Thread: Bugger - diesel spill in Seaview, Wellington

Bike
    2013 EX300SE

Bugger - diesel spill in Seaview, Wellington

Just a word to any Wellington KBers who riding out to Seaview today. There was a fairly recent diesel spill in the centre of the right hand lane approaching the Hutt Pk roundabout form Petone.

Caused a bit of a sphincter tightening moment for me (and a most impressive sideways moment for the cagers), so be careful out there guys.

Cheers, Paul

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Good work on avoiding the dreaded bin!

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Good work on avoiding the dreaded bin!
    Thanks mate, it was one of those spot the shiny slick as you touch the brakes to set up for the corner. Fortunately the GS is nice and stable when it goes sideway (even got the front end sliding a couple of times in the rain - now that's heartstopping the first time).

Bike
    NC30 :) & MiniMoto
    Yeah you can always expect that sort of thing around that area. Luckily I have never encountered a diesel spill but if I did id defiantly spin out into a milk tanker and explode.

Bike
    RF900
    all righty chaps and chapesses listen up I will say this only once!
    diesel is going through a change. the level of sulphur ppm is being reduced so less pollution. now thats the good news but the bad news is that the lower yuk diesel will bugger ther seals of many deisel fuel pumps resulting in lots of diesel leakage on the road for a while so the risk to us is optimal (big word sorry)pinical(even worse) extream for a while so be prepared for more diesel on the road for a while. The problem for us is it dumps on the Apex and so the good curves turn nasty in the wet. So just be extra cautions when its wet.
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Thread Information