Quote Originally Posted by selectedgrub View Post
    Cookie cutter RUB's ride...
    Better that than a bus ticket I guess.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by selectedgrub View Post
    Cookie cutter RUB's ride...
    So when ya getting one???
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    1972 HD
    Blog Entries
    Yeah,
    Maybe I'll trade down from my current sled...

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    should be getting mine,fatbob that is,next week. I'll let you know how it scoots.never bought a bike from a picture before,could be a right dog.nah? I'll post back if and when it comes to daddy.

Bike
    Vegas 8Ball 2014 Ultra

huge robert

fatbob in anza looks fuckin nice!
    ive got me a road robert ordered [street bob] gets here in december
    Anglo American Motorcycle Club

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by ratusratus View Post
    fatbob in anza looks fuckin nice!
    ive got me a road robert ordered [street bob] gets here in december
    so then you might join the Manawatu crowd on a ride or two perhaps ?? dunna matter wot you ride always welcome for sure
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Vegas 8Ball 2014 Ultra

local hogs?

yea might do get free membership!!
    Anglo American Motorcycle Club

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    the obese robert (fatbob) to which you alude(anzas fuckin nice one) is now in my possesion and it is gorgeous in a kind of staffy dog ugly kinda way. looks and sounds great but I'm to inibriated to take it out now but tommorrow the roads are mine! in a runnin it in styley.good luck with the streety,rode one last year and it was quicker stock than my stage 3+ softail.nice.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Are you saying a stock 1450 was faster then your fully worked Softail?

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    ermmm......no I'm saying it was quicker of the line and far more nimble and agile,so in a blat across town my money would be on the streety.In a quater mile drag second gear on it wuda ate my piston rings.actualy the sbob was the first 6 speeder wasn't it?,maybe closer gear ratios helped launch it for'ad?It don't matter,horses for courses init.an R6 wuda pissed on both but the rider would have needed traction after 20k and his bike would be worth about $200 now.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Dunno mate, But 65HP stock, Should have been eaten by a bike with even a mild workover, Whats a stage 3 bike good for 100HP?

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    Back to my fatboble.I'll try and keep it brief.front ends a bit bouncy,front brakes are sad but they gota bed in yet I hope,my foot keeps blowing off the right foot peg,mid mounters might have been better and the wind blast off the front is playing havoc with me beard.Now the good news.It hoons along pretty good,it feels very solid under me ass,riding position is cool,it sounds and looks sweet but the most startling news is despite its measly 4.something inch ground clearance,it goes round corners realy well?. I'm tellin ya it does the twisties sweet as,plenty of lean angle,solid and predictable.ok its got its limits its a big bus but I'm well impressed.no more american footboard scrapings on the road for me matey.woohoo I love it.enjoy yours those 'on order' people.right, parts catalogue...seat for her size ass,big bore kit, ooh look at them shiney things.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    yeah they reckon mine was 90-100bhp,had the cams done as well but its such a big lump of iron to shift from zero to not zero init.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by martybabe View Post
    ... an R6 wuda pissed on both but the rider would have needed traction after 20k and his bike would be worth about $200 now.
    OK, this is what gets me. HD owners always go on about how their bikes don't devalue.

Granted, if this is the case, it's because the Motor Company is artificially holding back production so that waiting months for your new HD is accepted practice. If one of the Japanese manufacturers tried that shit on, they'd be out of business in weeks.

However, still, I wonder. Does one really not lose much money on a new HD? They're expensive big lumps at $30-$50K a pop. Is the fact that you can always buy a second-hand HD now, instead of however many months after you pay, the only reason they sell on for close to their original retail price, or am I missing something?

Or is it all bullshit generated by HD's marketing department, and would anyone buying a new HD and expecting it not to depreciate in the usual fashion be in for a rude awakening if they tried to turn it back into cash in a hurry?
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Street Triple R
    my brother in law has one on order as well. I am looking ofrward to blagging a ride. I have never ridden an HD of any sort, so I am of course qualified to have all sorts of opinions about them.....
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information