Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blind spots - or how not to follow a cage

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    I've had my full license for over 30 years, and despite some shiny certificates/diplomas/badges, I'll freely admit to learning all the time. Must be that open mind thing...

Am I at risk of running over a dog now? Or can I just leave my fate to lady luck?
    Given the demograph in Auckland I'd say a lot must leave their fate to Allah, Apple or Darwin

Those wheeled box things on the road are totally unpredictable so I keep well away from them when possible....and

dogs.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    I ride on the left hand edge of the RH wheel rut, usually its nice & clean but picking up the unworn courseness for grip.
    If there are any other factors involved than you could be following the vehicle in front vehicle to closely. Even the 2 second rule is not always adequate.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphro_Ant View Post

Back to the original thread - The best place to be from what I've been told and seen is on the left hand side of the right hand wheel of the cage you are following and at a safe distance.
    Fuck I'm good, please reference me in future, instead of calling me a troll. The debate was over stopping distances of different class of vehicles.

Thread Information