160 83.77%
  • ladies on scooters

17 8.90%
  • Hogs and gangs

9 4.71%
  • cars

5 2.62%
Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Waving - the neverending saga (multiple threads merged into one)

Bike
    gone
    Couple of days ago I was coming along the Okaihau Straights near home when I spotted a hidden spam copper behind a tree. Speedo showed about 130. Oh Feck I thought. I could hardly believe it when he waved out, and not the slow down wave, but a big wave hello. Maybe they arent all bad? Maybe it's because I was on the crusty ole z650?
    Over a year now on bikes and no tickets. Havent even been pulled over yet.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    I wave at gangs but only with one finger!

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    I wave at most sportbikes,or at least nod.
    Everyone should wave at hardleys,It's bloody funny watching them try to ride with one hand

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    I wave at everyone bikes that is.
    Everyone did it when I started riding and haven't stopped. Its a bit of a habit now, still to get a wave back from the Hog riders, but will keep trying.
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    05 CBR 600RR
    I wave at every bike i see too - though I never get a wave back from HD riders.

Its always a good feeling passing tones of bikes and everyone waving at everyone.

I remember one day i was coming back from hamilton to auckland, and i went past a bike - i waved, he waved back, but it was a different sorta wave.... he had his index finger in the air waving it in circles....

OH CRAP, COPS! i thought, quickly slowed down as i clicked onto what he meant, sure enough, next corner was 3 cops waiting there. Thanks who ever you are! I make sure i give the same sorta warning to who ever i see now too.

Bike
    None
    I'll give a nod or wave to most people.
    lol why do we do that? guess there's so few of use

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    I wave to most other riders,but it does depend on what I'm doing at the time.
    Some times I'm busy day dreaming and don't notice the other bike till it's gone passed,or If it's an HD rider,as much as I like the bikes myself I know I probably won't get a responce,The same goes for most BMW riders.
    The two best responces Iv'e ever had were a young girl on a scooter,Her big smile lit up the whole day,And then just resently I had three big sports bikes go by and all ignore me, then a young guy on a GN250 going like hell trying to stay with them gave me a big wave mid corner.The way he had that GN cranked over I reckon he would of been better off hanging on with both hands but he was obviously having a real good day.This saturday I had heaps of Triumph riders waving to me but one of them only seemed to be able to use his middle finger,I don't think he liked being shown up by the grubby Japper. Ain't life funny.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    I wave to all bikes and of late notice the Harley boys are waving back more often, but sadly still not the BMW riders - must be the torque reaction worry still. Don't they have counter rotating alternators or whatever Honda fitted to their shaft drive bikes to lessen the torque reaction? Or should I give them no credit and just take it as sheer arrogance towards all other forms of bikers?

I too waved at a chick on a scooter the other day that looked a bit surprised but very happy that I had done so.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    To add to the crack about BMW riders, while they don't wave back whether I am on my road or dirt bike, sure as hell the ones with the big traillies don't mind us stopping to help pick the muthas up when they deck them on adventure rides including lifting them off their sorry bodies half the time as they seem to get stuck under them when they crash in slippery going.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by georgedubyabush
    Couple of days ago I was coming along the Okaihau Straights near home when I spotted a hidden spam copper behind a tree. Speedo showed about 130. Oh Feck I thought. I could hardly believe it when he waved out, and not the slow down wave, but a big wave hello. Maybe they arent all bad? Maybe it's because I was on the crusty ole z650?
    Over a year now on bikes and no tickets. Havent even been pulled over yet.
    Let's see if you have a good word when the speeding ticket comes through the post. You think this dildo was being friendly. Why do you think he was hiding?? Ho hum there goes another sucker.

Skyryder

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by merv
    To add to the crack about BMW riders, while they don't wave back whether I am on my road or dirt bike, sure as hell the ones with the big traillies don't mind us stopping to help pick the muthas up when they deck them on adventure rides including lifting them off their sorry bodies half the time as they seem to get stuck under them when they crash in slippery going.
    Had to feel guilty a couple of years ago. A dude in overalls with a flipface helmet on a Harley was passing me when I nodded to him and absolutly ruined his day. He nodded back and his chin peice (which had been up) came down over his eyes as he was tipping in on a curve. He hit the brakes so violently that he came to a stop astride the tank in the middle of the road still with his vision blocked just as a passing train sounded its horn.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    I hardly ever wave,there is so much inconsistancy I just can't be bothered - if we all waved,I would wave
    I tend to agree. I probably wave or nod more than "hardly ever" but I suppose it depends on the mood I am in. When I commute to work every day I'm usually in some deep thought about work and don't make the effort, but when I am joy-riding somewhere I am usually giving recognition to every single headlight that I pass with the exception on scooter riders (they are in their own dreamworld)

Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    If you have ever lived in a small community you will know how important waving is,it's a complex social structure and woe betied you if you wave to the wrong person!
    I find I have to make a concerted effort not to get offended if someone doesn't wave or nod back to me, and for some reason I feel really stink if someone waves to me but I don't acknowledge them (usually because they leave it until the last second to wave)! :sneaky2:

Zed

Bike
    gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder
    Let's see if you have a good word when the speeding ticket comes through the post. You think this dildo was being friendly. Why do you think he was hiding?? Ho hum there goes another sucker.

Skyryder
    Long time ago now and I'm still ticketless on a bike Got down to 5 points left from my cage a couple of years ago but now I'm totally clear. Want some of my points?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by georgedubyabush
    Long time ago now and I'm still ticketless on a bike Got down to 5 points left from my cage a couple of years ago but now I'm totally clear. Want some of my points?
    Not as silly as it sounds. I read that in the UK, where camera tickets include demerits, people are offering to take the rap in exchange for a suitable consideration.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403
    Not as silly as it sounds. I read that in the UK, where camera tickets include demerits, people are offering to take the rap in exchange for a suitable consideration.
    What a bloody great idea, but we need a secure method of contact. You just don't know who's lurking around here.
    Lou

Thread Information