Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter ride organization (Tentative ride details posted)

Bike
    Big f'n yellow one!

Start point

Could start a Pokeno Shops.

At the start of the motorway farside of the Bombays.

With the petrol station and the place that does those fantastic Bacon sandwiches.

Their is loads of parking with a Pub that wont be in use at that time. A truck stop, Petrol station and a small shopping mall.

Would be a clean run with loads of space for so many bikes.. Less likelyhood of a whoopsie daisy!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Only concern might be weekend sports/parents using the car parkings...
    Its generally heavily used on the weekend. Also, not an easy place to get to, for a start, for people coming from the south. SE Highway onramp also takes you too close to the city before you're on the motorway I reckon?

Somewhere south of auckland, north of huntly is the best bet I reckon (plenty of places have been suggested). The impact of all the bikes on the motorway for so long would definitely be noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy

Reverse engineer it

Whittle down what is needed of the start/route and finish and go from there. Start is easy, needs to hold enough bikers and be near the start of the chosen route, accessable from all directions. Route, the more public the better, using areas that are kids sprts field parking etc tho may just get people pissed off and that won't help the cause. Finish of the route and the meeting point should be media friendly and condusive to inviting some traffic industry people to comment and lend weight. ie, expert Bob makes their statement with a backdrop of 1000+ bikes. Lends itself to a soundbite with impact. SO... in the public eye not in their face and I recon key known players from a number of industries will make or brake it. People are inherantly selfish and that can be appealed to (I know your not, me neither , but those other people are). Some bases to cover would be financial, ACC covering the cost of the barriers in terms of deaths and greater injury affecting all our taxes etc. Personal, parents who are tidy and TV friendly who may have lost children or partners who have lost someone to relate to voting age non-riders.

just throwing things out/brainstorming. these aren't in any specific format.
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    Too many to count
    maybe we could all end up at aotea square? plenty of room in there, or is there something on there on a saturday?

maybe if we all invade albert park..... nah the domain sounds better.

what we could do is park in all the car parks. perfectly legal and reminds all the cagers that us bikers are doing them a favour - well no many will be too thick to get the point

Bike
    FOR SALE
    the wikato express way has them as well so mercer or any where for that mater .an all out atack on welly is pobobly more afective in the long run that 93 run was pritty impresive now there are more bikes nation wide the impact would be ten fold.on a local note if you start to far away from the city it gives the copps time to get us of the road and in to a controled area miles from the objective
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Bike
    87 CBR 600
    Just a thought... Sounds as though you are going to need people to stop traffic at light changes and intersections to keep the bikes together as a group... As you were..
    Swinging - My new found passion. It Rocks!.. And rolls! I want MORE!

Bike
    2006 Honda VTX 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    maybe we could all end up at aotea square? plenty of room in there, or is there something on there on a saturday?
    I think there is a market day in Aotea square on Saturdays so parking could be a problem
    Im not as good as I ones was
    But Im as good ones as I ever was

Bike
    2003,Suzuki and Gz250
    Man I would love to join in the protest

Still saving up for me bike...... but I am very sad about what happened to DAN

If you get ur protest on Youtube and anything else internet, its more likely to get coverage INTERNATIONALLY

Lets use our international contacts to get the GLobal focus on this problem...

1000 nz bikers is great but if we can get 10000 international riders to send it petitions would be even more powerful. I am sure you guys will have contacts with global riders.

Add me if you wanna ride with me in west aucks.
    red123nz@hotmail.com

My Progress Thread
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...36#post1100036

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanx View Post
    Flyers
    I can help with the design of these, and their distribution.
    I'm happy to spend some time rubberbanding these to bikes parked around the Welly CBD.

Ayone hazzard a guesstimate on how long the protest is likely to go for? I might not be able to make the start/end depending on the time of my Softball game but will definitely make the effort to be there if I can
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    As of this morning I have spoken to a couple of Hutt bike shops down here. Will be out talking to Wgtn bike shops this arvo. Because of the drags out at Masterton on Saturday the 3rd and a lot of people work on Saturday's, it has been suggested that the ride be held on Sunday the 11th. I will put a thread up shortly about it.
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Lot's of people have sports on Saturdays - I'd definitely be there if it was changed to Sunday.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joka View Post
    Government wont like Tourist being involved, as the parking is normally used for tourist buses. The publicity of 1000+ bikes rolling up Queen Street would be massive...
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    Maybe we could all stop ON the harbour bridge? Just for a good 5 min - good photo op for the papers / news.
    How about both?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

actually thats not a bad idea, kill 2 birds with one stone.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    S1000RR
    They are both near togehter so it might work

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S
    except that we are coming from south, so go over the bridge twice????

turn around where? stop going which direction?

might be a way to have the westies and northern crew to meet.

like 3 big groups, meeting north of the bridge to stop on the bridge enmass, to then go on to the museum perhaps?
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Thread Information