Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A MASSIVE thank you for Trackday 6

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I'll let the experienced lot comment on how good it was compared to others, but personally I loved the day, and couldn't think how it would get much better (except for others having less time and me more time )

Didn't actually need any more time either, as the poor tyre still needed to get me back to auckland (and 22 on the way up pretty much killed it) and the brakes were pretty shot too.

Bloody awesome, and bring on the next... passing people around the outside is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Absolutely awesome day - huge thanks everyone who had a hand in organising the day. Also a big thanks to everyone who helped me sort out my battery issues!
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    aprilia rsv4
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil View Post
    Absolutely awesome day - huge thanks everyone who had a hand in organising the day. Also a big thanks to everyone who helped me sort out my battery issues!
    Good stuff Kel's......now....I have the perfect racesuit that will fit you perfectly for your clubmans debut in Taupo next month annnnnnnddddddddd....Im sure we can graft the zx9 fairings I have in my garage onto your bike

Bike
    nun
    Gotta agree Tony.. top day. A HUGE thank you to all involved in making this an action packed day.

i was too knackered to do the last session.. mainly due to being an unfit old git.. but all i could think about in the morning was "I hope we get more than 1 session before 2 in the arvo.." and boy did we get some track time! smooth and fun! good work.

on a side note... the pilot powers, 2ct's are awesome; as is my pocket rocket... boy does that bike haul ass and we looked good doing it too.. which is the whole reason for being out there... riight??

a top days racing! and even tho Kornie binned it he didn't get a DNF

:slap:

Bike
    91 FXR150r
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    the pilot powers, 2ct's are awesome;
    I can second this, I had matching Dunlop Qualifiers on the Repsol and Cycletreads had none in stock on Sat morning, so they suggested the Pilot Power 2CT's, and they were farkin' mint!!

Oh and thanks heaps Tony, it was a great day and run really well, ended up being waaaaaay too much track time for this girly!
    Om nom nom.

Bike
    Trumpton triple
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Hmmm let me see......after driving home, getting to bed at almost midnight after unpacking, working a full day today and getting home at almost 7pm he collapsed on the couch and hasn't moved since except to pick up a spoon for the soup I put in front of him.
    So who's looking after you?

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    many thanks to Frosty for letting me come and have my first marshalling session. It was a fantastic experience and would love to do it again sometime.

Thanks heaps for a smoothly well organised day.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    2005 Yamaha Scorpio 225
    Quote Originally Posted by El Dopa View Post
    So who's looking after you?
    As he is picking up my new bike tomorrow on his day off will keep my mouth shut I think hehehe

Bike
    2006 Suzuki SV1000S
    Thanks heaps to all that put the day together. I had a great day.

Thanks also to Jill for her riding advice, it was very much appreciated. From seeing the photos on bikestore I can see I have a couple of things to work on, mainly I need to get my toes back on the pegs further. I'm extremely duck footed for some reason.

Good to meet some of the other KB's face to face too.

Highlights for me were getting up the bottle to pass on the outside of the sweeper and the guy on the 250 (sorry I forgot your name) who came up to me in the pits and told me that I'd scared the crap out of him when I roared past on the back straight. Sorry about that, two big yoshi's can be quite loud

Bike
    1992 Honda VFR nc30
    I really enjoyed my first track day, i realised how crap state highway one is after being on a pukka race track. really cool day, thanks frosty

Bike
    2004 VTR1000 - GSXR600K7

fantastic day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a complete ball and it ran perfectly all day very well organised. Ive done a few trackdays and this was by far the best ive done to date. Plus i got my knee down without shitting myself

Im definately in for anymore KB trackdays as its the best way to spend a day (wif pants on anyway)

Many thanks Frosty and Co and the good people of KB !!!!!!
    Bikes For Life "Misfit Racing"

Thread Information