Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bikers collide with Police car in Buller Gorge (1 December)

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    How does it make Skel* an idiot? He was commenting on people leaping to conclusions without any facts to hand. At the time he said it it was on the money. That doesn't make it less true right now.
    Why am i an idiot? I just said my opinion of what would be most likely to go wrong in a police maneuver to pull somebody over? Sure i now know that it was the cop doing a uturn when should not have been but being wrong in this case dose not make me an idiot, it makes me wrong in this case.

So what would have been your GUESS if you got asked what could have happened? Hell ask renegade master about how long we spent held up at that bike crash on the coro loop guessing about what happened. We could not see the wrecks in enough detail to jack shit but that did not stop us.

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    Quote Originally Posted by JKWNZ View Post
    Some interesting stats: "41 per cent of injury motorcycle crashes occurred in situations where drivers did not see the motorcycle" - ACC

"In 75 per cent of the accidents the motorcyclists were not at fault" -ACC

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10445028
    That was only analysing accidents from a handful of city streets...

"Auckland City police roading manager Inspector Heather Wells said most of the district's motorcycle accidents occurred on five major roads in the city - Great North Rd, Great South Rd, Karangahape Rd, Newton Rd and Ponsonby Rd.

The 43 accidents that have occurred on those five roads between 2001 and 2005 have cost nearly $1 million."

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    Well that's the first statement you've made that I would say is crap. I would say 90% of motorcycle accidents are the fault of the motorcyclist or there were at least steps that the motorcyclist could have taken to avoid the accident.
    Hey, then I haven't been doing too badly then.

I agree that we could be doing a lot better at riding defensively and safely in the first place to be avoiding a big chunk of that other 50%

From... http://www.transport.govt.nz/motorcycles/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gegegg.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	78819  

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Right....I was at the scene of the accident today (Sunday) & I can tell you the Cop is in the wrong....what the fuck was he thinking!! I ride this road every other weekend & to pull over to do a U turn there is just plain stupid!! The section is narrow & winding but with no speed advisory signs so you travel @ the speed limit....as you approach the corner it crests slightly & you start to tip in, & then right in front of you with little warning, is the spray paint accident marks. The Folk on the bikes wouldnt have had time to even hit the picks. IMO he has unfortunately made a very bad call to attempt to turn in a VERY dodgey spot on a day where the region was full of bikes doing a toy run...
    According to their mate who I coincidentally had a chat with @ the gas station in Murch,not far up the road from the scene.He was on his way to Nelson to see his friends in Hospital....They'd been on their way to meet up with him @ the Glaciers on Saturday & failed to show up....both of them are in bad shape with multiple injuries. Their mate was gutted & he summed it up quite nicely by saying that "for the sake of a fucking ticket the cop nearly killed my friends"
    Theres lots of pissed off people talkin' bout this round Murhison @ the mo ,as it seems that we have a veritable plague of roaming marked & unmarked cars gangbanging everyone they can round here.Say what you like bout speed & safety but we're all feelin' like theyre trying to intimidate as well as generate revenue...probably cause theres bugger all crime but lots of tourists & Joe Average Kiwis on holiday (or not) who are getting pinged @ every opportunity,& even if youre not doing anything wrong they'll use the warrant/rego thing to pull you up when doing 37 in a 50 zone....
    So we'll have to see what happens.....a moment of bloody mindedness has seriously affected not only the two riders but I reckon the Policeman will be feelin pretty guilty too...
    Hope the two fellas pull thru, the Murch Boys thoughts are with you ....
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    2005 suzuki bandit 1200s
    My heart goes out to our brothers involved in this life changing accident.

The next game is who to blame.

The cop involved and his masters are working on a strategy to blame these bikers for this incident, admit to nothing is a fundamental principal for the cops.

On regaining their health I think these guys will feel the full weight of police might.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcduck5n View Post
    Why am i an idiot? I just said my opinion of what would be most likely to go wrong in a police maneuver to pull somebody over? Sure i now know that it was the cop doing a uturn when should not have been but being wrong in this case dose not make me an idiot, it makes me wrong in this case.

So what would have been your GUESS if you got asked what could have happened? Hell ask renegade master about how long we spent held up at that bike crash on the coro loop guessing about what happened. We could not see the wrecks in enough detail to jack shit but that did not stop us.
    My guess would be a couple of invincible sprotsbike riders traveling at warp speed smacked into a Police car performing an illegal U-Turn. But I'd probably be very wrong.

A big chunk of KB has popped in and done the normal automatic defense of the motorcyclists/pillory the Policeman routine.

It's old.

It's tired.

It ignored available facts as usual.

Leaping to conclusions about an event you weren't present at and involving dead or hurt people was shown up for the hurtful, nasty waste of time it is, exactly one year ago.

Speculating about how people died without facts to hand is stupid. You do not know who might be reading this thread. There are no names published yet.

Hell the cop might even be a motorcyclist.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    what the fuck was he thinking???
    Bacon and egg pie.

Bike
    2005 suzuki bandit 1200s
    My guess would be a couple of invincible sprotsbike riders traveling at warp speed smacked into a Police car performing an illegal U-Turn.

A big chunk of KB has popped in and done the normal automatic defense of the motorcyclists/pillory the Policeman routine.

It's old.

It's tired.

Leaping to conclusions about an event you weren't present at and involving dead people was shown up for the hurtful, nasty waste of time it is, exactly one year ago.

Speculating about how people died without facts to hand is stupid. You do not know who might be reading this thread. There are no names published yet.

The fact is a cop U turned and two bikes hit him, is this not a risky manouvere anywhere!

Bike
    A few
    Condolences to the riders. Its a year to the day that we lost three of our own on this very weekend very sad to hear it almost reapeated at another end of the country
    Sargent Major: "Now then, who called the cook a bastard?"
    Small voice from the rear: "Who called that bastard a cook?"

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doon12 View Post
    The fact is a cop U turned and two bikes hit him, is this not a risky manouvere anywhere!
    If you're going to quote a post at least quote it properly and don't leave bits out.

I've been dealt to by a U-Turning school mum, but no one gave a fuck because she wasn't a cop. Or am I reading what you guys are saying wrong?

You guys and your kangaroo court are one of the reasons why I wonder why the hell I keep coming back here and picking at this scab. Stick your hand up if you've wandered about an accident scene collecting "personal effects" while they load bits of a mate's body into an ambulance. The last thing you care about is vengeance.

One cop fucks up (and I'm not defending the U-Turn) and you've already got him, the NZ Police force, The Minister of Police and any judge who sits the case tried and convicted of corruption.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    According to the "mate" I spoke with there were two bikes involved,the first one hitting the car which spun it round & then the other bike TBoned into the other side of the car....
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    My guess would be a couple of invincible sprotsbike riders traveling at warp speed smacked into a Police car performing an illegal U-Turn. But I'd probably be very wrong.

It's old.

It's tired.

Leaping to conclusions about an event you weren't present at and involving dead or hurt people was shown up for the hurtful, nasty waste of time it is, exactly one year ago.

These are fair points. I would like to make a few small points.
    The guy is alive.
    I was not saying anything hurtful or blaming the injured person, to do that i would need some proper proof. I just ran through in my mind where the action of pulling somebody over was most likely to go wrong. The fact that i was wrong and did not take into account the U-turn factor is now irrelevant. Note that i used the words 'i bet' which in my book mean the same as 'i think' which means ;i am guessing that this is what happened'.

Could i ask you a question, if somebody rings you up saying the bike will not go. The lights come on but the starter will not go. What are you going to tell them to check? I would go with the kill switch because it is the MOST LIKELY to be stopping the bike form starting.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe

It's old.

It's tired.

And a smaller, but more elite chunk has popped in and done the normal automatic defense of the police, who can do no wrong, and it's those crazy speeding bikers who are to blame.

As to the rest, so what you are saying is that two bikers are badly smashed up, but because we do not know what colour jocks the cop was wearing, we must needs just shrug and ignore it ?

Ah, yes, of course, apathy, the good old Kiwi way.

(You'll note that I've quoted you in full, nothing left out)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    ZZR1100 D7
    Thanks for the post. It clears a lot up but I'm a bit confused. Nothing new there. Was it north or south of the swing bridge? Either way it is pretty tight round there.

When the riders come right they will be able to tell their side of the story. Hope they will make a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    Right....I was at the scene of the accident today (Sunday) & I can tell you the Cop is in the wrong....what the fuck was he thinking!! I ride this road every other weekend & to pull over to do a U turn there is just plain stupid!! The section is narrow & winding but with no speed advisory signs so you travel @ the speed limit....as you approach the corner it crests slightly & you start to tip in, & then right in front of you with little warning, is the spray paint accident marks. The Folk on the bikes wouldnt have had time to even hit the picks. IMO he has unfortunately made a very bad call to attempt to turn in a VERY dodgey spot on a day where the region was full of bikes doing a toy run...
    According to their mate who I coincidentally had a chat with @ the gas station in Murch,not far up the road from the scene.He was on his way to Nelson to see his friends in Hospital....They'd been on their way to meet up with him @ the Glaciers on Saturday & failed to show up....both of them are in bad shape with multiple injuries. Their mate was gutted & he summed it up quite nicely by saying that "for the sake of a fucking ticket the cop nearly killed my friends"
    Theres lots of pissed off people talkin' bout this round Murhison @ the mo ,as it seems that we have a veritable plague of roaming marked & unmarked cars gangbanging everyone they can round here.Say what you like bout speed & safety but we're all feelin' like theyre trying to intimidate as well as generate revenue...probably cause theres bugger all crime but lots of tourists & Joe Average Kiwis on holiday (or not) who are getting pinged @ every opportunity,& even if youre not doing anything wrong they'll use the warrant/rego thing to pull you up when doing 37 in a 50 zone....
    So we'll have to see what happens.....a moment of bloody mindedness has seriously affected not only the two riders but I reckon the Policeman will be feelin pretty guilty too...
    Hope the two fellas pull thru, the Murch Boys thoughts are with you ....

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    One cop fucks up
    Thats were ya wrong, looking at the big picture take into account all the filthy cops and stich ups there has and is in this country.
    OK, this cop no doubt fucked up and is seriously regeting it.. hell any of us could have made that bad call, maybe hes acreation of his bosses and was brain washed into nicking the speeding bike... either way a copper should know better than to make a dumb arse desision like he did.
    And FWIW, some of my beter mates are coppers so I aint taring them all.

It's old.

It's tired.

you know Jim... maybe the sports bike riders were well awear of there mortality, maybe they were riding at a lesser speed than required?
    Its KB of course people are going to pop up and say there one eyed pieces, its the net you should be used to it.
    This event has nothing to do with the events of a year ago, why people have to keep brining that up I dont know.
    Yeah the cop might be a biker... so what.
    Ohh and on ya for saying your piece.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information