Thread: -First trackday- motoTT, Taupo , 2nd September 2007 (Xile)

Bike
    CBR 600F

Talking -First trackday- motoTT, Taupo , 2nd September 2007 (Xile)

Done!
    Lost my track "virginity" yesterday!!!! lol

Arrived at Taupo, registered, prepared the bike...meaning wrap the indicators in tape, take off mirrors (*ahem* just one, the other did not want to leave the bike) so wrap one as well and the headlight..Then got my green sticker on the bike and the "special" orange on my helmet!! Woooohhhooooo! Ready for the track !!

Felt so nervous...it had been raining the night before..the track was wet and the sky full of grey clouds...not the best conditions to meet Taupo's corners... After the Fast and Medium groups and a bit of sun, the track looked much better and it was my turn to go on it!!!
    Stayed at the end of the group and rode quite slowly the first lap and the first session...all these guys were so much faster than me But decided to keep my pace (ie slowest of the slow group lol), feel the track and feel the bike first and then, we'll see... End of the first session...feeling a bit frustrated being so slow

Second session..hehe!! Much better! A bit more down on the asphalt and throttle bit more too...Sensations coming too, more confident with the bike and with my lines

Third session!! Yiihhaaa! Awesome! Footpegs scraping almost all corners, following the pace of the bike in front of me, almost as fast as the bigger bikes in the corners..*ahem*...lost in the two straights...*miss my make-up this morning, check in the mirror stuffs etc* lol! Too much vibraaaations for the speedo so really no idea how "fast" I was but man! feeling so good!!!!

Last session...totally sure about me, the bike, my lines (except this T14, probably different lines each lap each session , still not sure how to take this one), a warm and dry track! Pure joy, was sooooo goooood!
    And pass one guy in T7 in his exterior, on my last lap!!
    Tried to get my arse out of the bike as often as possible, looking the end of my turn, be on the right gear, be as fast as possible, as smooth as possible...and don't crash again

Sum of this day: awesome, beautiful, wonderful, magic, all-good, fun, cool and all these kind of adjectives! Want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But all that could not have been possible without KB *dry the tear in the corner of my right eye*...
    Indeed I was KB sponsored: Firstly and the most important, the bike. Thanks Noel, mate you're awesome (just for people to know: I crashed it one week before the trackday ) and you'll drink that French champagne soon!!! Then thanks to Frosty for the pants, Ms Busa Pete for the boots, Matt for the ride down and the "mechanical" help, Jill for the trailer, Gareth for the mirror and the entertainment and all the others who I dont know the names!!!Thanks to people of motoTT for organisizing too.

Waiting for the pics now, to see how it looked

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Awesome stuff!

I saw you out there on the track. Well done. Swot it's all about, innit.

Would have said hi in person but the crowd sort of blends into itself and one never gets to talk to all the people one would like to on such occasions.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Sounds like you had a whole stack of fun. Bet you can't wait to do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    TE 250
    Excellent work.
    I saw you out there on the track.
    Only saw you a couple of times on the track.
    You must have been going awesome!!!
    You might need noels bigger bikes next time? lol
    TMF

Bike
    CBR 600F
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTboy View Post
    Sounds like you had a whole stack of fun. Bet you can't wait to do it again.
    yeaaaaaaaaaa

And Westie, dunno how it look like but I feel it good!!!!
    mmm gonna wait a bit before others noel's bikes hehe...not same price to fix them if I crash lol

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    excelent writeup, you go you good thing!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Awesome stuff!

I saw you out there on the track. Well done. Swot it's all about, innit.

Would have said hi in person but the crowd sort of blends into itself and one never gets to talk to all the people one would like to on such occasions.
    Ya rude bastard. You should have waved your thumb around and I might have spotted it.

Good work Cecile, made huge improvements during the day

I had a pretty good day, couple of front end slides while scrubbing the front tyre in properly and getting rid of the slight squareness from commuting, but it all came together in the afternoon. Quite happy with my speed later on in the day. Awesome grip from the Bridgestone BT-002's. Could get on the power so early out of corners, thats where I did most of my overtaking. Awesome.

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    You did really well! You were one of the few I really wanted to come and congratulate at the end of the day. It was so cool to see how much you improved over the day....getting a cheek off the seat and all! Good onya Xile!
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Glad you had fun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2353.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	69761  

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Ya rude bastard. You should have waved your thumb around and I might have spotted it.
    Sorry.

Next time I'll be on the bike, so I'll moon you as I go past down the front straight, or something.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Various
    Your write up and that photo (thank you Kiwifruit) made my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    CBR 600F
    Thanks everybody!

Thanks Kiwifruit for the pic

Some more from MotoTT website...hehe..almost the end of the tyre lol!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2031.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	69769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2381.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	69770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2318.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	69771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1994.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	69772  

Bike
    none at the moment
    AHHH!!!! Too much good stuff, im so happy your happy! Doing a happy dance in my chair actually...

Bike
    B12
    Nice write up Cecile. You'll be hooked now
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Thread Information