Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Farkin insurance wan#%ers

Bike
    a red and blue 1 with custom art

the saga goes on

below is todays drivel from my broker, the problem with these companies is i think that they are afraid of other inusrance companies, and they do not like asking them for expenses, both partys here have full comp insurance, his being a business polocy, would i be in my rights to contact him and let him know of the problems im having with his insurers ??

thanks Matt i will keep you all posted but it dosnt look good for me im afraid.

Hi David,
    The Insurer confirmed that they contacted the Repairer who informed them that they are trying their best to have the Bike ready by Christmas. The Repairer is also in the process of looking at some of the custom parts today.

In regards to a rental Bike or other expenses connected to alternative transport: The Insurer again confirmed that it is not included in the policy and that you can choose to pursue these “Un-insured losses” with the Third Party’s Insurer directly.

I hope you find the above sufficient.

Thank you,

Harry Eksteen

Domestic Broker

C & G Rothbury Canterbury

DDI: 64 3 363 6339
    ride for freedom, ride safe, ride for me, and all the other bikers no longer able to ride

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    The other company DOESN'T pay for it. Your company does under a "knock-for-knock" agreement. It may even be the same company since there are only really 3 insurance co's in NZ. Your company pays even tho you aren't at fault and if someone who is with your company hits the other companies client in the future the knock goes the other way.

The uninsured losses tho ARE paid from the other guys company. Thats how I got my gear fully covered. Now you have a target go for it! And charge them K's and gas for lifts you may or may not have got from friends since then. If you've been car pooling to work or whatever, clock it up at $20 a day gas money etc. Sorry, just recalled your situation, maybe taxi's for your wife etc?

Before people jump on me, I don't think you should be out to take all the cash you can get but your not at fault, you should not be out of pocket either. Your insurer should have spelt the game out for you at the start, my broker clued me up a bit and let me go get the money for my new gear off the guy who hit me's company.
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    1991 Yamaha FJ1200
    That's what Dave is doing now, he has sent the third party insurers details of costs he would like to claim (ie his uninsured losses). Dave is also putting more heat on his insurers to see to repairs in a timely manner - although so far it has fallen on deaf ears I've suggested some phrases and ideas that he has used in his recent correspondence with his insurer/broker.

The aim is to get Dave back on two wheels in the quickest possible future!

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    Yeah, hope things go good. I think everyone knows it won't be overnight but sounds like the kick up the ass will do them good.
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
    The other company DOESN'T pay for it. Your company does under a "knock-for-knock" agreement. It may even be the same c.
    Knock for knock. Their little scheme where even if the other guy is completely at fault you often lose your no claims bonus. Yet another reason to only take 3rd party + legal cover. One they make insurance compulsory in this country I can see a lot of guys/gals switching from fully comp to TPO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    94 Suzuki RF900
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Knock for knock. Their little scheme where even if the other guy is completely at fault you often lose your no claims bonus. Yet another reason to only take 3rd party + legal cover. One they make insurance compulsory in this country I can see a lot of guys/gals switching from fully comp to TPO

If you want to know more about an insurer who does not touch your no claims bonus for not-at-fault knock for knock claims, let me know.

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
    If you want to know more about an insurer who does not touch your no claims bonus for not-at-fault knock for knock claims, let me know.
    Umm..I do. Just wonderin why it's such a secret? This is an appropriate thread to make a non earplug plug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Call jetboy when you want straight up service. Himself and the team at John Baker Insurance are second to none. This is a shameless plug due to the great rates, great claim service (fast too!!!) provided by John Baker and Star insurance.
    Even after the claim they insured my new bike at a really sharp rate (REALLY SHARP).

0800 65 62 64, ask for Tim (jetboy)

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    ZZR1200
    Mate don't hold your breath here , I had to put down my Roadking last Feb and it took seven months to get it back and it still was'nt fully repaired , in fact only just dropped in to High Country MC to get repairs finished today.High Country MC had nothing to do with previous repair.But the hold up on Harley parts is shocking , apprently the container from Harley Factory in USA goes through Aussie before getting here and it is not unknown for parts destined for NZ disappear in Aussie.

Bike
    94 Suzuki RF900
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Umm..I do. Just wonderin why it's such a secret? This is an appropriate thread to make a non earplug plug.
    Nah no secret mate - just dont want to be flamed for peddling my wares in a non-trading forum.

The companies I deal with don't and Im not sure of the one's that do. Maybe you are getting a bad deal because you are not insuring through a broker

I'd like to know who does this, maybe its time to name and shame...

Bike
    1991 Yamaha FJ1200
    Insurers *shouldn't* touch your premium rate or deduct an excess for a no-fault accident where you can identify the at fault party. It's written in the policy wording in most cases.

The 'Knock for Knock' agreement is in place between participating insurers to keep the courts clear by each insurer looking after their own client and not seeking recovery of costs off each other. In most vehicle accidents there are two parties, regardless of who's at fault they realise that what goes around comes around.

Regardless of the above, Dave's issues are:

* He wants the bike fixed in a reasonable time frame
    * He wants reasonable communication as to how it's going
    * He wants to claim uninsured losses
    * He would like his insurer to assist him in claiming the uninsured losses

I don't think any of the above are unreasonable. Sure it may take months to get Harley's fixed, but insurers took on that risk when they covered him, and he would pay a premium according to the overall risk. Dave just wants something to get around on in the meantime.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
    Nah no secret mate - just dont want to be flamed for peddling my wares in a non-trading forum.

The companies I deal with don't and Im not sure of the one's that do. Maybe you are getting a bad deal because you are not insuring through a broker

I'd like to know who does this, maybe its time to name and shame...
    re Above i am insuring through a broker C G Rothbury and they hold my insurance with NAC national auto club who own state and a few other big companies, there is no excuse for delaying the repairs i spoke to NZI whp holds the policy for Foodstuff who`s employee hit me and they suggested that if there is going to be a delay of this length of time my insurers should write off the bike, i have put this to them and so far its in the too hard bin i am hoping for a reply tommorow so all i can do is wait i will keep the thread posted regards too all

and thanks Matt good work i hope to meet you and i owe ya a beer mate thanks again.
    ride for freedom, ride safe, ride for me, and all the other bikers no longer able to ride

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by devnull View Post
    Try using the 2 magic words that insurance companies like to hear...

"Insurance ombudsman"

If you believe that they are being unreasonable and you can't get anywhere with them, mention to them that you're going to cantact the insurance ombudsman to take things further
    Insurance Ombudsman only handles 'Insured' claims, not Uninsured Loss Claims.

Bike

very true

i could not of said it better mate thanks i pay $1220 for full cover why should they not give me this service, and as i was not resposable in that the accdent was not my fault, you would think and expect your insurance company to go all out in your corner, and not do as these clowns are doing and not wanting to rock the insurance boat !!!!

thanks Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_TG View Post
    Insurers *shouldn't* touch your premium rate or deduct an excess for a no-fault accident where you can identify the at fault party. It's written in the policy wording in most cases.

The 'Knock for Knock' agreement is in place between participating insurers to keep the courts clear by each insurer looking after their own client and not seeking recovery of costs off each other. In most vehicle accidents there are two parties, regardless of who's at fault they realise that what goes around comes around.

Regardless of the above, Dave's issues are:

* He wants the bike fixed in a reasonable time frame
    * He wants reasonable communication as to how it's going
    * He wants to claim uninsured losses
    * He would like his insurer to assist him in claiming the uninsured losses

I don't think any of the above are unreasonable. Sure it may take months to get Harley's fixed, but insurers took on that risk when they covered him, and he would pay a premium according to the overall risk. Dave just wants something to get around on in the meantime.

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by dmouse View Post
    re Above i am insuring through a broker C G Rothbury and they hold my insurance with NAC national auto club who own state and a few other big companies, there is no excuse for delaying the repairs i spoke to NZI whp holds the policy for Foodstuff who`s employee hit me and they suggested that if there is going to be a delay of this length of time my insurers should write off the bike, i have put this to them and so far its in the too hard bin i am hoping for a reply tommorow so all i can do is wait i will keep the thread posted regards too all

and thanks Matt good work i hope to meet you and i owe ya a beer mate thanks again.
    I am surprised Rothbury's are not making a fuss in your behalf as I used to handle their claims for Nzi. Contact Heather Cullen
    Claims Manager / Broker DDI: 03-363 6330

Get them to speak to the Manager at National Auto Club.

National Auto Club are owned by IAG. They do not have any KK agreements for reasons too complex to explain so they will end up recovery net costs from Nzi who are part of IAG.

As both Insurer's are effectively one and the same they should really get together and decide on the most economic solution for both, ie to repair or write off.

What the should do is establish market value and assess salvage value which they can get from Turners who will give them some idea of what the wreck will get at Auction.

They could even write off and agree with Nzi that they (Nzi) will pay the difference to ofset your potential loss of use claim.

You can claim reasonable costs of hiring a motorbike as long as you can proove it was necessary. Nzi will deduct your normal running expenses to arrive at your actual additional loss.

Thread Information