Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pilot Road 2 for The Concours 14?

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    I think that'll definitely be a combination I try at some stage.

Bike
    2006 honda ST1300

strada over z6

Quote Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
    May I suggest the Strada's.

I am using PR2's on the Bird atm, and compare with the Strada. They do not turn in as fast, as they require more lean before reaching the curved part of the tire. So you can say they are fat in the middle and hence more rubber to burn.

On my last set of Strada they lasted over 10'000k and still have a 1/3~1/4 tread left. I would think the PR2's would last longer, but the Strada's are more sporty and warm up quicker.

So Strada is next for me on the Bird.

same for me too.
    i had z6s on my fjr and found that they let go when i get the pegs down,
    i changed to the strada for the rear and have had no slipage at all with the pegs down.
    Remember, when somone annoys you that it takes 42 muscles to frown,...
    it only takes 4 to muscles to extend your arm and bitchslap the f#%#er upside the head

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    I attach a photograph of what the rear tyre on the K1200RS looked like after less than a thousand km since new (bit of a pootle around the central NI, plus a Coromandel loop). Complete disintegration.
    That's some fucked up, repugnant shit.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    As mentioned in another thread, I am disappointed with the performance of my front PR2. After nearly 11,000km the rear is still OK and looking good for a few more 1,000km yet, but the front is getting pretty shagged -- the first time ever I've had a matched pair where the front has given in before its mate behind. The front only has a few hundred km on it. The right-hand side is badly chiseled. And I am scrupulous about pressures.

I had already made the decision to go back to Storms at the next change. This latest occurrence merely reinforces that.
    I think this has to do with the softer sides on both the fr and rear on the PR2's seems that is what happens when you have soft compounds.... u trade performance for tire life
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    Concours 14
    So after all that my front tyre is the first to be needing repalcement so I will replace it after the Forgotten highway on Saturday
    Going to put Storms on at this stage but am a little concerned about the wobble that some are getting from them at low speeds

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    what would people recommend i run on the 919 ? PR2's or strada's ? ive got Pilot Sport on the rear and Strada on the front at the moment, which seems to be a really good combo in terms of mileage and stability,turn-in etc .But im not sure if i want to run a strada on the rear as the past 2 times ive found they puncture really,really easy what are peoples views on avon's and metz?

Bike
    Concours 14
    Got my new tyres today, ended up buying a set of Avon Storms
    Brought them from Bay City Motor cycles. Ordered them on Tuesday they turned up this morning They saved me quite a bit of money Thanks DMTD for recomending BCM and thanks Hitcher for the help in the decision making
    Gonna put at least the front one on monday maybe both ill see what the rear looks like after the week end
    Cant praise BCM enough for thier prompt service and dam good tyre pricing Ill be buying off them again, worth a call if your in the market for rubber
    Ill keep you posted on how they handle and wear

Bike
    1987 Nifty 50
    I'm just so stoked that the tyres named after me are held in such high esteem
    "Not one day that we are here on this earth has been promised to us, so make the most of every day as if it was your last, and every breath ,as if it were the same"

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I'm just so stoked that the tyres named after me are held in such high esteem
    Does it make up for bikers cursing the weather pattern named after you?

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet250Boy View Post
    what would people recommend i run on the 919 ? PR2's or strada's ? ive got Pilot Sport on the rear and Strada on the front at the moment, which seems to be a really good combo in terms of mileage and stability,turn-in etc .But im not sure if i want to run a strada on the rear as the past 2 times ive found they puncture really,really easy what are peoples views on avon's and metz?
    I have a 919 and a CBR1100XX atm, they used to be both on Strada's. And I have given the PR2 a try on both of them. But I think next time it will be Strada's again, as they give a nicer ride and also more sporty handling. Because the Strada's are more rounded, where as the PR2's are fat in the middle and steepen quickly in the sides.

I haven't had a puncture on the Stradas or the PR2's for that matter. Perhaps is where you ride your bike? or the local tradesmen has a hole in his nail box?
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
    I think this has to do with the softer sides on both the fr and rear on the PR2's seems that is what happens when you have soft compounds.... u trade performance for tire life
    PR 2 fronts use a harder compound on the sides than in the middle of the tread

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    I'll post a photo of my PR2 front that belies that claim.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    I'll post a photo of my PR2 front that belies that claim.
    Got the spec's at home, will look tonight.

From memory, P Power fronts are medium soft on centre and soft on the sides, not sure about PR's.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    1979 Kawasaki Z1300
    I have a Bridgestone Battlax BT45 (dual compound) on the rear and a Metzeler Lasertec on the front, it handles incredibly well for a hippo.

The tyres have done just over 7,000 km and the Bridgestone has about 2,5mm left while the Metzeler is completely shagged. Iv never had a scary moment on them but this time Im going to try Bridgestone on the front and rear.

Bike
    Concours 14
    Quote Originally Posted by classic zed View Post
    I have a Bridgestone Battlax BT45 (dual compound) on the rear and a Metzeler Lasertec on the front, it handles incredibly well for a hippo.

The tyres have done just over 7,000 km and the Bridgestone has about 2,5mm left while the Metzeler is completely shagged. Iv never had a scary moment on them but this time Im going to try Bridgestone on the front and rear.
    Yea i had Bridgestones on the mean streak and loved them, not keen on the ones that came on the concours

Thread Information