Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter campaign

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    cheers, yt! let me know the details when things are set in concrete.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Quote Originally Posted by xgnr View Post
    The BRONZ "ride to work" poster has been great
    Stu
    Yes please for a flyer / poster, I'll print a bunch and take them around the local bike shops, and post them up all over the place.

Edit: suggest 2 - one for the ride and a general one to convey the message.

Bike
    Thinking
    All great stuff people, just a couple of things we want

Maximum numbers, especially in Auckland, this is a media game, we have to show them NUMBERS, so the more we can get into Auckland the better, so regional is good but not to regional ie if youre in Hamilton TGA , go to Auckland etc.

We need to also indicate firmly that we are not Hoons, we are people, mums Dads Sons Daughters and grandparents................. we are New Zealanders and we do not deserve to be cut into bits if we or someone else makes a mistake on the road.

Great stuff, lets get the thing working and lets show we are a force to be respected
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    1995 suzuki bandit v
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    ill join either welly or hb, doesnt matter which. if they are held on different days, ill do both. duration depending, will need a bed somewhere for the night.

also willing to have a sign tied on the back providing it doesnt block or cover the essentials.
    im keen as to m8 and im sure i could drum up a few more wangus riders to

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    Sorry to fragment things; but a weekday would be better for impact down here. Parliament sits on the 6,7 and 8th of November.

But I also understand it will be harder to attract people on a weekday.

I suggest the 7th of November. I suggest the courtyard in front of the museum at 12:15. Leave 12:30, make our way to Courtnay Place, up Dixon St, onto Willis, down Lampton Quay and into Parliament. *Thousands* would see us then. Parliament begins session at 2pm. This way many can fit it into their lunch break so they have the least excuses for not coming.

I don't want to annoy anyone, but few are going to see us if we do it on a Saturday. And no politicians will have to see us.

I think someone has to approach the office of the Speaker to get permission to do stuff on Parliament grounds like this. Otherwise we risk being chucked out. I am happy to do this.

EDIT:I don't think this is a good idea any more. I now think that a weekend tour of the regions worst installations of cheese cutters would be a better idea. A unified nationwide protest will get more media attention.

I think save the ride to parliament for the delivery of the petition.
    Last edited by limbimtimwim; 25th October 2007 at 05:12. Reason: Cos I slept on it.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by illusivemenace View Post
    im keen as to m8 and im sure i could drum up a few more wangus riders to
    im gonna try and get the local trumpy club in behind as well... i think they are having their monthly ride this sunday, so might stop there before heading to levin, see if i can drum em up somewhat.

id like posters as well, i can print as many as needed, and then leave them with the triumph club to hand out during their ride. could also maybe hand them out at work to bikes who stop in that arent local as well.

illusive... come into the bp over springvale tomorrow between 3 and 7pm. would like to put a face to the name [im the chick that gets mistaken for a guy most of the time, lol.]

limbim... for the welly one, is the museum you mention te papa?

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    ilimbim... for the welly one, is the museum you mention te papa?
    Yes, space for hundreds out front.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by limbimtimwim View Post
    Yes, space for hundreds out front.
    cheers... te papa, i can find without getting too badly lost, lmfao.

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    3rd nov suits for a welly run .. week later will be on the gissy ride ..

mid week is not do-able however for maximum impact at beehive it would be better to be a weekday .. however national coverage on a weekend will still get exposure
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
    Yes please for a flyer / poster, I'll print a bunch and take them around the local bike shops, and post them up all over the place.

Edit: suggest 2 - one for the ride and a general one to convey the message.
    +1 for a poster and/or flyer. There must be at least 20 bikes/scooters that park at work who may or may not be KB members but could be keen if they knew about it.

I'd be keen to place flyers on their bikes and on noticeboards around the place (if someone doesn't beat me to it).

Bike
    None any more
    These rallies are potentially going to be a major media events. It may pay to have a spokesperson/people prepped with soundbites and a few key messages about the campaign. Media will not only be interested in pictures of bikers en masse, they will also be after comments and personal experiences. It would be useful to make the media's jobs easier by having these lined up in advance, rather than having them wander round searching for useful comments.

Just some thoughts...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    in, on, and with it any way shape or form i can

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S
    Do we have a confirmed start place yet?

There are a number of bikes parked at work, will do a quik note to leave on each bike to advise them of the plan, where / when, and refer to here for more detail.
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Bike
    the one and only Gixer 1000
    Guys /girls, as much as i belive in this cause , and i want to play my part, i believe we are pushing shit uphill, a simple bike ride in protest aint gonna do it folks, it will all be forgotten about in a few days/weeks, whomever the organisers (spank,quasi ,Draco etc )you will have to come up with a long drawn out contigency plan to make people notice and to finnaly have some action taken by "the powers to be"
    Like you i believe they need to be removed/replaced/modified etc, but it aint gonna happen with a "ride"!!

sorry" my two cents" and happy to play my part in further planning!!

Thread Information