Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy old guy at Uni

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post

Where exactly do you mean, Ste[ph|v]en?
    That won't work. The unescaped pipe symbol will try to pass Step and Steh to the (non existent ) executable v]en. If it did work (trying to use | as logical OR) it would resolve to Stephen and Stepven, which is not what you want.

In the bash shell, Ste{ph,v}en will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Too many to count
    perhaps next time a scooter takes up a good sopt you should just pick it up and move it? i know i moved scooters out of my way when i used to park in the bike parking - idiots parked so far apart the parking gets full, but too close for me to fit. trust me they aren't heavy

oh, and i reckon a truck crawling down symonds st with 2 big guys loading scooters in it would be full and gone within 3 minutes.

Bike
    a blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    james will be here with it soon no doubt
    I'm still trying to find a good :bling: emoticon.

edit:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    so im more than just the sexiest biker at uni then eh?
    have you seen the 08 cbr thou.....you'd need like jessica alba, the hot australian blond from transformers, megan fox (the reason nobody noticed the hot blond australian in transformers), denise richards, jennifer aniston (from back when she was hot), heather graham (from austin powers 2), that chick i see down at the uni gym all the time and like every super model in the world surrounding it to make it look good.....

im disappointed........

and nice blazed emoticons james look much better than the 08 cbr1000.....
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    and nice blazed emoticons james look much better than the 08 cbr1000.....

The 08 Fireblade is getting better after initially seeing it for the first time. It is still a bike that you will grow to like....and it is way better looking than James
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    The 08 Fireblade is getting better after initially seeing it for the first time. It is still a bike that you will grow to like....and it is way better looking than James
    i dunno i hear james is quite the ladies man

hehe oh and speaking of shit looking bikes check out the 08 gixxer600...didnt think it was possible but it looks worse than the cbr1000

just when you think honda hired a blind fulla to draw up the new cbr, suzuki went and hired themself a blind fulla with no arms!!!

thanks suzuki

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    i dunno i hear james is quite the ladies man
    Hi James, think you can help me in giving some tips ....

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Thanks for the diagram Squiggles... Helpful for those of us in exile on the 'other side' of Waterloo Quad to see what you're all talking about.

A little diplomacy would go along way - it strikes me that parking in the nooks and crannies around university is quasi-acceptable at best, and the quickest way to make it outlawed is to wear out our welcome - no matter what me may think about the rights and wrongs of the situation.

On the plus side - if numerous bikes scatted hither and yon all over campus does bring two-wheeled parking to the attention of those in their ivory towers in registry, at least we have a chance to meaningfully point out that the well-intentioned changes to bike parking round university are not working in their current form, and that changes are needed.

My 2cents...

(On a side note - scooters have crept in to the staff parking area at Law School...along with a lecturer's R1. If I ask *really* nicely...maybe they'll let me sneak my bike in there too)
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    Sold
    You guys have a problem and really need a sound lasting solution, the old guy is merely a symptom of the wider problem.

You are tomorrows leaders, here is an opportunity to hone up your leadership skills and solve your own problems amicably.

Good luck, this country desperately needs leaders and young people are the only source for the future. Cheers John.

Bike
    a blue one
    ....and it is way better looking than James
    you are so mean kim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Do they have internet in Shadows these days
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    You guys have a problem and really need a sound lasting solution, the old guy is merely a symptom of the wider problem.

You are tomorrows leaders, here is an opportunity to hone up your leadership skills and solve your own problems amicably.

Good luck, this country desperately needs leaders and young people are the only source for the future. Cheers John.
    one of the guys we know is working on opening up alfred st for bike parking again....he's putting together a document that outlines the problems we have been having and stuff...

we'll post it up when we know more but he's is basically looking for a few bikers to go along with him when he makes his case, just to add some validity and credibility to the argument.

i know im definately gonna go (provided im in the city/country) and i know many others who are keen so hopefully that will be the long-run solution....till then im gonna try and not run over any peds and will continue to park my bike near the lockers for safety reasons

EDIT: just cant seem to emphasise enough how MUNTER-ish peds are!!! god gave you eyes and a brain for a reason you dum fuckers!!! sad thing is that the people who gave me this attitude toward peds don't represent the population but now everytime i see a ped near the road edge i think "munter" and get ready to brake.....fucking munters

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    you are so mean kim
    WHoops did not mean that. You are special in your own way.....the CBR is special in many biking way

Bike
    a blue one
    WHoops did not mean that. You are special in your own way.....the CBR is special in many biking way

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    Uh oh spaghettio: I think you meant "read your above post", not "you above post". Punctuation and grammar, what a bitch eh...?!

I do agree though that the writing skills of many UOA students' is pretty shocking, (2 years of tutoring at the place). And I am not perfect either: Did I get the apostrophe in the right place?
    Bastid!

It wasn't meant to be YOU that picked that up.

But well done anyway.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information