Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter campaign

Bike
    Thinking

Cheesecutter campaign

Hi Everyone.

This is a explaination as to where we are at with the Campaign for the removal or modification of the Wire Barrier lane dividers known as Cheescutters.

Firstly some of the people that are involved with getting this underway (so you know who to contact) are

Spankme
    Draco
    Ixion
    Zapf
    Death
    Quasievil

to date we (the above) have had a meeting to get things started. It needs to be said that we would like EVERYONE thats YOU to get right behind this campaign for the improvement of our safety on our roads.

We are doing the following.

1/ Organising a Protest ride (Saturday 3rd November)

Please look up the related threads and get involved.
    This will involve the media such as TV3, and the Herald.
    We need regional protests also, if anyone in Wellington and Christchurch is willing that would help alot to get the message through.

2/ Creating a specific website for a online petition and wording the petition
    (thanks Hitcher)

This will be up shortly

3/ Directly contacting those with some clout, such as the Police, the Roading authorities, Local MP's, Local Councils and other Motorcycle clubs and organisations.

If you can help in this please do so, contact everyone and anyone in your community to tell them about the event, the petition and even invite them to the protest ride.

We will advise you as things develop but for now PLEASE PLEASE HELP us make the CHEESECUTTER PROTEST RIDE HUGE !!
    this will work only if we have Numbers, thats bums on bikes in cars in trucks (whatever) we want people to get to this event to make a BIG statement !!

Please do everything possible to enable this to work, we have the Media already we must now have you.

if you have any ideas, or wish to contribute please contact anyone of the people above or discuss it below

Thanks
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Triple Delight
    I am 200% behind any attempt to get these lethal things made safe or removed ASAP. A couple of thoughts I have had, there are a number of threads on here at the moment, some useful links to the protest ride thread on them would be good as I see some posting on other threads they will come, but have not registered. I will change my signature and include a link to the protest ride thread, maybe others can do the same?

A handy list of suitable people to e-mail/write to/phone would also be helpful.
    Last edited by Mom; 24th October 2007 at 16:46. Reason: spell check for dummies operating
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    I agree. This is an issue that needs huge support. Can anyone help with a Wellington ride?
    I'm a little reluctant to just go off half cocked and offer to organise a ride as I'd hate to stuff it up or have it only half done. I can contact some people (clubs shops etc) this week to gauge support or help... Anyone want to tell me what to say etc..?
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    I agree. This is an issue that needs huge support. Can anyone help with a Wellington ride?
    I'm a little reluctant to just go off half cocked and offer to organise a ride as I'd hate to stuff it up or have it only half done. I can contact some people (clubs shops etc) this week to gauge support or help... Anyone want to tell me what to say etc..?
    You know the issue big fella of cake baking prowess.......you know the Welly area. Find a starting point a bit out of town to gather, and choose a finishing point.......shit no, I will choose that......Beehive front lawn!

Peaceful, respectful ride of bikes making a point. As for what to say....point them here. Go on Col you know you can!
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    '87 VTZ250 & '72 CB175
    Is there going to be any action in Christchurch?
    Wear QUASiMOTO !

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S
    An idea on what we can do, so it is a unified well timed front is http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59344.

As for contacts, the stuff I did at the time of the safe as stuff gave me a few contacts, Ixion has most of them as well, but will dig them up, just let who to PM them to (seriously busy with upgrades at work for the next couple of days, so can't do it myself).

I have my kids that weekend, but will endeavour to get a sitter and come on my bike, otherwise, I have a toyota twin cab ute, which might go well as TEC with a big fuck off sign on the back of it.

Thoughts?
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    I have a toyota twin cab ute, which might go well as TEC with a big fuck off sign on the back of it.

Thoughts?
    Sounds mighty fine to me! I was talking about signs today, all of the riders wearing a netball type bib, with the recognised red circle with bar through a cheesecutter on it.....anyone else think that is a good idea?
    Nonono,

Bike
    2017 Low Rider S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Sounds mighty fine to me! I was talking about signs today, all of the riders wearing a netball type bib, with the recognised red circle with bar through a cheesecutter on it.....anyone else think that is a good idea?
    For the Ute, there are possibly positions for 2, top one over the cab "WARNING - Cheese Ahead!" bottom, over the tail gate "R.I.P up the Cheese Cutters, not Motorcyclists"
    Life is a like a box of chocolates; People are like Onions; The key to success is.......

Fuck it, let's ride!

Bike
    2006 Yamaha FJR 1300A aka Fat Jandal

A poster that we can email??

The BRONZ "ride to work" poster has been great... emailed to a number of folk and they print it out and it ends up on the work notice board.

I have the graphic design skills of my cat so ....

Happy to help out in any other way.

cheers

Stu
    Next event...

Aussie - Melbourne - Perth - Darwin - Alice - Melbourne... April-May 2011

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Why not add celebrities (sp) to the mix? Tawera Nikau, Ewan Gilmore... i'm sure there are more out there that ride as well.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    The Wellington ride may be a week later than the Auckland one.. I dunno.. I think that having as great a number of motorcyclists there as possible is the idea and I'd have to liaise with other rider organisations to get the word out there - Especially to end at Parliament. Does this mean that there has to be permits and stuff?
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    I suggest that every group has a cage as TEC for these rides for safety's sake.

Cover it with signage, go to your local signwriter and ask for some corflute, which you can paint up with an appropriate message.

Remember that we need people on our side, we don't want to piss them off.

SM, Mstrs is happy to be the organiser for a HB protest, and has started a thread for this purpose. Local media also contacted.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    ill join either welly or hb, doesnt matter which. if they are held on different days, ill do both. duration depending, will need a bed somewhere for the night.

also willing to have a sign tied on the back providing it doesnt block or cover the essentials.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    ill join either welly or hb, doesnt matter which. if they are held on different days, ill do both. duration depending, will need a bed somewhere for the night.

also willing to have a sign tied on the back providing it doesnt block or cover the essentials.
    Bed available (and booked) here, sunhuntin.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Thread Information