Thread: does anyone elses parents want to ride with them??

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol

does anyone elses parents want to ride with them??

dad just got a sv650 and plans to ride with me.

i was going to sugest a parent/son/daughter ride one day with those of us whos parents want to ride with us lol. it should be fun.

anyone keen?
    "the fish is talking!!"....
    'but is he saying anything??.... no.. not realy'

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by 2strokegirl View Post
    dad just got a sv650 and plans to ride with me.

i was going to sugest a parent/son/daughter ride one day with those of us whos parents want to ride with us lol. it should be fun.

anyone keen?
    we have a number of parents and "kids" riding together down here ... its always great to see ...

Bike
    18 Street Triple RS, 18 Aprilia Tuono RR
    Don't ride with my son any more, little bastard is too fast!

Any how he lives in the wrong island at the moment.

Bike
    2021 DR650SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusti View Post
    Don't ride with my son any more, little bastard is too fast!

Any how he lives in the wrong island at the moment.
    I used to take a ride out with my old man in my twenties. He now lives in Thailand, and I'm down here. At the time I found him a bit slow (and I was a bit of a dick about it as it happens) but I've slowed down a bit since then. And having effectively been away from bikes for a while (read: just not been riding because I'm too lazy, too busy, whatever) I can now appreciate how it feels to come back to a 750 and think "shit, how was I ever sharp enough to do this safely?"

He's coming over some time next year for a tour -- we'll probably be more even matched now -- and we're both looking forward to it.

Bike
    Too many to count
    i invite my dad on group rides occasionally.... he's a fair bit slower, but has fun at the back nonetheless

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    My dad finally got himself a bike again, after giving it up for 20 odd years...

As I pretty much grew up pillioning on his bike, now I wish we were in the same country to ride together.

It would just be so awesome to share that with him. He taught me so much about bikes, and I owe him my love of riding.

Oh shizer, I'm getting all sentimental now...

To anyone out there considering riding with their folks: do it! I don't want to be glum, but you never know how long either of you have on this planet. It'd be an absolute shame to look back and think: "Damn, I wish I'd done that with them..."

Anyway, that was my two cents...off to email my dad now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Me and motogirl often ride with her dad, he is local uylsses club president, and we been riding with the uylsses club on there rides for as long as we had bikes.

at one stage, there was me, motogirl, her sister, her partner, her mother, her father. and we all rode bikes, and often all rode together.

That would sooooooooooo cool.

My father always wanted to learn to ride and was always puttering around my bike... with a big smile on his face, and used to pillion with me once in a while... but he never got the hang of riding, it sort of intimidated him a way.

Now that he has passed away, I could not think of a more happy thought of him and I riding together... I would of loved it.

If you have the opportunity, DO IT!

Gotta love dads

Thread Information