Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is totally repugnant

Bike
    1000cc Inline 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Since there is a set in the bike'm rinding, which way is up?
    You should put them in the right way up

The exposed spring goes up.

Bike
    SV400
    Since there is a set in the bike'm rinding, which way is up?
    Since all they are is a glorified check/pressure relief valve you'd have to be a bit simple not to be able to figue it out. Not sure they actually physically fit the wrong way round anyway.

Spring to the top Drew

If you want a dangerous bike ride a hardtail

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    Holy Hell! with the amount of concern this has generated (RT, the original post I think was definatly worth concern) among people who are questioning their own suspension there must be some sketchy bikes out there!

Brakes, Suspension and Tyres. Pretty important.
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    If nothing else, at least Gassit Girl has a clear conscience that both SV650s that she has sold went WITH the better springs and emulators still fitted

Bike
    none for now
    When I first started riding I had a bike shop in palmy replace my fork seals and they forgot to put any oil in them afterward and being a newby I didn't know any better and rode with the most horrendous handling for over 10000km.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry H View Post

Tis a myth

loved my Triumph Rigid

Solo sprung seat ,,, handled fine ,,, Clocked some Miles on it to !!!!

Now PLUNGER rear end ,,,a whole lot of rope was smoked when they designed that

( I suspect the Marketing dept ,,,, theres some strange a goings on behind them doors )

Stephen

its a little known fact that all Rigid bikes come supplied with dual springs which are are adjustable for rebound and compression ....

unfortunately the damping rates are preset .......
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry H View Post
    Since all they are is a glorified check/pressure relief valve you'd have to be a bit simple not to be able to figue it out. Not sure they actually physically fit the wrong way round anyway.

Spring to the top Drew

I have seen two sets of forks with the emulators installed upside down, its events like this that have reinforced my scathing contempt for the ''kiwi can do'' mentality.

There are simple people, there are people who cannot read, maybe also there are too many suffering brain degradation due to too much waccy baccy?

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
    Holy Hell! with the amount of concern this has generated (RT, the original post I think was definatly worth concern) among people who are questioning their own suspension there must be some sketchy bikes out there!

Brakes, Suspension and Tyres. Pretty important.
    And cars, have you evidenced the number of ill handling cars with worn suspension dampers and bushings? A lot of the budget level imports we see on the road have ''sponge pudding'' calibration to start with and look positively unstable on bumpy undulating roads at anything above 80 km/h.

Conversely, the drift car mentality of lowering to the bump stops and winding in any clickers to max. Thats a really intelligent setting for greasy roads...

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by slopster View Post
    When I first started riding I had a bike shop in palmy replace my fork seals and they forgot to put any oil in them afterward and being a newby I didn't know any better and rode with the most horrendous handling for over 10000km.
    Criminal negligence?

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Ah yes, but you did say drift cars. They set up there cars so that they WILL break traction.. the idea of drifting...
    It is however a good example for you to use in your seminars etc, showing an extremity.. lowered to bump stops, winding all the clickers right in = easy loss of traction, mostly dangerous.. unless your a drifter.
    Its the ''crash test dummies'' driving these on the road that I worry about, particularly if they are on the same piece of road as you at the same time.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I built a drift car once, well started to anyway, took a carburated Sivia, (S12 for those in the know), injected it, threw a turbo at it, and off I went, great skid car, right up untill I lowered it, then the fuckin thing would slip a tiny bit, before tearing off down the road, how dare it improve my traction I thought! And now wonder why you assume a dumped car will slide around without warning.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Knowing S12s, that seems unlikely.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Knowing S12s, that seems unlikely.
    I dont care what you know, that's what it did. I had to put standard rear springs back in it to do decent skids. Without the aid of a handbrake.

Bike
    Bikes!
    I dont care what you know, that's what it did. I had to put standard rear springs back in it to do decent skids. Without the aid of a handbrake.
    You've really no idea why this is the case though... and yet you fuck around with things like that... which is far more worrying than the end result.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    You've really no idea why this is the case though... and yet you fuck around with things like that... which is far more worrying than the end result.

Bwahahahahahaha, I didn't care why it did it, I just wanted to slide my way around a race track, and my budget was too tight to have an IRS kit put in it, with adjustable cambers, and fiddle brakes. So my option was trial and error with what I had.

I couldn't give two shits what worries you about my understanding of car suspension, it was a toy, I grew bored with it, and I sold it.

In terms of the bike however, my understanding is again limited, my saving grace on that front is a pretty decent riding abilty. It means I can change what I think is causing a problem, and then FEEL if I'm right or not. All the suspension knowledge in the world wont help if you cant put the benefits into practise.

Thread Information