Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: midweek rides

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries

midweek rides

Is anyone keen next week for midweek rides?
    tuesday the 13th onwards.

Bike
    Too many to count
    yeah, think i'm busy on the 15th, and might have work, might not....

still keen if the weather cleans up - and coro loop round2 next sunday looks good

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    im busy after next week,
    there is also a open day at puke on friday.

Bike
    Hornet
    I'm going to put my hand up for a midweek ride (once this low pressure system clears) cause another one is spose to be arriving this weekend and I don't want to miss out riding.

I'm telling you, this winter, spring and summer so far has been the coldest, wettest and windiest that I can ever remember. I don't have high hopes of an amazing summer to offset the ridiculous run of bad weather either. My plan was to spend one last summer in NZ before heading off overseas, but I'm seriously wondering if I should just go in December...(provided I don't end up in the Northern Hemisphere).

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    I'm going to put my hand up for a midweek ride (once this low pressure system clears) cause another one is spose to be arriving this weekend and I don't want to miss out riding.

I'm telling you, this winter, spring and summer so far has been the coldest, wettest and windiest that I can ever remember. I don't have high hopes of an amazing summer to offset the ridiculous run of bad weather either. My plan was to spend one last summer in NZ before heading off overseas, but I'm seriously wondering if I should just go in December...(provided I don't end up in the Northern Hemisphere).
    Darn you having those early life crisis thoughts again. Just stay put for now. I am sure it is one of those seasons where summer will kick in later than usual.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    Darn you having those early life crisis thoughts again. Just stay put for now. I am sure it is one of those seasons where summer will kick in later than usual.
    Call me old, but I can remember when summer truly began in December (I grew up in the Coromandel), and by Christmas day it was stinking hot. People who took their two weeks holiday at Christmas / New Year were rewarded with the best weather summer had to offer unlike nowadays where it seems to get good in February, when you're back at work...

I can also remember as a young kid in the early 80s not having to wear sunblock cause NZ still had the declining remains of an ozone layer. Step out today with no sunblock and within 30 minutes you've gone red.

"early life crisis"? I think I'm just fucken fed up with the shit weather and want some SUNSHINE AND WARMTH DAMN IT!

Anyone else feel the same?

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    well the winter was warmer then usual, and summer more messy...
    perhaps their getting into each others clothes at the season making factory?

Bike
    Too many to count
    one i've got some coolant in my yzf i wont be complaining

chris you free tomorrow?

anyone other smc club members free tomorrow with dirtbikes?

Bike
    Hornet
    KTM aint running well but I have some coolant if you need.

Bike
    Too many to count
    what's wrong with the ktm?

i'm going to go buy some coolant after lunch; i swapped radiators with the spare yz400f so now i don't have a left one made more of expoxy/weld than original metal

means i can again run a standard pressure cap and don't have to worry about blowing out another radiator repair (extreme conditions and me being an idiot) nor losing too much water on hot days (total loss system)

a 1999 yz400f in good condition is about to go on trademe for those interested. both radiators have repairs but low pressure cap means you should be ok. buying radiator braces is HIGHLY recommended. dunno why they aren't standard actually

Bike
    Hornet
    KTM is running rough as guts and almost impossible to start. I reckon the spark plug is shagged and carb needs adjusting and possibly a new needle. But I don't have a socket to remove the spark plug and wouldn't want to attempt touching the carb with my basic mechanical knowledge. So I'm waiting for a chance to drop it back off to the mechanics and for this week's Student Allowance payment to come through! That bike is making me broke man...

Dirt bikes eh?!

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    KTM is running rough as guts and almost impossible to start. I reckon the spark plug is shagged and carb needs adjusting and possibly a new needle. But I don't have a socket to remove the spark plug and wouldn't want to attempt touching the carb with my basic mechanical knowledge. So I'm waiting for a chance to drop it back off to the mechanics and for this week's Student Allowance payment to come through! That bike is making me broke man...

Dirt bikes eh?!
    Perhaps start selling it off in bits....probably get back what you paid for it.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    Perhaps start selling it off in bits....probably get back what you paid for it.
    I've come this far, I want to have a decent blast on before I sell it whole or otherwise. Gonna rip some wheelies man!

Bike
    Too many to count
    probably spark plug. be sure to run a clean air filter and run on high quality fuel. my experience basically restricts that to BP 98. running on shell/mobil is asking for trouble.

and you did buy a ktm....

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    and you did buy a ktm....
    hey hey... even though India's Baja recently bought into KTM, they're still an excellent motorcycle manufacturer damn it!

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the KTM supermoto project stacks up against the likes of..... ooooooh I dunno?.... a VFR 400????

I'll probably never get a chance to get my supermoto skill levels up enough to do the bike justice though (on account of the crap weather and repeated mechanical breakdowns).

Thread Information