Thread: Water in engine???

Bike
    2004 Kawasaki KX250F

Question Water in engine???

Blew a hole in clutch cover on my KXF250 (unsure how) while I was out for a ride the other day. Stopped bike as oil was spewing out everywhere. Started fine again but I didn't want to ride it in fear of ceasing the engine. So I had to push the bike through a couple of creeks to get back to car. Got home, removed broken clutch cover and drained remaining oil. Has been sitting in garage for a week. Have since replaced the clutch cover and put new oil in it. Started her up and she blew smoke and really didn't want to sit there and idle.... So I drained the oil again and it was a milky whitish brown colour which leads me to believe there may be water in the engine??? Anyone know how to get this out? Or if this is even the problem?
    Last edited by defi; 13th October 2007 at 16:03. Reason: spelling!!!

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Other than running it a bit to warm it up to dry the water off and then draining the oil again and replacing it, not much else you can do. I've drowned many a dirt bike in the past and it never seemed to do them any lasting harm even if you rode a few hundred kms after the oil got water in it. Howvere I'd say the sooner you replace the oil again the better though.
    Cheers

Merv

Thread Information