Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i swear this is not my year for motorcycling

Bike
    hornetalicious
    i think it is it..nahh private ehh..thanks though kim..worst come to worst i'll claim on insurance if the damage comes up to more than 600 bucks...my excess is that..soo more worth it to do it that way..bt we'll see how it goes..it shud be goin in to henderson motorcycles today..hope for the best and pray for the worst..
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Trade it in for a CBR250RR bulletproof engines and if you have problems with it you can come and see me. Haha there goes my sales pitch again
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    Trade it in for a CBR250RR bulletproof engines and if you have problems with it you can come and see me. Haha there goes my sales pitch again
    u could find a good job in sales kim...hahah
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ehab2weelr View Post
    u could find a good job in sales kim...hahah
    You never know you might see me in any of the showrooms in Auckland selling you a Honda but for now I think I will stick to IT projects.

Kyle you better hope the payment from the insurance on your written off bike is greater than the one you just purchased. That would give you some money to do the repairs.

Bike
    Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    you have the worst luck dude
    hope there isn't any bad damage to the engine.
    If his cam chain snapped, the cams would stop moving, i.e. valves would come to a stop, and if one of them happened to be open, the piston would plough right into it and then you're really fucked. Damaged piston / cam / valve / bore

Be optimstic.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    bad luck mate, hope you didnt pay too much for her... give me a buzz if you want to open it up and see whats happened, have got a fair few tools and bits from working on my bikes' engines and keen to help

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    If his cam chain snapped, the cams would stop moving, i.e. valves would come to a stop, and if one of them happened to be open, the piston would plough right into it and then you're really fucked. Damaged piston / cam / valve / bore

Be optimstic.
    alternatively, no damage may have been done, snapped the camchain on my old man's cx and although the valves are pushrod driven (chain drives the pushrods) a similar predicament was made but turned out nothing got munted

edit: good chance you might be able to buy your old bike back for the motor etc

Bike
    '08 DR650
    have possibly found someone who has 1 motor that could do with a "freshen up" and 1 that threw a rod but had new clutch etc... they wanted 300 for the two of em 2 weeks back, that'd account for a head and few other bits if any damage was done

they had em 2 weeks ago so prolly still do

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    ... give me a buzz if you want to open it up and see whats happened, have got a fair few tools and bits from working on my bikes' engines and keen to help
    If you get to this stage give me a buzz so I can come to learn more of Yamahahahahahaaa engines and perhaps help you guys out.

Bike
    Too many to count
    man i told you if you buy private to txt me or someone else who knows what they're looking at! the rattle that thing would have been making would have set anyones alarm bells ringing! argh horrible luck

if it's the cam chain there is a good chance you've fucked the engine, so don't bother with the cosmetics till the engine it sorted.

and as for towing; i've been riding on/offroad for 6 years now and i'll still get a trailer rather than tow. it's pretty dodgy as i'm sure you now know, and requires both riders to have some skill.

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    i went with him to check out the bike and blackblule also, it sounded sweet, didnt hear any thing wrong with it, and i would know if any thing sounds out of place.
    although we found out after buying the bike that the fllywheel cover had a crack don the bottom, nothing major, but then i noteced leaking of oil from the top couldnt find where it was leaking from, tolled him to go back to the seller and ask, but we never made it home.
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    hornetalicious
    thanks once again for the support boys..cheers to kim,squiggles and all..bt andrw ther was absolutely no signs of a lemon engine when i test rode her..she was riding real smooth..ahh the mechanic is havn a look at it and we'll go from there..i know im new to this soo i dunt really know where i stand bt parentals are keen on me getting a brand new bike which means the only option is a vtr and its 8 fckn grand..arghhh.....but i juz wanted to know something..if say hypothetically i were to rebuild the entire engine(combustion bits and gear box and i wud wanna do it professionally so labour as well )..what wud i be lookin at in terms of expenditure..wud it be better to save that money and buy a vtr??anyone's thghts wud be great..and ehab i know what yer goin to say....
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    Not a cheap option to build the whole engine. You can rebuild the top end within $1k but the bottom end build eg. transmission etc is just not economical. I am sure there are many FZR250 engines out there that you can buy and chuck it into your engine. But if I had a rare bike and parts are just so difficult to obtain then rebuilding might be the only option. Prepare to pay $1k to $5k for it most of it labour cost..

Bike
    hornetalicious
    i mean if its gonna cost me 1k to rebuild top end i might consider it an option..i mean i pln to keep my 250 for ages even after i get a bigger bike cause i'll use my 250 everywhere..and if i get another engine i dunt really know what cond that one will be in..it will be a peace of mind knwing everythings new.i dunt want to fix something and then a month later another fckin thing goes wrong..but bottom end rebuild does sund like it wud be an expensive job..im guessing without proper mechanical help it would be a no brainer not to even touch the bottom end yerself ehh...maybe if squiggles offered his mechanical skills and combine it with yers kim...possibilty to build the bottom end ourselves..??...

Bike
    Gone
    Just open it up and see what's up. If it's just the top end, buy yourself a Haynes manual, and get some KBers to help you out

You gotta learn sometime for when you blow up your next one eh?

Thread Information