Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Harley-Davidson fxdf Fat Bob

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    OK, this is what gets me. HD owners always go on about how their bikes don't devalue.

Granted, if this is the case, it's because the Motor Company is artificially holding back production so that waiting months for your new HD is accepted practice. If one of the Japanese manufacturers tried that shit on, they'd be out of business in weeks.

However, still, I wonder. Does one really not lose much money on a new HD? They're expensive big lumps at $30-$50K a pop. Is the fact that you can always buy a second-hand HD now, instead of however many months after you pay, the only reason they sell on for close to their original retail price, or am I missing something?

Or is it all bullshit generated by HD's marketing department, and would anyone buying a new HD and expecting it not to depreciate in the usual fashion be in for a rude awakening if they tried to turn it back into cash in a hurry?
    No it really is true,bought my last one for 9,750 pounds from a dealer in 2004,sold it private with 8,000 miles on it in mid 2007 for 8,900 pounds.Thats 3 years riddin for 850 quid erm about $2000.that is a real good depreciation value,one of the best in the motoring world I should think.I didn't buy a harley because of that but i'd sure as hell buy one another one on the back of it.I've managed to get me claws on a new new model and would expect to be able to sell it next year for roughly what I paid for it,cause you can't get em.Get your hands on a rocker and you could sell it for more than you paid no problem,at least until production catches up next year.better still buy one in the usa at their stupid prices,ride it here for five years,flog it in nz and you'll still get what it cost ya.oh no you got all that import bollocks I guess its the old supply and demand thingy ,how much for a new b-king or v-max,as much as you want till everone can get em
    Oh bugger

Bike
    08 Fat Bob
    Yeah Ive got one ordered,get it next month 5 months earlier than first told.Havnt ridden one but have an 08 dyna custom.wont be to much different,they are having probs with exhaust scraping.its about 35 ml lower than my FXDC

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Looks OK - for a Harley.
    They all look the same anyway.

Bike
    08 Street Bob
    There's an article on the Fatbob in the latest Kiwirider magazine.
    Interesting write-up and if I had the money and the patience to wait a year, I would definitely be buying one.

I guess I'll have to put up with an 08 Superglide in April when we refinance the mortgage.

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGrin View Post
    Interesting write-up and if I had the money and the patience to wait a year, I would definitely be buying one.

I guess I'll have to put up with an 08 Superglide in April when we refinance the mortgage.
    It's not a question of puttin up with it SG, the super is a cracking bike and the bargin of the bunch, you'll love it.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by ratusratus View Post
    yea might do get free membership!!
    I think chancey ment the odd local KB ride. Contry to popular belief we don't bite. Well, everyone but cowboyz...............

Bike
    None Yet hopefully by August 08
    Hey Tropper

Well done. I am looking to get a bike soon and love the look of the fatbob. Most harleys to me a clutterd and cutomised to death. This is the only on ethat really does it for me. Good work. How many coming to nz??

Bike
    2008 Harley Davidson Fat Bob FXDF
    Wellington M/C told me last year that mine was one of a batch of four coming to them. No idea about other dealers.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGrin View Post

I know the bloke that wrote it.

It's on my web site now and a few more pics too.

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I know the bloke that wrote it.
    LOL

you are a laugh Dave :P
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by martybabe View Post
    It's not a question of puttin up with it SG, the super is a cracking bike and the bargin of the bunch, you'll love it.
    I agree - from what I've seen/know they have the best ground-clearance, comfortable over long distances, look good and seem more than fairly priced.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2009 HD Fat Bob
    3rd on the list at ANZA for the '09 allocation, don't know how long the wait will be, but I sure hope it is worth it. Still wanting to see one 'in the flesh'

Bike
    08 Street Bob
    It's funny how things work out. While I was in the shop with the intention of setting up purchasing a SuperGlide, I spied a brand new StreetBob with a nice maroon matte finish and, well, wanted it.

The missus thought it was pretty sexy too, so it looks like Robert is going to be the new addition to the family here.

Just before I go down to shake the dudes hand, I was hoping to get a little feedback from any Bob owners, as test rides can only reveal so much...

Bike
    2000 harley davidson heritage
    KTL motorcycles in Auckland have a shipment of new bikes coming from the states.Container arrives very soon and there is 2 FATBOBS ... No body has there name on them yet ,so give Kerry Jeffs a ring on 021765912 to secure a "first right of refusal".Hes a good guy and supplied /sponsor's Drew and Flame on there racing Ducati 749r's.So he is worth supporting... off topic Not to mention the 848s and the HD Rocker

Bike
    2008 Harley Davidson Fat Bob FXDF

Fat Bob

I picked up my Fat Bob in Wellington on Saturday and rode it home just ahead of the rain - that hasn't stopped since! Great bike!

Thread Information