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    If a bike is written off, how hard is it to put it back on road? My bro-in-laws SV1000S was written off by a m/c shop near Courtenay Place after a low speed high side on the "takas Minor cosmetic damage as far as we could see but with the cost of replacement fairing, etc, understandable that it was considered not worth repairing. However what are the chances of the shop getting it and converting it to a standard (naked) SV1000?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    If a bike is written off, how hard is it to put it back on road? My bro-in-laws SV1000S was written off by a m/c shop near Courtenay Place after a low speed high side on the "takas Minor cosmetic damage as far as we could see but with the cost of replacement fairing, etc, understandable that it was considered not worth repairing. However what are the chances of the shop getting it and converting it to a standard (naked) SV1000?
    Top triple clamp to replace, head light, front brake lines, swithch gear, (or at least the wires cos they too short), not too sure if the clocks are the same...

It would be cheaper too fix most writen off SVs than to change them to a naked version with factory parts.

Not sure if it's even legal for the shop that writes a bike off to buy it from the insurance company. Conflict of interest and all that.

Bike
    SV400
    I think I found one of the emulators.

How do I get these back in without anyone knowing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emulator.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	68162  

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post

It is Section 270 of The Crimes Act 1961.
    Endangering Transport.

[270Endangering transport

(1)Every one is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 14 years who, with intent to cause danger to persons or property or with reckless disregard for the safety of persons or property,—

(a)interferes with any transport facility; or

(b)does anything to any transport facility that is likely to cause danger to persons or property.

(2)For the purposes of this section, transport facility means any vehicle, ship, or aircraft, and any property used in connection with the transportation of persons or goods; and includes equipment of any kind used in navigation or for the guidance of any vehicle, ship, or aircraft.]

oh frig it... may have to pull all buckets off and go over them....

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry H View Post
    I think I found one of the emulators.

How do I get these back in without anyone knowing?
    Flippancy is not an altogether becoming virtue! I hope you know which way is up? ( With the emulators ) !

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I hope you know which way is up? ( With the emulators ) !
    Since there is a set in the bike'm rinding, which way is up?

Thread Information