Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Mella yella race roundup

An twasn't a Manx Norton,it was a G50 Matchless with a Quaife gearbox,and probably a lot more.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I tell ya what it sounded amazing.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    An twasn't a Manx Norton,it was a G50 Matchless with a Quaife gearbox,and probably a lot more.
    The one with the gold-coloured engine? Beyoodiful... I have a pic of it in the gallery
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    Honda PC800
    It looks so damb sexy and the sound is outa this world . Mind you I had a close up view of it as he slowly pulled up and past me on the top of the hill
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    The one with the gold-coloured engine? Beyoodiful... I have a pic of it in the gallery
    The G50 was a 500cc,the AJS 7R was the 350cc version - these were more popular,an over the counter race bike....they were called ''The Boy Racer''

One of the biggest thrills in my life was getting to take a 7R down pit lane - running on alky with a huge megaphone the bike 8 strokes when off cam...BANG BANG BANG,then....WAAAAAAHHHHH as it hits the 'cam',with a 4 speed box they are hugely overgeared in first,so as you slowly feed in the clutch it drops off cam again...BANG BANG BANG,slip the clutch to get on cam again,this happens a couple of times until you can get the clutch fully home.With the motor just sitting on the start of it's power band you rocket down pit lane at what feels like 100mph! - I'm just pit crew so no helmet and just shoes.Those old singles are awesome machines - and not too slow either.

The G50 on sunday seemed to run very nicely and with a 5 speed box would be very riderable.I wonder if with modern parts and better tuning skill they have got around 'megaphonitis'

Who was that going up and down pit lane on the Aeramachi single,he did it forever,but I never saw him race...
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I dunno who it was mate--I was havin enough problems of my own with the 750

Thread Information