Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I rode it!!!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I've had a couple sessions on it now, trying to master low speed wheelies that dont get faster, lets just say it's harder than it looks, but I'm progressing.

The front is SOOOOO high when I'm doing, I cannot believe I haven't landed on my arse. I had it quite a way past the balance point in the last session a couple times, and it's amazing what can be saved if ya dont panic.

Got a couple of pics courtesy of Flame, but our camera is shit, and it's hard for her to get me in the frame with the delay on the camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STUNTA 1.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	69367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STUNTA 4.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	69369  

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    looking good dude!
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    RF900
    Those are some nice balls ya got there

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole_C View Post
    Those are some nice balls ya got there
    The wording is a tad suspect, but cheers anyway.

Bike
    15 ZX10r, 07 ZX10r, 89 ZXR750
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    ...SOOOOO high ...
    Hey dude, I had a trick I tried on a previous bike:
    Hook up the side stand cut out switch off the rear swing arm with a rod hanging down, adjust rod so it touches the road (closed circuit) at desired wheelie height and cuts the ignition. This will almost stop you going over and is easily adjustable as well.
    Once you find that elusive balance point and master it you can remove it.
    I'll be making this mod to my stunter, but still hopping my 400 can even get up that is.
    You’re dammed if you do and you’re dammed if you don’t… Bartholomew J. Simpson

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Kflasher View Post
    Hey dude, I had a trick I tried on a previous bike:
    Hook up the side stand cut out switch off the rear swing arm with a rod hanging down, adjust rod so it touches the road (closed circuit) at desired wheelie height and cuts the ignition. This will almost stop you going over and is easily adjustable as well.
    Once you find that elusive balance point and master it you can remove it.
    I'll be making this mod to my stunter, but still hopping my 400 can even get up that is.
    It's a good idea, but in pratice it will only make it harder once it comes off.

I can bring the bike back past the balance point now, it's just a matter of growing the nuts to do it repeatedly to stay at a constant speed. I have a set of flash brake pads in the rear, I just need to hack at them with an angle grinder to seat them on the disk properly. Once that's done, I can begin damping the wheelstand with the brake, rather than using the throttle, this should give me more control.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    A very cool day out today, had a large group of people, several cameras, and the mayhem began.

I was having a bit of trouble finding my groove, but I got back to the level I was at in my last session, different people got on and had a turn, very well done to Flame, both Darkman and Deano hooked the next cog for the first time ever.

Couple pics of the fun. #1 me #2Mikey #3Frenchy on the left, me on the right, Darkman making up the background #4Flame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spread em boy.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	70098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the evil pitty.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	70099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	match made in...erm.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	70100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vickis one.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	70101  

Bike
    BLANK
    was wicked to see you doing it in the flesh Drew, and with such ease. And the fulla on the Yellow Gixxer was going off too. My youngest son though it was awesome and from a 5 yr old that means you are a legend.

Bike
    Yamama
    A very cool day out today, had a large group of people, several cameras, and the mayhem began.
    was a wicked day had a blast ridding with you, and to see how many people were keen to jump on and give it a go was unreal to! till next time keep it up
    Ride it like you stole it....

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by bull View Post
    was wicked to see you doing it in the flesh Drew, and with such ease. And the fulla on the Yellow Gixxer was going off too. My youngest son though it was awesome and from a 5 yr old that means you are a legend.
    Cheers man, the GT will do it too if ya wanna learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    was a wicked day had a blast ridding with you, and to see how many people were keen to jump on and give it a go was unreal to! till next time keep it up
    Was cool when the both of us were out, pushed me to go that wee bit harder. Busted out some new stuff today, gettin a feel for it, cant wait till you bring the R1 down. I had a wee play on Caseys today, even with standard gearing, it's sooooo bloody easy to wheelie and stoppie to your hearts content.

Really is cool that everyone wanted to get out there, huge props to Garry, Tazman, or whatever that Povey calls himself on here, you came in leaps and bounds today man.

Jimbo600 took to my bike like a duck to water, very cool bro.

Deano was out of action today unfortunately with a sore foot

We're currently trying to get proper access to the location, and as soon as we do, it's mass gathering time.

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Not with bull on it mate. You skinny fellas always seem to forget how much advantage you guys have over larger calibre lads.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    I've had a couple sessions on it now, trying to master low speed wheelies that dont get faster, lets just say it's harder than it looks, but I'm progressing.

The front is SOOOOO high when I'm doing, I cannot believe I haven't landed on my arse. I had it quite a way past the balance point in the last session a couple times, and it's amazing what can be saved if ya dont panic.

Got a couple of pics courtesy of Flame, but our camera is shit, and it's hard for her to get me in the frame with the delay on the camera.
    Mikey sent me a PM yesterday, is that what he wanted the camera for?
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatjim View Post
    Mikey sent me a PM yesterday, is that what he wanted the camera for?
    I'm not sure bro, wasn't till lunch time he even knew he was coming.

Speaking of cameras, yours was there today Korea, get some pics up ya bastard.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatjim View Post
    Not with bull on it mate. You skinny fellas always seem to forget how much advantage you guys have over larger calibre lads.
    I will bet, that even you big boned types, could easily do a stand up wheelie on a GN125. Hoisting in second no less!!!

Bike
    '06 Honda Fartblood
    I'm not sure bro, wasn't till lunch time he even knew he was coming.

Speaking of cameras, yours was there today Korea, get some pics up ya bastard.
    Hey, excellent wheelie practice and pukka location for it. Let's hope it can be at our disposal many a time in future.

Sorry, I had my phone camera with but didn't catch anything. Quality was too shite. Next time, I'll bring the complete arsenal of vid/camera toys.

Cheers for encouraging me to get amongst it too - I'm still a complete pussy but now I'm getting the feel for it.

Cheers for the right-hand advice Gary

When's the next gathering???
    Keep it rubber-side down...

Thread Information