Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pukekohe open days timetable

Bike
    Not many, if any
    Cajun - No its Like $80 per bike and or per person in all honesty! as a 2nd rider cant fill out a sheet without paying etc and you need to be signed up!

thats if you want to be official and all but they can never tell etc, i had 3 odd people riding my machine and actually didnt pay till after my 4th time out there! (forgot!) its really relaxed etc dude

Sweet cheers Kwaka-Kid

Bike
    RF900
    I went to one track day at puke just to check it out, that was back in Summer its likely to rain tomorrow 18th June not lookin to hot.
    does you need good gear I reckon not sure what the minimum is? two pairs of Jeans? anyone know what the scruiteneers require?
    You need plenty of Gas too cause your fuel consumption will be high and you need some to get to the nearest gas stop 3ks dont run on reserve.
    dont forget your gonna boil your brake fluid and dont expect your tyres to not get a pasting. I think $80 is a bit of a killer they should have a pay per lap charge with a base charge or something some might like to have a go but not 20 go,s It's a good family day out when the formula 5000 and classic car club share the track(not at the same time naturally) and there no gate charge
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    Honda PC800
    shit mate where are you coming from.
    $80 is chicken feed. The track time guys charge like 150
    Last time I was there I had at least 3 hours riding for that $80 Bloody cheap
    Pukie is the MOST expensive track to hire in the country
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstar
    does you need good gear I reckon not sure what the minimum is? two pairs of Jeans? anyone know what the scruiteneers require?
    You need plenty of Gas too cause your fuel consumption will be high and you need some to get to the nearest gas stop 3ks dont run on reserve.
    Of course you should have some good protective gear on (but it's not compulsory) - jeans won't save any skin if you bin it!

Gas is only 2 mins down the road, and you can leave and return before and after each track session when the gates are open.

Tyres will take a beating if you go hard out! Last bike only open day (3-4 hrs riding) I wore 1/4 of the tread off my tyres.

Also, no insurance cover on the track unless you take out a special policy.

Zed

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Hey is the 3rd a bike only one?

Im starting to get twitchy....tempted to take the cage out...

nah its everything Devil, mate of mine is coming up in his hsv holden, and another friend in a ford rs cosworth, me bike will be on the trailer behind the holden,

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    nah its everything Devil, mate of mine is coming up in his hsv holden, and another friend in a ford rs cosworth, me bike will be on the trailer behind the holden,
    *twitch*.....soo....tempting!.... arrrg!

hahahah yeah, i lookign forward to taking the hsv holden out as well dc:< 5 litre v8 mmmmm

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    hahahah yeah, i lookign forward to taking the hsv holden out as well dc:< 5 litre v8 mmmmm
    Do you know what year it is?
    Id be interested in beating it up

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    I have it on good authority that there'll be a special guest appearance on the 3rd by a hardened racer.

It seems every body wants a crack at ol' Trasheys title
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    2005 GN250
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    I have it on good authority that there'll be a special guest appearance on the 3rd by a hardened racer.

It seems every body wants a crack at ol' Trasheys title
    It'd be good to see Johann out there. I wonder what sorta times he'll be doing. If its dry and perfect, flat 60s or less?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer
    It'd be good to see Johann out there. I wonder what sorta times he'll be doing. If its dry and perfect, flat 60s or less?
    61seconds on your bike.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    empty garage )-:
    Turned up yesterday (25th June) and no bikes were there...
    Wasn't sure I had the day/time right...
    "...New Zealanders, for all their faults, have virtues that are precious: an unwillingness to be intimidated by the new, the formidable, or class systems; trust in situations where there would otherwise be none; compassion for the underdog; a sense of responsibility for people in difficulty; not undertaking to do something without seeing it through - "
    Michael King

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    I think there will be a whole lotta people there one the third cleve. The track days are run normally with cars and bikes together (tho not at the same time on the track, so its just luck as to whether you get a lotaa bikers or only a few
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Thread Information