Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a few questions about the GPX...

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol

Just a few questions about the GPX...

just a few things i started wondering about over the weekend...

can the back suspention be ajusted?? i looked but couldnt seem to find a way to make it harder its way to soft and bounces when cornering.

also has any one taken the baffels out yet? if so does it effect preformance how does it sound etc?
    "the fish is talking!!"....
    'but is he saying anything??.... no.. not realy'

Bike
    a blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by 2strokegirl View Post
    can the back suspention be ajusted??
    nope, it's not adjustable stronger spring might help? or aftermarket shock?

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    P-Twins are exceedingly sweet sounding bikes when debaffled. Old Triumph anyone? Hell, even the humble Suzuki GSX250 sounds bloody good when released.

Do it.

Bike
    Zilch
    Suspension: Non-adjustable. They are a pretty soft, but Speights Bud has proven you don't need to adjust your suspension to get them going extremely well.

Pipes: Take the baffles out. No need to justify. Just do it.

Peace hath higher tests of manhood

than battle ever knew.

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R
    just a few things i started wondering about over the weekend...

can the back suspention be ajusted?? i looked but couldnt seem to find a way to make it harder its way to soft and bounces when cornering.

also has any one taken the baffels out yet? if so does it effect preformance how does it sound etc?
    you'll need the whole things taken out and have the springs and oil replaced, i know what you mean it isnt that good the nose dive i didnt notice any problem with the rear suspension though??

i wouldnt touch the exhaust to be honest you may lean out the fueling.

nah sorry to say you're stuck with it, just appreciate it for what it is? maybe if you get knocked off like me and write off your bike you may choose something else but if not, just wait till your full license.

and hey, it may be bouncy like a boat and it may not be the fastest bike but i could still have fun on it...

maybe consider getting yourself a double bubble windshield instead? http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sp...sptbks/280.htm

and some flushmount indicators? http://www.asiancycle.com/Home/tabid...1/Default.aspx

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol
    i dont wanna go faster. it goes fast enough to loose a lisence so i dont realy mind loosing a few kms. not realy worryd about fuel consupmtion etc as it is it i runs on the smell of an oily rag lol i get atleast 300kms out of mine for some reason im sure thats not right... i just wanna make it sound a lil bit louder without spendin lots of dosh on an intire exaust upgrade for a 250cc.

will invest in a tighter spring cos i dont wanna get bounced off lol.

also what would one recomend for tyres?? i want some rounder ones cos im already on the edge of the factory tyres and thats not good aparently.

thanks for the help.
    "the fish is talking!!"....
    'but is he saying anything??.... no.. not realy'

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I'd get the front end of the GPX sorted out first then see how it feels.You might be suprised how much better it is.
    Tyres wise you are a bit limited by the rim sizes being lil 16 inchers
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    that one in my sig
    also what would one recomend for tyres?? i want some rounder ones cos im already on the edge of the factory tyres and thats not good aparently.
    As far as I know Avon Roadriders will fit the GPX.

They're great tyres. I have them on my ZXR. They warm up quick and grip well in the wet so make a perfect commuting tyre.

They might not be quite as grippy as the hard out sport tyres in the dry but on a 250 you'd have to really be pushing it to run out of grip on the Avon's.

Best of all they're not a bad price.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by limbimtimwim View Post
    P-Twins are exceedingly sweet sounding bikes when debaffled. Old Triumph anyone? Hell, even the humble Suzuki GSX250 sounds bloody good when released.

Do it.
    I'm sure we had a thread about this, somebody asked about debaffling their GPX. Or perhaps ZZR? Or GSX. Or something. And everybody was saying `BOOO GNARRRR SUCKS, as if you'd debaffle a 250, what a laaaaameeerrrrr, get a GSXR n00bs, it'll sound like shit'. I think I was the only one who said `do it'.

It's worth noting that the GPX250 may be a parallel twin, but the crank will be 270 degrees or whatever, compared with an old Bonnie which is 180 degrees. Different sound. I heard a GSX with a non-standard pipe and it was surprisingly good.

Debaffle the sucker. Sucker. FOOL! Foolish sucker. You foolish sucker, FOOL! Anyway.

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    I'm sure we had a thread about this, somebody asked about debaffling their GPX. Or perhaps ZZR? Or GSX. Or something. And everybody was saying `BOOO GNARRRR SUCKS, as if you'd debaffle a 250, what a laaaaameeerrrrr, get a GSXR n00bs, it'll sound like shit'. I think I was the only one who said `do it'.
    Oh dear. I put a loud carbon pipe on my old VTR250. That sounded awesome. Some (Sensible) people poo-pooed me too. I'm glad I did it. I'm sad I sold it.

Bike
    Zilch
    Quote Originally Posted by discotex View Post
    As far as I know Avon Roadriders will fit the GPX.

They're great tyres. I have them on my ZXR. They warm up quick and grip well in the wet so make a perfect commuting tyre.

They might not be quite as grippy as the hard out sport tyres in the dry but on a 250 you'd have to really be pushing it to run out of grip on the Avon's.

Best of all they're not a bad price.
    Also, you could do a lot worse than a set of Bridgestone BT45's or Pirelli Sport Demons.

than battle ever knew.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by hXc View Post
    Also, you could do a lot worse than a set of Bridgestone BT45's or Pirelli Sport Demons.
    You could, but they'll square off in no time if you use the bike (as most people do with their 250s) to commute. Leaving you with an unuseable and shitty tyre in very little time.

A 250 (even the GPX, which is slightly porky) should be able to go around a corner in the dry at any ridiculous angle of lean and not lose grip, so long as the tyres are adequate (and understand that the directive to `corner smoothly' means at the very least not jumping up and down in the saddle mid-corner while jerking the front brake). Avon Roadriders (or even Roadrunners) are definitely more than adequate, and have the advantage of lasting forever.

Bike
    Zilch
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    You could, but they'll square off in no time if you use the bike (as most people do with their 250s) to commute. Leaving you with an unuseable and shitty tyre in very little time.

A 250 (even the GPX, which is slightly porky) should be able to go around a corner in the dry at any ridiculous angle of lean and not lose grip, so long as the tyres are adequate (and understand that the directive to `corner smoothly' means at the very least not jumping up and down in the saddle mid-corner while jerking the front brake). Avon Roadriders (or even Roadrunners) are definitely more than adequate, and have the advantage of lasting forever.
    I use Pirelli Sport Demons on my Spada, and 70-80% of my riding is commuting. The rest is the occasional fang, short distance touring and track days. They happen once in a blue moon and my tyres aren't square. Nor are Speights Bud's, who does a lot of commuting on his GPX, with BT's.

than battle ever knew.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by hXc View Post
    I use Pirelli Sport Demons on my Spada, and 70-80% of my riding is commuting. The rest is the occasional fang, short distance touring and track days. They happen once in a blue moon and my tyres aren't square. Nor are Speights Bud's, who does a lot of commuting on his GPX, with BT's.
    Maybe you're not as fat as the people who gave me this advice Or maybe you've just got really nice twisty commutes *jealous rage!*

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R
    Its basically a new bike, i wouldn't stuff around with it, make it the next owners problem... ur shit isnt going to be worn out for ages and 250's u only have for 18 months if that more like 12 usually so meh..

i was faced with all the above except now mines written off and i dont want another gpx

Thread Information