Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get people out of cars and onto bikes campaign

Bike
    GSR600

Smile Get people out of cars and onto bikes campaign

Hi Guys,

We need to get all members in our club to actively tell/text/paste shit on peoples cars to get on motorbikes and get out of their cars:

For the reasons:

-NZ $ is not sustainable at its high price and gas prices to fuel those hunk of 4 wheel junk are going to be a huge whack on the ole wallet soon

-NZ is becoming the new Italy (More uptake on motorcycle/scooter riders in Italy), makes it safer for 2 Wheelers. (Ignorant Car drivers can go get FUCKED!)

-Its safer to ride a bike with more bikes on the road.

-Bikes are more agile and give you much more freedom!!!

-Petrol consumption will go down, more money in peoples wallets.

-Just make other shit up like I have done above to get people into getting bikes.

Try and convert people from cars to bikes like how Church people persistently nag people to come to their church. Eventually people will give in and they will turn up to one service. Except with bikes, once they try it, its like coke, you know it could be harmful to you, but you still want more.

If everyone gets at least 1 person to buy a bike in September, that will be a good start.
    Even if they have to get a loan, as long as they use the money for the right thing .!

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    You own a bike shop, right?
    Even if they have to get a loan
    or a finance company?
    Why all the proselytising? Christians and Hari Krishnas are annoying enough, do we really need bikers on street corners preaching the word of the wheel?
    Nah, I reckon you are trolling.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    My bike uses twice as much fuel for any given distance as my car
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTboy View Post
    My bike uses twice as much fuel for any given distance as my car
    same here, and it probably emmits more bad shit into the enviroment than any car.

Bike
    MC21 NSR250 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    same here, and it probably emmits more bad shit into the enviroment than any car.
    Mine for sure emmits more bad stuff than several cars combined.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Stop smoking weed and do some study...

I would be more worried if 50% of people currently driving cages/4x4's/whatever were riding bikes... most people in cages are too retarded and are a hazard to themselves as it is.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Can just see my folks now....'Goldwing Heaven'.....i dont think that will be an improvement...

Ignorant Car drivers can go get FUCKED!.....Mmmmm i own a car, we are not all ignorant, just some are....doof doof!

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    You own a bike shop, right? or a finance company?
    Why all the proselytising? Christians and Hari Krishnas are annoying enough, do we really need bikers on street corners preaching the word of the wheel?
    Nah, I reckon you are trolling.
    Don't feed the trolls!
    Hey you......

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    I'd be pretty pissed off if someone pasted anything on my car!
    It certainly wouldn't persuade me to try their product - quite the opposite, in fact!
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    com on dan.. do u realy want more bikes on the road then cars????
    if thats how its gana be then we wont be special on the road any more.
    kids well not have any one to look up to....
    and one more thing if every onr rids a bike means cops would do too. and theres no more getawy for us true bikers (not my self )

sory dan for not suportin yea . but i gata stand for my belifes

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    lol quite a back-fire dan!!! nw everyone thinks you're either a dirty loan shark or u run a bike store and are using this as a disguised form of advertising

i can vouch for dan he's a great guy DEFINATELY not a loan shark or a bike shop owner hahaha

he's just really worried and really REALLY doesnt like cars (specially after what happened to kyle (2wheeljunkie) recently

dan just got a vtr250 (what a lovely bike) which does like 300kms to a 12l tank and is clean azzz so yea

definately a good idea tho to get more people out of cars and onto bikes...or at least promoting car pooling to reduce traffic and morons who pull out of nowhere with their eyes close
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    Stop smoking weed and do some study...

I would be more worried if 50% of people currently driving cages/4x4's/whatever were riding bikes... most people in cages are too retarded and are a hazard to themselves as it is.
    i have to agree
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    go to india or thailand or countries inbetween... gawd, so many bikes, so crazy when they're ALL waiting at the front of the lights

(so i am told)

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    dan just got a vtr250 (what a lovely bike) which does like 300kms to a 12l tank and is clean azzz so yea

definately a good idea tho to get more people out of cars and onto bikes...or at least promoting car pooling to reduce traffic and morons who pull out of nowhere with their eyes close
    Other have just got a vtr 250 today... went for ride she came back with that grin you get...

Anyway.. I wouldn't be promoting more bikes, less cars ... blah blah blah personal choice and all that... etc etc etc...

But what does need promoting is driver education, (including some of lot on bikes). And to those in cages to respect bike riders as legal form of transport that is allowed to be on the road and keep you eyes open for that bike that could pop up from behind that other car

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
    go to india or thailand or countries inbetween... gawd, so many bikes, so crazy when they're ALL waiting at the front of the lights

(so i am told)
    yeah, while conjestion would definetly be reduced, you couldn't exactly cut to the front of every cue...

although i would like to see ALOT more bikes on the road; traffic will improve and bike/gear prices should drop (after the initial spike that we have now where 250s cost more than 600s)

EDIT: added bonuses would be more parking capacity in the city, and less road damage/wear, but the flipside is that bikes may have to start paying for parking and petrol taxes may have to increase (or road quality decrease) to cover the loss of income from all those 2L V8s parked on the motorway

Thread Information