Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)

Cool

Ride your own race

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsune View Post
    Well i am crazy so it helps wit my choice of bike, lolz :P
    Haha Kwakka is the only choice if you're a crazy mofo.

Make you you get the scheduled services done on time so you don't void your warranty. There's so many opinions on breaking in bikes. Quick search should bring up heaps of info. If it was mine I'd mix the manufacturer instructions with the "run it in how you plan to ride it" theory.

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan Meanstreak 07 LE

Break in

true that was thinking going with manufactures specs, (under the rev's thay want) then every onece in a while let it reve up about 1grand, as for service stops, i will for sure, unlike my 250 this bike is a definate keeper, will be well looked after

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    The only advice I have is stay on the gas.

At some point in the wet etc shit will happen that hasn't happened to you on a two fiddy.

Stay calm and stay on the gas and you'll be fine. Lowsiding doesn't usually hurt much, and it's the worst case outcome if you just stay on the gas.

Don't forget that advice, or you could end up joining me in the "titanium screws for life" club.

Other than that, awesome choice of bike, dude. You'll love it and it will love you long time.

Trackdays trackdays trackdays!
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    give it heaps! just dont slam it closed when she lights up

they light up..????!!!!! man those thous sound the biz! * i double chuckled when i read that bro!! nice

Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    You sure you've thought this through dude?
    my first thought too Skel*

Quote Originally Posted by saul View Post
    Ride your own race
    and remember.. its not a race 'till someone bins!!!

go easy on her mate, the little twist of that right hand will see you in a WHOLE HEAP of pain.. show her LOTS of respect, its NOT a 250!

ENJOY !

:slap:

Bike

Bike :D

Always have respected /cared for every bike i owned, except for the dirties, however those where not bad bikes, just took the abuse every new rider gives a bike. Anybody here heard anything about that "stomp" stuff ? its meant to help you hold the bike with your legs a bit better by attaching this plastic sticky plastic stuff to the tank/sides. And how about for keeping the finish good whats good stuff whats not ? .

Bike
    sold
    drool drool drool I think i need to wipe my chin

Bike
    nun
    Always have respected /cared for every bike i owned, except for the dirties, however those where not bad bikes, just took the abuse every new rider gives a bike. Anybody here heard anything about that "stomp" stuff ? its meant to help you hold the bike with your legs a bit better by attaching this plastic sticky plastic stuff to the tank/sides. And how about for keeping the finish good whats good stuff whats not ? .
    when i say respect i mean respect for what that bike is capable of doing when the throttle is turned or has been turned.....and understanding how capable you are of controlling that power.

:slap:

Bike

Nice bikes

I quite like the aftermarket pipes u got nicely done bro , is the stock setup okay for learning the bike ? I will get some stomp as it looks good, and makes sense. As for the performance, im leaving that alone for at least 6 - 12mths - im not that insane, however i have got a good idea for my suspension setup now thanks guys, How much for a stomp/olins setup?. Any ides on fuel / oils / chain lubes.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    how is the traction on a bike like that tho? , do i have to worry about the back spinning alot or is it only if i provoke it via over reve ?
    ummm yeah....

Ok, I think I know your mindset (had a mate go through something similar recently). Basically, as much you may think you know how the bike handles/accelerates, unless you haven't told us something... you actually don't.

Since you're getting it anyway, all I can say is, do NOT treat it like the 250. Don't twist the throttle, don't try to race things to prove how fast it is... there will be plenty of time for that in the future. It sounds obvious I know... but I'm amazed by the number that try it, just to see. Try to think back to when you learnt how to ride. You took baby steps, and slowly built up the set of skills. The ZX10 will handle completely differently to the gpx, and then you have to factor in the power.

As for your fantastic question (which really should be nominated for quote of the year) it will spin up in the dry/wet, at varying revs and most gears. It will do it at slow speeds, high speeds and anything in between. Its a thousand cc bike, and if it demonstrates it enough... the 600 aren't much slower, unless you're talking 250+ kph. You simply work a lot harder keeping it in shape.

At least you didn't get the 04/05, the 07 is easier to ride. Please be careful, and be happy to over-estimate what it can do. They have dished out lessons to riders with faaar more experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What are shrimp, meatballs, chicken nuggets, and veggie sticks without dipping sauce recipes? Nothing.
    Note: Each recipe makes a cup and a half of dipping sauce. That's a lot, so you may want to adjust the recipe if you are planning to serve more than one sauce choice.

Seafood Sauce Recipe:
    This sauce pairs perfectly with seafood or any vegetable.

3/4 cup mayonnaise
    3/4 cup catsup
    1 teaspoon garlic granules

Whisk together all ingredients until well combined. Serve chilled. This sauce may be prepared as much as 3 days in advance. Makes 1 1/2 cups.

Dill Dipping Sauce:
    Tasty. Low-cal. Goes with anything.

3 shallots
    1 tablespoon dried dill leaves (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 1/4 cups sour cream
    Pinch of white pepper

Mince the shallots. Combine the shallots with the rest of the ingredients. Chill. This sauce may be prepared up to 5 days in advance. Makes 1 1/2 cups.

Horseradish Sauce Recipe:
    Especially good with beef.

4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 1/4 cups sour cream
    Salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together all ingredients until well blended. Chill. This sauce may be prepared up to 5 days in advance. Makes 1 1/2 cups.

Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce Recipe:
    Especially good with chicken strips

1 cup honey
    1/2 cup Dijon mustard

Combine the honey and mustard. This sauce is best when prepared a day or two ahead of time. It may be served at room temperature. Makes 1 1/2 cups. Click here to go straight to the Chicken Nuggets recipe.

Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe:
    Don't let this recipe's simplicity fool you. It's the best.

1/2 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup white vinegar
    1/2 cup sugar

Combine all ingredients and heat until hot and the sugar has dissolved. Serve warm or at room temperature. This sauce may be prepared a few days in advance and warmed before serving. Makes 1 1/2 cups.

Mint Dipping Sauce Recipe:

1 cup plain yogurt
    1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
    1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
    1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon dry
    2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Chill. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Try this dipping sauce recipe with our Meatball Appetizer Recipe. They were made for each other.

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    ummm yeah....
    Should have got the 04/05, the 07 is easier to ride (yawn).
    + 1

Bike

I hear that

In my defence i have never once jumped on a bike and thought, hay lets see if i can hold the throttle open n see wot happens , well i did once on a 100cc tt , after getting up off the grass and picking up the bike i learnt once and for all never to do that again , i think the best advice i have had so far has been form kiwi fruit, take it slow and respect that i will have 750cc more engine and about twice the weight (if not 3 times). Thanks a bunch for the advice guys. Ps i have had a mate do similar to me , however he went for a modified 750gsx is that a more "safe" choice from a 250 or is just that the 1ltr ninja is a tricky bike 2 handle?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    or is just that the 1ltr ninja is a tricky bike 2 handle?
    *sigh* the things people ask

The point is, its a litre bike. Besides the honda (which is known to be easier to handle), they are still pumping out, what, 150+ rwhp. Your bike is somewhere around 30rwhp I think?

Yes, the ninja is the animal of the group, but yours is tamed a little. I found it heaps easier to ride. The gixxer is the torque monster, the yamahaha is the overpriced pretty boy of the group. Nonetheless, they can all light up (was that mr fruits? lovely ) the rear wheel in the dry.

The key trap a lot fall into, is they don't know how easy it is to go into a corner with far more speed than their experience can handle. It will lift the front over little bumps and crests, it WILL do 150kph+ in first gear. The front brakes are easily powerful enough to lift the arse of the bike off the ground. Basically, a whole of things are very possible on these sorts of bikes, that the gpx is not capable of. With no experience, it is unknown how you will handle them, when they happen, because usually, it happens real fast, and reactions are required to be almost instinctive (indeed, some things are over before you have much chance to do anything about it).

I'm just trying to give you an appreciation of what is possible, as the learner I sold my 250 to lasted roughly 16 days before he hit an oncoming vehicle when he ran wide out of a corner. There is also plenty of time to enjoy the steps if you wish, you don't have to own a thou now... Once you've had one, and ridden it hard... what do you move to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike

True that

I admit its a bit crazy , however i saw the le ninja and i thought i gotta have that , i cant put logic 2 it i just love the look the sound of the bike - for the first few mths ill just keep to the speed limit , part of idea of learning on waiheke is there is nowhere you could conceivable open a bike like that up, unless your ether good , crazy or crazy good . i intend to take her down to the local supermarket after it closes some time soonish , and get a bit of a feel for her, Till then ill keep to the posted limit here (50kph)

Thread Information