Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First track day

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
    I hope my plans for a little first out on the 8th of December is going to come through. I met this bloke at the bike shop who kinda promised me that he'd take me out there and give me one of his bikes to take onto the track
    How about a quiet run on your ZXR on the Tuesday afternoon before that?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Good on ya V. I hope you'll have a lot of fun
    ...but I'm sure you will!

I hope my plans for a little first out on the 8th of December is going to come through. I met this bloke at the bike shop who kinda promised me that he'd take me out there and give me one of his bikes to take onto the track
    Cheers mate...Yes, I can't wait!

If yours happen, please let me know how it went. It would be a good heads up, as we generally seem to think the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    How about a quiet run on your ZXR on the Tuesday afternoon before that?
    I'd love that! Can you make that happen?
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by 007XX View Post
    Cheers mate...Yes, I can't wait!

If yours happen, please let me know how it went. It would be a good heads up, as we generally seem to think the same way.
    Hardly... gutter brain

And I shall gladly give you a heads up!
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Hardly... gutter brain

And I shall gladly give you a heads up!
    I am so hurt right now...I shall go rock back and forth quietly in a corner...
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    I am so hurt right now...I shall go rock back and forth quietly in a corner...
    Was tempted to say "suck it up big girl" but that could be miscontrued, I'm afraid.

Get well soon

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Was tempted to say "suck it up big girl" but that could be miscontrued, I'm afraid.

Get well soon
    Are you calling me fat?

*te he...don't you love that kind of female change of direction on the argument? Always thought that was hilarious...*

anyways, make sure to take lots of pics on the day. 007XY will actually be a bystander this time, and take some photos for me. Also mentioned he's looking for a video camera
    Hope I don't feel so self conscious that I ass off in the process...

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR 600 K1 & 98 RG150
    I have done about 20 or so track days in my time and it is the most fun you'll have on a bike in my opinion, so here's my 2 cents worth

If you are reasonably confident on the road and have been riding a while don't go in the slow group start in the medium, if you are quite new to it all then go for the slow.

There will always be people faster and slower than you. Know your pace and just try to build on it in your own time. You will find out how much you can really brake, how quick you can actually corner and get on the gas it's a great learning experience but again you need to do it at your pace.

Following peoples lines these days I find can work but it has to feel right for you. People and bikes ride differently so what works for one doesn't mean it's going to work for you.

Above all have fun and remember it's a great day when you and the bike come home

Taz

A big Thank you to Marty at typeface for sponsoring me to have a go in my first race

Thanks to Steven at kittyosheas for building the computer program we're using at the sprints and the Hill Climb.

Contact Troy at actioncamz for DVD quality on board video

Bike
    Bikes!
    I'd love that! Can you make that happen?
    Not me, it's open practice every Tuesday (and Friday?) at hoonapuna. Once the tech year has finished, we'll be heading out there (because of one of the other guys, I work but I've been given an unlimited supply of Tuesdays off ). It's $80 for a half day, and $50 if you're a member of BEARS, canty car club, motorcycling canty etc. Just gotta stay out of the way of the fast guys who're practicing, but they circuit so quick that they just ride round you before you even know they're there! OAB has a neat video of the NZ Superbike guys giving him the learn (they're on thous with slicks, he was on a road tyred 750, but it still looks leet when they're going past )

Bike
    FOR SALE
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    bring a helmet, oh and boots and gloves
    dont forget the licra suit
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tazman View Post

Above all have fun and remember it's a great day when you and the bike come home

Taz
    Awesome, thanks Taz.

As far as the first lap is concerned, I am quite confident on the road, but will still probably start in the beginners group, just to get a feel for the track. I am very aware that I am not at all that confident in very tight corners, so will be taking it very easy to start with...

And yes, I will stick to my pace...no ego here, that would just be stupid.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by busa pete View Post
    dont forget the licra suit
    Pete...I hate to break to you, but the 70's are well and truly gone!

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Not me, it's open practice every Tuesday (and Friday?) at hoonapuna. Once the tech year has finished, we'll be heading out there (because of one of the other guys, I work but I've been given an unlimited supply of Tuesdays off ). It's $80 for a half day, and $50 if you're a member of BEARS, canty car club, motorcycling canty etc. Just gotta stay out of the way of the fast guys who're practicing, but they circuit so quick that they just ride round you before you even know they're there! OAB has a neat video of the NZ Superbike guys giving him the learn (they're on thous with slicks, he was on a road tyred 750, but it still looks leet when they're going past )
    I'd PM you if I could. Since I feel bad about hi-jacking the thread. I just have to ask though - and it may be relevant for V as well.

What do I need to bring, gear wise?
    What do I need to do to my bike to allow it on the track?
    How do I sign up?
    Is it open all day?

Bike
    Bikes!
    What do I need to bring, gear wise?
    What do I need to do to my bike to allow it on the track?
    How do I sign up?
    Is it open all day?
    It's not a track day, it's just a day at the track, so very relaxed.
    - You'll only need a helmet, but a smart man wears leathers/gloves/boots as well
    - You don't need to do anything to the bike
    - Open all day afaik

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Pete...I hate to break to you, but the 70's are well and truly gone!

Hush your mouth....you have seen Boomer in his Powerfully Rangeful One Piece?...now thats 70's and all class

Thread Information