Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Charged with dangerous driving. What's going to happen?

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    also any kbers lawyers that would be free next monday at i think it's 9.15 am, if you could donate me some time or sumthing or i dunno...i don't have any money....

and i get the feeling a free oppinted one will be on the cops side.
    I'll represent you bro free of charge, i know fuck all about being a lawyer, but you get what you pay for aye.

Bike
    18 Street Triple RS, 18 Aprilia Tuono RR
    One word................Brokeback.

Bike
    08 CRF250R
    Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour View Post
    Do they have internet access in goal? If not then there is the possibility of no skidMark for 6 months?
    lol!

(10char)

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250R
    I hear they still have chain gangs Down at Rangipo Prison Farm
    You were looking for a job ast week this could be a break for you

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Just imagine - if you had have taken that job that was offered to you, you could afford a lawyer.

Although you probably wouldn't have needed one, seeming how you probably would have been at WORK, instead of fucking around on your bike being an unemployable loser.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    can we keep this on topic please instead of digging into me, i'm under enough stress as it is.

Bike
    Concours 14
    can we keep this on topic please instead of digging into me, i'm under enough stress as it is.
    I think i read somewhere "you reap what you sow"

Bike
    None any more
    You're going to Court. You will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty.

You should take legal advice from a Court-appointed lawyer. They're not on the "same side" as the Police. They will instruct you on your rights and the potential consequences of choosing a a particular plea. Unless you have good witnesses and solid evidence that contradicts the Police's case, you will undoubtedly be found guilty and convicted. Pleading guilty in the first instance may allow you to broker a more advantageous deal than allowing a Judge to throw the book at you.

Take advice from the Court-appointed lawyer. I say that most sincerely as a taxpayer who is picking up the tab for your indiscretion.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250R
    we are on topic the topic of what is going to happen to SKIDMARK
    We are giving you al the options possible so that you are prepared for the worst
    Like the little dot tattoo beside your eye

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Your kidding us right. You open your life up to KB'r and then want to bail out because of the stress your under. Does mum know your on the internet.
    But seriously you had better start learning about role playing games and the wonders of "Lube' Anything you can find is going to be handy, where your heading Sonny boy.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    But you being pig-headed is what this topic is all about, Mark. Instead of worrying about what the future holds, spend some time reflecting on how you got to where you are today, and use it to grow from.

You asked what's going to happen - you're going to get a salutory lesson in life, and hopefully realise that when people offer you things (that you have sought) in good faith, that you should seriously consider taking those offers up.

Bike
    None any more
    And anyway, haven't you previously lost your license for traffic offences? As this isn't your "first time", I wouldn't be too hopeful about leniency. Buy yourself a bus pass.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    18 Street Triple RS, 18 Aprilia Tuono RR
    Anyway without knowing exactly how dangerous you were it is impossible to guess what is likely to happen.

As far as being attached to your bike the court is not going to give a shit. If anything they will tell you that if you were that attached then maybe you should have been more carefull.

Bike
    2007 gt250r hyosung

fines

if u have fines outsiding they could sell the bike ..............
    once impound of 28 days u go pay the cost of impound not pretty that is for sure ............. an then u can have bike back ........

Bike
    None, sold.
    can we keep this on topic please
    Do what Hitcher said. Dress nicely for court, look sorry, do not smirk. They are going to fine you like you can't imagine. The court appointed lawyer will try and scam it such that you can pay it back at $20/week. However, if you're already doing so due to ... say ... previous convictions then I'd reckon your chances are significantly lowered.

So, yes, they might sell the bike to pay your fine. And you will almost certainly be gaining a criminal conviction. And you will have to own up to it every time you go abroad for the rest of your life and some places may not let you in because of it. (Jokes about Australia and criminal convictions for another day, please). Certainly your insurance costs are going to be through the fucking roof for the next five years at least and probably ten.

You are not gonna do porridge. It's expensive and only, really, for people who pose an ongoing threat to society. Once they've flogged the bike that won't include you.

I'd buy some nice comfy shoes if I were you. And a bus pass. And be thankful you're still fucking alive because many better men and women aren't.

Dave
    Signature needed. Apply within.

Thread Information