Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stung $400

Bike
    1994, Honda, CBR250 RR

Angry Stung $400

Me and mate both got stung $400 for no L-plates yesterday We werent doing over 70kph or nething. Still not gona use ma L-plate because drivers sit up ur ass!!!! Other learners beware of the quoter filling 50

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by redliner View Post
    Me and mate both got stung $400 for no L-plates yesterday We werent doing over 70kph or nething. Still not gona use ma L-plate because drivers sit up ur ass!!!! Other learners beware of the quoter filling 50
    Bugga! Did you try and make some half assed excuse?
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Me and mate both got stung $400 for no L-plates yesterday
    Are you expecting sympathy?
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    None, sold.
    Me and mate both got stung $400 for no L-plates yesterday
    Shit, that's the first time I've heard of that happening in isolation (i.e. not accompanied by $700 for riding like a nutcase or something). What did you do to draw attention?

Dave
    Signature needed. Apply within.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Mate. I've got some kayaks, just need you to cry me a river...

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Are you expecting sympathy?
    Probably. Bit thin on the ground today.
    "Still not gona use ma L-plate...." - yeah, don't worry about those fines. Once they get up around the $50K mark you can trade 'em in on a few Saturday mornings eh bro
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    or pay them off at $2 a fortnight.
    sometiems being a broke, young person has its benifits...

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by RantyDave View Post
    What did you do to draw attention?
    Perhaps they was doing "no more than 70kmph" in a 100kmph zone...

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    I rode for nearly two years on my learners with no L plate and never got a ticket... I also rode a lot of the time after 10am, but at the same time i was 'breaking the law' and there are punishments for doing such things.

If you want to have a cry, a mate of mine no longer alowed to lurk here was stung for over $1200 for speeding, no L plate, and over 70kmh... the cop was a weekend biker who had a 636, so it's not like he was biased or anythhing.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Know what you mean about cars positioning themselves right up your arse.... Going through that at the moment.. Had one bad experience when I first got my bike... Took my L plate off..... Decided to put it back on, had a nice red holden right up my arse.. Yes I know my arse is damn sexy but theres no need to get that close..!!! jk
    Not much you can do about it.. But the rules are the rules... I'm not playing innocent here as I've not followed rules myself.. But the decisions yours as to wether you put your L plate up or not... If you don't and you get caught.. No point whinging bout it..

Bike
    Honda PC800
    And the cop just picked you at random diddn't he --You were riding completely within the law oterwise weren't ya ?
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Sold it, hubby's ducati & scooter
    Condolences for the ticket, but it's a risk taken when riding without the looney L plate. Yes most other drivers act like dicks when you have an L plate, so it's a personal toss up between L plate or no L plate. I don't have an income to pay a fine, so figured I better be a good lass and do the legal thing. Was quite glad to move up to the restricted and get rid of the wind catching device (and impatient/moronic cagers attractant).

How long till you can go for your restricted?
    Lusting after 2 wheels over 4 anyday

Bike
    1994, Honda, CBR250 RR

ouch.

Just wanted to warn people who dont use a L-plate.
    Obviously u cant post a comment without getting shit.

Bike
    none
    Blog Entries
    Just wanted to warn people who dont use a L-plate.
    Good warning too , don`t worry about the red thingy next to ya name ( what shade of red do you think it is) ,carry on as you were ,mate things will get better , just use the plate or know other alternatives , use search.

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250R
    Of course not - perhaps you forget you're on KB.

I take the opposite approach to you - I keep my L plate on but ignore the 70kmph rule. I found this stops most idiots from riding my ass and I haven't yet been pulled up due to it.

Thread Information