Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SV1000S K6 High micron carbon pipes

Bike
    Bikes!
    There's a few templates around for roll your own. Easiest way for lazy people is to take the EPS to a sheet metal shop and have them laser it up and bend it for you. Last one cost me $25, but TBH even that was a little steep considering what it is. First time I made one I made it out of an 4.5mm acrylic, no number plate mount for sexiness, cost me nothing, took less than an hour.

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    The only trouble is I have seen too many otherwise nice bikes ruined by small details like brackets and such with the kiwi DIY in the in shed approach.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Mmmmm... worse still is that Kiwis are starting to think that a change of muffler and a fender chop a modified bike makes

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    I think of it as finishing off the bike. Tidying up all those little details Suzuki skipped to keep costs down. I prefer to spend my free time out riding around on it.

Bike
    00 FXR 150, 07 SV1000S
    I bought an SV1000S 3 weeks ago, out of the box, 3 weeks ago and the registration ticket holder fell out due to the plate cracking from vibration, has anyone else had this? and where do you put your ticket now?

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I bought an SV1000S 3 weeks ago, out of the box, 3 weeks ago and the registration ticket holder fell out due to the plate cracking from vibration, has anyone else had this? and where do you put your ticket now?
    On our bikes, we just use the double sided tape they supply at the rego places, and stick the rego to the swingarm. SV's are known for cracking number plates, when the metal rego holders are bolted to the plate
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Not on the SV, but my ZX6R sure did. I cut out a piece of sheet metal the same size as the plate, and glued it to the plate with RTV before riveting them together for good luck. If I'd have left it much longer, it would've vibrated off the bike entirely!

Thread Information