Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter ride organization (Tentative ride details posted)

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    It needs to be visually spectacular for TV/the papers or it won't get on. How many big stories don't get covered these days cos something more visually entertaining got shot? And I really think the idea needs to not piss people off. Blocking roads etc won't make many friends.

What about stopping on the sides of the road where there's room and also WRB's holding a small white cross each? Lots of cars going by seeing easily recognised symbols (crosses for road death) and will wonder what its all about. Then we go on to parking area's with the right spokes people and the publics curiosity will be addressed through the media. Won't piss people off, will attract media, will put us in a position to get maximum exposure?

edit, by road I meant motorway, mercer carriageway etc
    Last edited by Pancakes; 25th October 2007 at 13:16. Reason: to clarify.
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    Drury weigh bridge might be better , there is plenty of parking space & is right next to the m'way.
    I vote for starting at Drury weigh bridge. It also has some sports fields next to it for extra space.

I would also suggest riding past the 'Cutters where Dan had his accident at 70km/h to indicate the minimum unsafe speed and then get off the m/way at Manukau and go to the Events Center. Minimum non-mway impact, but enough of a distance at 70km/h to be noticed.
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    2003 Honda CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Lloyd Elsmore Park would be a good place to start. It links straight off Pakuranga Highway and has a pretty straight run to the motorway. Main appeal is that a few thousand bikes could be fit into the park. Only concern might be weekend sports/parents using the car parkings...
    I agree this is a very large park and would be good for the starting point, soccer season is over, only cricketers would be on the grounds i think? that is a huuuuuge parking area. It's the one opposite the netball courts by the Howick Little Theatre (The entrance closest to Pakuranga College if you want to look it up on a map.
    /\ Ice_Monsta /\
    Two Wheels since '07

Bike
    Vespa GT200, LML Vespa 130, Honda NXR125
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
    Some of the things we need help with in organizing this ride. If you are able to help, please let us know.

Ride destination:
    The route will be north bound along the southern motorway, but we need a place to finish the ride that has the space for all the bikes to park and riders to congregate.
    Is there a start point organised yet? BP Bombay has a truck stop out the back of the forecourt which would hold heaps and a possible finish point might be AIT as per Westpac Run. Just my 2c.

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    I think there is a market day in Aotea square on Saturdays so parking could be a problem
    'Every Friday and Saturday from 10.00am to 6.00pm'.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    BMW RC 1200
    Love the idea of stopping on the bridge, but agree we wont make many friends (do we have any anyway I wonder?).
    Queen Street, maximum impact on a Sat morning, got to be the way to go to get best coverage for the cause. Please don't change to Sunday, no one will give a damn what we do.
    So my vote is Queen Street around mid day on Sat. Across the bridge and end somewhere public.
    Have we got a starting place yet?

Bike
    BMW RC 1200
    AND...
    Does anyone know if we will be classed as terrorists for doing this?
    AND...
    Who will counsel the Harley riders after the ride if they have to ride with the rest of us? Could be traumatic for them.

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    I don't like the idea of stopping on the bridge. This ride is for the removal of those bloody barriers in the name of safety. Stopping on the bridge could be rather hazardous, sending out the wrong message.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S
    Quote Originally Posted by Magua View Post
    Stopping on the bridge could be rather hazardous, sending out the wrong message.
    Agreed 7890
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Bike
    None
    Well whatever we do end up doing, be sure to give the media a heads up about our plans

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S
    Would like an organiser to make a final call on start point at least, so we can print some stuff out and make it known to non KB bikers.
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Magua View Post
    I don't like the idea of stopping on the bridge. This ride is for the removal of those bloody barriers in the name of safety. Stopping on the bridge could be rather hazardous, sending out the wrong message.
    I agree, its a total wanky idea.....

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ozzie
    Would like an organiser to make a final call on start point at least, so we can print some stuff out and make it known to non KB bikers.

Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Same......
    And me too.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Can anyone tell me what this empty space is next to the carpark and is it fenced off?

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-...&t=k&z=18&om=1

Bike
    750 auw
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
    Can anyone tell me what this empty space is next to the carpark and is it fenced off?

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-...&t=k&z=18&om=1
    Looks like carlaw park

Thread Information