Page 1 of 324 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Manawatu Friday Night Ride. (Be there or be in the square).

Bike
    GSXR750G Daytona 955 Tiger DR650 ZRX1200

Manawatu Friday Night Ride. (Be there or be in the square).

I've just had to give Dog's his Triumph back but we thought it would be a great idea to get people out for a cruisy easy short ride on a Thursday or Friday night and end up at a cafe for coffee and a chat

So, ideas and sugestions welcome, the basic idea being a short, no pressure ride around some of the great back roads round here.

All experience levels catered for, it would be great to see some of the newer riders out there and a great chance to pick up tips and hints from the more experienced.

Rides would probably be no more than an hour or so and be home before dark.

So get posting with your ideas guys, now's the time for those warm balmy evenings which are so good on the bikes

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Sounds like a great plan.. make the most of these summer evenings that are about to start in earnest ..

depending on shifts prob make 2 weeks outta 4 or depending what rostered day I have off may even be 3 ..

wot times you thinking of heading out .. same meeting point each week or mix it up for the different areas etc ?
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Knew I'd forgotton something. Was busy texting someone while typing

I was thinking 6 - 6.30 ish would give people a chance to get home and get sorted. Depending on the destination, we could make the meets at a servo closest to the route out of town. Say BP Rangitiki St, BP Fitzherbet, Ashhurst Mobil, etc. That way, we can gas up and head straight out of town and into it with minimum delay. There's a lot of great rides in all directions

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    good thinking Al....these hardly need mentioning but may as well....

1) Ashhurst, over the saddle rd, down to Pahiatua, through to Alfredton, back to Eketahuna then back up the main road and back over the track

2) halcombe, hunterville, vinegar hill loop

3) pohangina valley, mangaweka, vinegar hill loop

4) halcombe, fordell, hunterville, vinegar hill? not sure how long that would be?

in any case...yod will be there!! oops...and mrs yod too probably...sorry dear....

a good chance for some of the less experienced riders to get out and build confidence on shorter rides too I reckon...come on you lot, dont be shy, we dont bite...honest...
    Last edited by yod; 31st October 2007 at 22:57. Reason: to avoid being beaten by my wife
    F M S

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by 86GSXR View Post
    Knew I'd forgotton something. Was busy texting someone while typing

I was thinking 6 - 6.30 ish would give people a chance to get home and get sorted. Depending on the destination, we could make the meets at a servo closest to the route out of town. Say BP Rangitiki St, BP Fitzherbet, Ashhurst Mobil, etc. That way, we can gas up and head straight out of town and into it with minimum delay. There's a lot of great rides in all directions
    ohh and i wonder who that was nods remembering some of us need time to get home, changed & get to meeting point .. mind you once eveyone has cellie list (that I still need to laminate for everyone)a quick text to say your coming so waiting a xtra 5-15 mins if ppl are running late should not be a biggie .. remember that we have Marton, Feilding, shannon riders to consider .. then dannevegas if sarge wants to join in & perhaps Pahiatua as well

Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post

1) Ashhurst, over the saddle rd, down to Pahiatua, through to Alfredton, back to Eketahuna then back up the main road and back over the track

4) halcombe, fordell, hunterville, vinegar hill? not sure how long that would be?

in any case...yod will be there!! oops...and mrs yod too probably...sorry dear....

a good chance for some of the less experienced riders to get out and build confidence on shorter rides too I reckon...come on you lot, dont be shy, we dont bite...honest...
    good flicks there Jonno .. also a sweet short blast track, Ballance, Saddle, Apiti block end up in feilding for cafe stop
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike

Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    ohh and i wonder who that was nods remembering some of us need time to get home, changed & get to meeting point .. mind you once eveyone has cellie list (that I still need to laminate for everyone)a quick text to say your coming so waiting a xtra 5-15 mins if ppl are running late should not be a biggie .. remember that we have Marton, Feilding, shannon riders to consider .. then dannevegas if sarge wants to join in & perhaps Pahiatua as well

good flicks there Jonno .. also a sweet short blast track, Ballance, Saddle, Apiti block end up in feilding for cafe stop
    Great feedback so far guys and good to see such a positive response. I was out last night and the night was too good not to be riding!

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    I've just had to give Dog's his Triumph back but we thought it would be a great idea to get people out for a cruisy easy short ride on a Thursday or Friday night and end up at a cafe for coffee and a chat

So, ideas and sugestions welcome, the basic idea being a short, no pressure ride around some of the great back roads round here.

All experience levels catered for, it would be great to see some of the newer riders out there and a great chance to pick up tips and hints from the more experienced.

So get posting with your ideas guys, now's the time for those warm balmy evenings which are so good on the bikes
    Thats a fine idea If you made it friday nights I could make the odd one of those as I finish work on friday morning it would give me time to go home and get some then get up and tootle over, if it's a really nice warm evening I might take in a movie too.
    Sounds like a great plan.. make the most of these summer evenings that are about to start in earnest ..

depending on shifts prob make 2 weeks outta 4 or depending what rostered day I have off may even be 3 ..

wot times you thinking of heading out .. same meeting point each week or mix it up for the different areas etc ?
    Mix it up I reckon.

All grand ideas, bring em over this way on occasion too.

Bike
    Concours 14
    Simply splendid idea Al
    Friday nights are good for me as well Ill be a keen starter for these as well and i think Mrs Meanie will be keen too It will be a good chance to meet and have a good ol chinwag

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanie View Post
    Simply splendid idea Al
    Friday nights are good for me as well Ill be a keen starter for these as well and i think Mrs Meanie will be keen too It will be a good chance to meet and have a good ol chinwag
    Yeah, a great way to unwind after the weeks work I reckon.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    ohh and i wonder who that was nods remembering some of us need time to get home, changed & get to meeting point .. mind you once eveyone has cellie list (that I still need to laminate for everyone)a quick text to say your coming so waiting a xtra 5-15 mins if ppl are running late should not be a biggie ..

.. then dannevegas if sarge wants to join in

Better make that half an hour

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    Yeah, a great way to unwind after the weeks work I reckon.
    and organise the weekend plan too

Better make that half an hour
    only half??
    F M S

Bike
    Honda CB750F1980, 955i Daytona 02
    It would be a great idea to get people out for a cruisy easy short ride on a Thursday or Friday night and end up at a cafe for coffee and a chat

So, ideas and sugestions welcome, the basic idea being a short, no pressure ride around some of the great back roads round here :
    Fab idea the few excursions we have done recently have been great and it would be nice to get more people out with us
    But can I have a map please still can't manage to come home the same route as the rest of you it seems
    we are talking bikes here yes
    Heard that before but with my stunning headlamp it doesn't matter if it's dark does it.
    Shall I just follow you

Friday better for me too as you know but I can always find the cafe after Yoga!!!

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE

only half??
    Yeah I reckon half would be enough, later in the day and so forth.

Bike
    2008 GSX750F
    [QUOTE=86GSXR;1272757]

I am very keen for this, once I have my bike. Great idea

Bike currently at painters, so just waiting waiting
    If you can't be good, be good at it
    Live is too short, live it to the fullest

Bike
    Thats a fine idea If you made it friday nights I could make the odd one of those as I finish work on friday morning it would give me time to go home and get some then get up and tootle over, if it's a really nice warm evening I might take in a movie too.

Mix it up I reckon.

All grand ideas, bring em over this way on occasion too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanie View Post
    Simply splendid idea Al
    Good stuff guys Somehow Fridays just seem to work eh. Without the thought of work the next day. Very freeing thought. Works for me too
    Dannevegas will be on the cards for sure Sarge, think of some of those roads over your way

Exactly! And what better time to come up with ideas than a relaxed Friday

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtvet View Post
    Friday better for me too as you know but I can always find the cafe after Yoga!!!
    Sounds like a majority then Will be a good chance to practise some cornering as requested. Yes, I was talking about bikes, and don't worry about your headlight, moonlight becomes those roads

Quote Originally Posted by oscarnz View Post
    I am very keen for this, once I have my bike. Great idea

Bike currently at painters, so just waiting waiting
    Excellent stuff Carmen You'll love being out there on the two wheels of freedom. There's a wealth of great rides on the backdoorstep alright

Thread Information