160 83.77%
  • ladies on scooters

17 8.90%
  • Hogs and gangs

9 4.71%
  • cars

5 2.62%
Page 1 of 180 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Waving - the neverending saga (multiple threads merged into one)

Bike
    RF900

Waving - the neverending saga (multiple threads merged into one)

I wave to anyone Sportsbikes mopeds ladies on scooters (Ladies)
    and even a solo Hog and some wave back. but would you wave to a gang of Hogs well maybe?
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    Why not I say.

I wave or give a quick nod to all.

Yamahamaman Guest
    All of the above excluding cars but including Police Bikers. Police Bikers tend to wave back!!!

Bike
    ZX636 Suzuki GSXR400
    Only when you give them the one finger wave though aye Yamahaman 
    Power is nothing without control.

Yamahamaman Guest
    I reserve the 'one finger waves' for the cage manipulators that want the share the same space and time that I already occupy. These wonderful citizens tend to own Bmr's (not bikes) or SUV's. Watch for said citizen with personal plate 'IPLAN'. Bad news.

Bike
    2020 Honda Rebel 500
    The Harley riders just don't even bother waving (maybe because their bars are so damn high up! )

Moped riders... I kinda feel sad when I laugh at them driving past.

Sport bikes, now we're talkin, I can usually tell if they are going to wave back. It seems to be all about the way they are riding ,sometimes even their gears they have on tell me if they are a person who would wave.

But almost everyone I have come across has waved, even that phat Cop I passed not knowing it was a Cop Bike... he waved.
    /end communication

Bike
    Suzuki RG 50
    I wave to anyone I see out there, scooters, sportbikes, cruisers etc. Just my way of saying "Hi, I'm having fun, how about you ?"
    All your footpath are belong to us.

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    I wave at everyone too, and you'd be surprised how many Harley riders wave back.

I wave at police too, whether in a car or on a bike. But then I've got my rabbit ears on my helmet to raise a smile.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    HMX 5000
    I wave at all bikes if I can, and if I can't then its a nod, except if they're on a Harley and have a rag across their face and wrap-around sunnies

I've given up on waving at someone on the opposite side of the motorway though, as this rarely gets a response.

Little kids usually are good to wave at too, espically if they're frantically trying to get your attention. You've got to encourage the future generation of bike owners
    Ducati del Mondo Superbike Campione!

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Originally posted by Duke of Rogan
    Little kids usually are good to wave at too, espically if they're frantically trying to get your attention. You've got to encourage the future generation of bike owners
    Yeah, I forgot about them. I've been known to stay in a traffic jam on the motorway, just to amuse a few kids.

But I won't wave at the little blighters that bounce around the back seat unrestrained, and usually mouthing or gesturing obsecenities.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R
    I'm with the Duke and Slim, although I often wonder what the kid's parents think of some biker waving at their kids.

Bike
    2005 Blackbird xx
    I always wave

As you never know when something may go wrong, and you know most people in a tin top aren't going to stop for that biker sitting on the side of the road, but a biker at least will slow down.

I hardly ever wave,there is so much inconsistancy I just can't be bothered - if we all waved,I would wave - not interested about ''is he one of ours?'' grow up,I'm not playing those games.

If you have ever lived in a small community you will know how important waving is,it's a complex social structure and woe betied you if you wave to the wrong person!

Bike
    Not many, if any
    i wave @ all bikes pretty much, including police bikes and all the ones i know are nice blokes and have waved back.  and yeah even through those streets full of kids etc they always (no matter what bike, even the CB250) look/wave/yell out, so i always give them a wave and often drop a gear just to make some noise and make it sound fast - being so comparitivly young (oh, i didnt just sign my own death cert did i?) i remember being one of those kids that just loved to see a bike go by and would just about throw myself onto the road to get his attention - and loved it when the bike made more noise as it made me think the bike was a "fast one" even if it wasnt red!

all good i say!

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    I make a point of waving to police bikers cause a)they're not normally so bad and b) he was probably thinking about pulling me over when he saw me so maybe a smile and a wav will get me out of it!!

yeah.. gotta wave to the kids (what better way to foster positive attitudes to bikes?)although I'm tempted to pull up next to the vans with unrestrained kids and give the parents a good serve sometimes.

Thread Information