Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter ride organization (Tentative ride details posted)

Bike
    Whatever I beg/borrow
    BP at the top of the Bombays - LARGE parking area there 'cos of the trucks, plus we get to take in the whole of the southern motorway.

Certainly get a few looks covering that kinda distance...
    At the 2007 Westpac Ride:

Donor: So ya glad you're a Biker?

Minnie: F**k yeah!

Bike
    2002 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    I think the transit office would be cool, or the pig house in albany on the shore - lots of parking there.
    Yup plenty of space at the park n ride next to the cop shop on Constellation drive.

Bike
    1999 Honda CBR 600 FX
    Why not start and end with the cheesecutters/wires?
    The "wires" start north of Huntly, so if you start it about the same place it will give the bikers around Hamiltom a chance to be involved.
    Where do they end on the northern motorway? Orewa?

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago
    Quote Originally Posted by Donor View Post
    BP at the top of the Bombays - LARGE parking area there 'cos of the trucks, plus we get to take in the whole of the southern motorway.

Certainly get a few looks covering that kinda distance...

Or Karaka (sp) Horse stud yards........
    that place is used by bikes as well on fundraiser rides.

It can hold hundreds of bikes too...... just need to get their permission.... and as long as they arent using the place to sell horses that day. Dont want to upset the thoroughbred horses etc.

End up at Aotea Square......(lots of room to aprk there and on the roadside) or up over the harbour bridge at AUT - huge carpark there too.

Need permission from AK city council for Aotea Square.

Bike
    GSF250
    Sorry I cant organise the Welly Rally as I dont know the welly region too well and I am not over that way too often, BUT I will be there and will support/help as best I can whomever does decide to organise it.
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    The last protest run I did was back in 1993 run by BRONZ 10,000 bikers on parliments doorstep... (was protest against the raising of ACC levey's which would have increased the rego for ride 300%) Bikers from all round NZ came to that... I rode down from Napier...

If you want something to happen and make them listen... got to Wellington and make it happen. Get BRONZ, and the various bike clubs involved they usually have a voice and contacts with councils, and land transport etc, approch the papers and media pointing out the dangers see if the are will to do a 60min 20/20 story, and start a petition... http://www.ipetitions.com/start-petition/

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    Flyers
    I can help with the design of these, and their distribution.

Campaign website
    Again, if one is required, I can create one with the function to run an online petition.

Ride
    I'll be there. I have also emailed National List MP Dr Jackie Blue (I was on her campaign team last election) to see if she would like to attend the protest ride. The 'Dr' in her name is not a PhD - she's a medical doctor and so will have some idea of the injuries sustained.

Please let me know if any help is required.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanx View Post
    Flyers
    I can help with the design of these, and their distribution.

Campaign website
    Again, if one is required, I can create one with the function to run an online petition.

Please let me know if any help is required.
    ditto... I can help there as well...

Bike
    XJR
    It sounds as if theremay be a Welly?Auckland split here.
    Myself, I'll go where the bigger impact is made as both are the sameish ride for me, and for that I'll wait on updates. But people, please get a concerted effort to at least one of them. And with the timing, could I suggest a rushhour crawling departure time?
    Having seen fuel, protests collapse in UK before we arrived here, I'd just like to say that a united front and gross inconvenience in one town town has more impact than numerous small events.
    Also, if you have press contacts, warn them off now. Get them there.

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87
    U guys have something going here... I will definately b there and will try and round up as many people as I can. I spoke to a police officer recently and he told me they were already looking into modifying it.
    Firestarter Racing on facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirestarterRacing

Racing thanks to:

www.fluidcoatings.co.nz
    www.motostyle.co.nz
    MAXIMA racing Oils
    www.projectdigital.co.nz
    METZELER Tires
    New Plymouth Motorcycle Center
    www.topstitch.co.nz/

Bike
    Big f'n yellow one!

Just a suggestion!

Come up the Southern Motorway and off at Hobson St (is that the big one way downtown or is it Nelson St) and then come back up Queen Street, turn left on K'Rd over the Grafton Bridge and end it at the Musuem!

Government wont like Tourist being involved, as the parking is normally used for tourist buses. The publicity of 1000+ bikes rolling up Queen Street would be massive...

I don't mind helping in anyway 021 520 639, lets get these things safe!

Got a few mates that would be keen to follow or lead in cars - they would happily toot away to draw more attention!
    Last edited by The Joka; 24th October 2007 at 20:13. Reason: bottom line

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Lloyd Elsmore Park would be a good place to start. It links straight off Pakuranga Highway and has a pretty straight run to the motorway. Main appeal is that a few thousand bikes could be fit into the park. Only concern might be weekend sports/parents using the car parkings...
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    I think the central city would be best. A mass of bikers moving down queen street is bound to gain plenty of attention. The museum would make a good final destination.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    Just thinking ... should we publically refer to the wire rope barriers as 'cheesecutters'. We know what we're talking about, but the general public will probably not. Even my father (a biker in the UK for more years than I've been alive) didn't immediately understand what I meant by 'cheesecutter barriers'. 'Wire-rope barriers' might be a better term to use in campaign literature; especially signs, stickers, etc. that have only enough room for a few words. The public will understand that term, and its significance.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Would the Puke raceway be a good place to start?

Would they be keen?

Is it too far out of the way?
    Drury weigh bridge might be better , there is plenty of parking space & is right next to the m'way.
    don't seem to use it much on a saturday
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Thread Information