Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Long Drop Rally - 2007

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    So where are the piccies of the bird in the see through dress?
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    The Griso
    Well me got the pictures sorted, and they are now up on me site.
    Image hosted by Webshots.com
    by GhostBullet
    The run down was spectacular, the smell of them lupins fed the senses, calling in to see Oldrider, a run up to Benmore damn and down the otherside of whatever it is lake. Great camping spots about there, perfect for a isolated biker get together to chill.

It was a good weekend, drink was cheap, and the atmosphere was, "big" great big wide open space!!! All good in the hood, a dodgy pub where we had to fight to get to the bar for a jug.

The "Big Eats" sure cooked up well again at camp KB, well fooded, a box of Woody's and a box KGB's shouted as a pre'emptive birthday shout went down good with no doubt.
    The drizzle was a pain but bought about cozzy banter and flashing in a vestible.

The morning was damp, and a decission to run up to coast was made, and quickly changed back to going inland for the run home.

A beut ride back home sunny and warm, seeing and throwing the wave to plenty a bike on the road. With just a couple of dampish spots closer to home.

The sad and grounding part of the trip was arriving home to hear that an incident involving some of the bikers we likely waved to were taken.
    Humbled by the messages from KB friends recieved asking about our being, and thinkin of those hurting now.

All in all though a great little rally, at least to do once.

3 pics from the tat and tit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3010.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	78936   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3013.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	78937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3019.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	78938  

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    So where are the piccies of the bird in the see through dress?
    Shit I thought we were going to be snapped for just perving never alone getting the camera out to take a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Bullet View Post
    blah, blah, blah
    Ya left me bugger all else to add! But yeah you've summed it up nicely, nice wee rally, will do it again one day.

Some more pics:
    Pic 1: The oddest photo of the weekend, what is it?
    Pic 2: Stop looking at ya farking bike already!
    Pic 3: Kamp KB in the morning
    Pic 4: Nice Italian classic on the way back in Tekapo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0496.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	78950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0500.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	78951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0503.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	306.0 KB 
ID:	78952   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0506.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	78953  

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    As Mr Sensible and Ghost Bullet have stated, a good wee Rally, and will be doing this one again next year.

Xaria and I rode up on the Friday after work, and rode up state one to Maheno and turned inland, and a few long straights but then a some nice flowing twisties. Friday night not many people there at all, maybe 30 in total, but that was ok, were forced to go and introduce ourselves to new people, (normally stick with our own group, as one does...) We wandered up to the pub for a few ales, and karaoke.

Next morning was going a good one and going to be a fine day, getting morning coffee, Xaria, packed her gear, we were off back to Dunedin to do the Toy Run, however Xaria wasn't coming back as she had the ride right course on suday.

Did the Toy Run and had a good turn out. Refueled and recieved a txt that would meet the Free2b, Conor, and OutbackAl in Palmerston, So me and Phaedrus rode up and over Mt Cargill, and then out through Warrington to Kartine and up to Palmerston, expecting the rest to be there, however we were first, few minutes later they turned up... Quick coffee stop, and a phone call from Mr Sensible to see where we were, saying see you next time to Phaedrus who was just doing a bit of a ride and not going to the rally we took the same route bact to the site as the night before.

The rally now had a few more people and was the typical rally, and you have as much fun as you make it... we had fun... as we normally do. Started to rain, well drizzle, and lasted all night and into the morning.

Rode to Oamaru for fuel and a bit to eat, by which time the weather had cleared. We decided to ride straight down Hw1 and we were all tired and well a little worse for wear.

Getting home hearing about the various incidents had a horrible gut feeling that it could be our guys heading home, time and route seem about the right time and place... I sent a txt to Mr Sensible, and he rang back saying both him and and GB are ok. But still a dampner for an overall good weekend.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    Hey folks glad you all had a good time & made it home safely.

Bike
    nothin at the mo
    gb nice to see no glow in the dark people on this rally lol
    good pics
    today i will take on the world tomorrow i will get out of bed

Bike
    a blue one VN 900c
    Awesome piccys GB ... great weekend even in the rain
    DREAM LIKE YOULL LIVE FOR EVER ...LIVE LIKE YOULL DIE TODAY

balanced . systems . stimulate . civilisations

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    Great pics guys.. looks like ya's all had fun!!

So glad you all made it home safe!!!!!!!

see you's on the weekend!!

Jen
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Thread Information