Thread: Sulphur City

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries

Sulphur City

is anyone going to this?
    the mormon few may attend..then head up to auckland to the KB b'day!

Bike
    2007 XB12R. 2000 M900S
    in like a robbers dog, been waiting for this thread.
    keen to travel.
    may be heading down with a few but interested in options.

Bike
    Crashed it.
    I went this year against my instinct and it was a bit of a dead loss. I hadn't been to this rally since '03 and I probably won't bother from now on. The day was disorganised, the 'entertainment' disjointed and the 'band' sucked ass. Catering was virtually non-existant unless you wanted a warmed precooked sausage on a piece of bread for $3. There was a hangi in tin trays and one of my mates got one and was largely unimpressed. Very much a Hardly Ferguson affair, which to be honest it probably always was.

To top it off the SCMCC gave the 'dyno' prize to their mate on the 2nd place Hayabusa with 315 or 319, not my mate whose ZX12R did 324. Pretty piss poor show really. Hardly worth making a fuss over (there was fuck all worth having in the prize bags anyway judging by the looks on some of the faces) but just not cricket.

The only redeeming feature of the event is we stayed in Rotorua and got to return to soak in the thermal pool and ate prime eye fillet at 'Mac's Steakhouse' (Friday) and a banquet at the 'Indian Star' (Saturday).
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awful-truth View Post
    I went this year against my instinct and it was a bit of a dead loss. I hadn't been to this rally since '03 and I probably won't bother from now on. The day was disorganised, the 'entertainment' disjointed and the 'band' sucked ass. Catering was virtually non-existant unless you wanted a warmed precooked sausage on a piece of bread for $3. There was a hangi in tin trays and one of my mates got one and was largely unimpressed. Very much a Hardly Ferguson affair, which to be honest it probably always was.

To top it off the SCMCC gave the 'dyno' prize to their mate on the 2nd place Hayabusa with 315 or 319, not my mate whose ZX12R did 324. Pretty piss poor show really. Hardly worth making a fuss over (there was fuck all worth having in the prize bags anyway judging by the looks on some of the faces) but just not cricket.

The only redeeming feature of the event is we stayed in Rotorua and got to return to soak in the thermal pool and ate prime eye fillet at 'Mac's Steakhouse' (Friday) and a banquet at the 'Indian Star' (Saturday).
    Sounds like a right Royal Balls Up all round.
    Used to enjoy some of the Aussie gigs, (Bindoon, some of the Sydney shows), but to be honest, besides the Black Duck, and CK, the Nth Island is shocking at putting on a bike show.

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Yeah. Not even a wet t-shirt competition (at least not up until we left at about 8:00pm anyway - couldn't see either of the decent women being terribly keen on getting their chests wet in that cold wind)
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. Not even a wet t-shirt competition (at least not up until we left at about 8:00pm anyway - couldn't see either of the decent women being terribly keen on getting their chests wet in that cold wind)
    we got bored and did street drags on the road around the back..
    i almost flipped the 6!

Bike
    03 Suzuki VS800 Marauder
    {HERE - HERE} HI guys we rode from Pahiatua and did not even got a badge for the distance traveled looking forwared to seeing you at cold kiwi or the duck NJ

Bike
    gsxr 1100r
    wet t allways happin after dark you shod no that.........if youve bean around at these things.....
    it may be a big bike but i know whos legs its been between

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by krash69 View Post
    wet t allways happin after dark you shod no that.........if youve bean around at these things.....
    Not at the previous the two I've been to - broad daylight. And that was when they were February affairs.

Bike
    Crashed it.
    UPDATE: To cut a long story short (well, not quite as long anyway)... someone complained to the Sulpur City about the cock-up with the prize, the Club asked him if he had a name or number of the real winner (my mate), he complainant had photos and traced my mate through the bike rego, rang his home, got his cell number, tried his cell but it was flat, rang his home again and got his work number, rang his work number and it was the same company he works for just a different branch. He passed the contact details onto the Club and nothing has been heard since. Seems like they were just paying lip service to righting the wrong - gee what a surprise. I hope their mate enjoyed whatever pieces of crap he wrongly 'won' - talk about a hollow victory...

Thread Information