2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Also the ride comfirmed some Ducatis don't like the wet
    When will people learn.
    It never rains in Italy.....

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    have a go at this competition to cheer you up.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...02#post1333702
    and this one

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh....php?p=1333886
    F M S

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Well it was my first c2c .. & may be my last ..

I have attended 3 large group rides cc campaign ride, last weeks welly toy ride with 480 odd bikes & now the c2c .. but have to agree with cowboyz

first section was pretty good .. nice to ride with ppl you know & who know your experience or lack of, pretty much follow the leader kinda stuff with ppl passing in relatively safe passing manner, til the track .. had a steady pace going, until a rider 2 up just had to pass me .. cowboyz also made it past .. problem first rider then left his brain somewhere & overcooked it into a signposted 35k corner & rode off into the grass & gravel .. cowboyz had a moment realising I was behind him & last time someone went off the road doing the target fixation thing, I followed suit, however in this case I kept my eyes firmly on cowboyz bike, as if he needed to take evasive action I figured I would have to follow suit .. but all good dunno how that guy managed to get her back on the road .. but he did ..

along Ballance quite a few idiots & after indicating my intention to pass a trike .. checking my rear vision mirror, proceeded to pass only to find two sports bikes doing warp speed to overtake us both (3 abreast) at the same time they were lucky I held my line & did not take a wider path or we would have all kissed the deck dragging other riders with us

really felt for bandit rider when his bike fell over at woodville..

riding again in the rain & not having done this for a few months took it extremely conservately as realising this was the first decent rain in a while & crap on road, just did not want to run the risk of a bin with all those bikes around .. thanks to Meanie, Bonez & Sarah for sticking around, only been riding 10 months & realise I have not done a lot of twistie stuff in the wet & roads I have never travelled .. but made it out to the beach & back in again .. was happy to reach dry roads for sure

anyhow back home to another party .. so a good nite was had .. sounds like I missed a good nite at Al's as well .. managed to drag cowboyz outta bed this morning sorry bout that mate ..
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    You did extremely well considering the conditions Sandra. Loved that 2 stroke smell following behind you.

Oh and that two up rider was on a black FJ1200 I think. Seemed to have something to prove. But I've seen marshellers on previous ones do worse. Pillion was a kid IIRC.

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    You did extremely well considering the conditions Sandra. Loved that 2 stroke smell following behind you.
    Thank you Bonez .... but at least i know you appreciate the smell

funny got home to a few bits of oil splatter on my boots .. rottiguy kindly looked at my light switch today (helps having lights at nite ) & tightened up the housing so hope thats where it come from .. bit of a puzzle at the mo ..

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    Ahwell then sounds like i didnt miss much still wish i could've made it tho just for the sake of a long congested ride

Bike
    A few
    You wheren't in the company of two other riders where you? A TRX and one other?
    Yeah, that was me (and Weazle)

Slingshot - good riding with ya on that Alferdton to Masterton road. Gave you a bit of distance & watched the back tyre skip a few times on that wet clay so cheers for the warnings

The Rima hill I would have to say though was complete ass. A combo a diesel, overcautious cage drivers and a rainsuit that had me looking like a maori version of the michelin man drove me to drink when I got home..
    Sargent Major: "Now then, who called the cook a bastard?"
    Small voice from the rear: "Who called that bastard a cook?"

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by VasalineWarrior View Post
    Yeah, that was me (and Weazle)

Slingshot - good riding with ya on that Alferdton to Masterton road. Gave you a bit of distance & watched the back tyre skip a few times on that wet clay so cheers for the warnings

The Rima hill I would have to say though was complete ass. A combo a diesel, overcautious cage drivers and a rainsuit that had me looking like a maori version of the michelin man drove me to drink when I got home..
    BTW got to follow you & velox for a ways .. thanks for the great lines .. that bit was fun

Bike
    Jackie Black
    My 2nd C2C. Can't understand what some others are moaning about. Shame about the rain but apart from that it was fun. Didn't have too many "WTF!" moment as we waited till most bikes had gone before we joined the pack, which very quickly spread out. You always expect to see idiot riders at an event like this so....

It surprises me how many bikers pike out when it's wet or raining. My dual purpose tyres are good in the wet.

We rented a house at Akitio so had somewhere to slightly dry our gear out and a comfy bed. $10 meal at the boating club and the boys got into the bourbons.

The organisers and volunteers did a great job as usual and great hospitality at Akitio once again.

Sunday started off lovely and sunny and we stopped at Waihi Falls and then through to Dannevirke. The road from Waihi Falls out to the highway (I think it's Oporae Road) is bloody AWESOME.

Went over Saddle Road where the rain started and didn't stop all the way home. Very soggy and wet as I couldn't be bothered with the wet weather gear and it was very warm.

A great weekend desipte the rain and we will be back next year!
    Some days you are the bug , some days you are the windshield

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisr View Post
    and meet up with Sels1 an Wayne708 at Foxton. .
    Actually that was my other brother Gareth on the Bonneville, Dennis.

Great to see y'all guys. We split off at woodville and came home over the saddle rd as we things on we had to be home for. But a good days riding all the same. And now I have one of those fancy vests in the boot of the car if I every get a flat on the motorway at night.....
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    Honda CB750F1980, 955i Daytona 02
    Doug and I got home alright.

Went the back route to the Saddle rd. We where very tempted to hang a right at Ashurst and do the Pahogina loop. It was a very welcoming scene coming down the saddle rd seeing the sun streaming down on the mighty Manawatu.

Gerble performed exceptionally well as usual.
    It was a fabulous evening and as always the Hondas revealed in a good ride:

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    evening standard has a great photo. Lets play wheres wally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paperpic.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	79681  

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    evening standard has a great photo. Lets play wheres wally.
    haha good pic

Bike
    GSXR750G Daytona 955 Tiger DR650 ZRX1200
    Bloody good pic that! I recognise some of those bikes!

Bike
    Concours 14
    We made the paper
    I can see me and mrs meanie next to the green machine

Thread Information