Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First track day

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by maha man View Post
    Hush your mouth....you have seen Boomer in his Powerfully Rangeful One Piece?...now thats 70's and all class
    No, I haven't actually had the pleasure of meeting Boomer yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by 007XX View Post
    Ok, I apologise already if this is not quite the right area for this thread ( Mods, please relocate it if you need to)...

But anyhooo....Lookey what 007XY's bought me for Christmas (I am truly one of the luckiest woman on the planet ):

Hi Veronique ,
    The track day you have just booked for Sunday 23 December 2007 starts with a sign-on at 8.30am.

I'm just so ecstatic, and a bit scared too...but so very much looking forward to it!

So...can anyone please give me some good advice for a Track Day Newbie??
    if you can, trailer your bike there already prepped so you can get home if you drop it.

if you have any doubt about your tyres or they're nearly due, a new set of tyres will double your confidence....

tyre pressures are lower at a track than on the road.... ask one of the experienced people what they reckon, experiment a bit.

pick your group and if you feel hemmed in, change. Go a group lower than you think you can go first up particularly if you need to find your way round the track.

Dont try and go "fast": Smooth is fast but doesnt feel like it.

Once you get your knee down, you will be hooked, guarantee it: Enjoy.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Hi Veronique ,
    The track day you have just booked for Sunday 23 December 2007 starts with a sign-on at 8.30am.

Woohoo sweet prezzy! Which track is it at?

I can't wait to get out on the track once I get my new bike. I haven't done any trackdays either but I can't think of a better way to get acquainted with my new steed.

I trust your insurance is ok with trackdays?

Bike
    nun

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by maha man View Post
    Hush your mouth....you have seen Boomer in his Powerfully Rangeful One Piece?...now thats 70's and all class

lollies.. i was designed in the 60's, produced in the 70's and thought i'd moved on.. obviously not

:slap:

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS

Boomer is a Power Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    lollies.. i was designed in the 60's, produced in the 70's and thought i'd moved on.. obviously not
    Design has changed Boomer...............you cannot hide behind a Gixxer.......

I heard you still wear bicycle clips..........

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahameeboy View Post
    I heard you still wear bicycle clips..........
    not since i shaved my head

:slap:

Bike
    Ducati M750/ MotoFXR
    Really??? Damn...I was planning on doing it in my new "Elle McPherson" nightie...
    So where is this track day then???
    My daughter telling me like it is:
    "There is an old man in your face daddy!"

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff V!!! You'll have a ball, just go at your own pace and try different things out. Have fun gurl!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    So where is this track day then???
    Pukekohe...which is awesome as it is only about 45mns ride from my place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    Great stuff V!!! You'll have a ball, just go at your own pace and try different things out. Have fun gurl!!
    Will do mate! Love that feeling of excitement, butterflies in the stomach kind of thing...

Quote Originally Posted by discotex View Post
    Woohoo sweet prezzy! Which track is it at?

I can't wait to get out on the track once I get my new bike. I haven't done any trackdays either but I can't think of a better way to get acquainted with my new steed.

I trust your insurance is ok with trackdays?
    Yep, insurance will eb all good, but I got no intention of needing to do a claim anyway...My aim is not to put my knee down quite so quickly!
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    CB1000RR
    Hi 007XX. Just had my first trackday at Puke on Sat at one of the open track days. Me and two of my friends all had our first track day and man, what they all say is true. You will love it!! Have been wanting to do one for a few months and my friend only found out about this one a week before.
    You will find it a)so much safer than the road b) have so much more room on a track c) if you do make a mistake you have run off (I ran off the hairpin twice!!)
    It is a great chance to improve your riding and each session to improve on different parts of the track (sorted that hairpin out by third session!!)
    There were only about 10 bikes, 75% racebikes and us!!! The guys were great. Never met a nicer bunch of people, and their rides were 1-2 yrs old. Here's us with 17yr old bikes and they couldn't care less. Was great at full noise on my 400 on the back straight (190-200kph) and these guys going past like I was popping down the road to do my shopping.
    Managed to pull some in on the s's (htf do you spell that?) which was great fun (but then again I am on a 400 and I do like to practice corners, anyone can ride fast straight right?)
    Just remember you have the whole day so take your time. 2-3 laps to warm the tires and site in. Make sure tires are in good nick, I was pushing pretty hard all day and never had one moment as tires are fairly new) Took preasure down to 30/30.Take water and food and a chair if you are trailering. I had to ride from Warkworth so was 1 1/2 each way. Was do able(?) but would drive next time as was shattered the next day. Don't plan to do to much that night or the next day.
    I only did 3 sessions as I was low on gas and felt I had achieved enough. Read that you should never do the last session as you tire and will make mistakes, i would enforce this as well.
    I just got my knee down 6 weeks ago. Don't even think about it at Puke if you haven't done it yet. Save it for the next trackday, there will be many. Only got it down consistantly on the third session at Castrol. Best rap I got was I guy on a ZX10 saying it looked impressive from behind with "spark's coming off the footpeg and smoke coming off the toe cap" will be looking for rearsets and another toe cap for the next one!!!
    You will get your knee down real quick at the roundabouts at the back of North Harbour Staduim (remember it fondly) or better still in an unused carpark.
    Read lots (it has improved my riding heaps) u tube is great, watch the good guys and practice, practice, practice.
    You will love it and I'm booking in my next one, Taupo me thinks.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefer View Post
    Hi 007XX. Just had my first trackday at Puke on Sat at one of the open track days. Me and two of my friends all had our first track day and man, what they all say is true. You will love it!! Have been wanting to do one for a few months and my friend only found out about this one a week before.
    Awesome write up Reefer, cheers for that.

Very glad to know you ahd such a good time.

Thread Information