Thread: Cheap SV1000 on trademe

Bike
    ZXR250

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    $10.50. I think I can manage that. Isn't there a law that says once an ad is published, you are legally bound to sell for the advertised price. I remember a liquor store falling foul of that law. Had to sell cases of wine for next to nothing when the ad in the paper left out a digit.

Bike
    2005 Aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    $10.50. I think I can manage that. Isn't there a law that says once an ad is published, you are legally bound to sell for the advertised price. I remember a liquor store falling foul of that law. Had to sell cases of wine for next to nothing when the ad in the paper left out a digit.
    Wish it did work like that but unfortunately if it is a genuine mistake there is no obligation to honour any advertised price. In any case no person/shop is obligated to sell to someone, they don't have to give a reason, they can just say, nah I'm not seling anything to you matey.

You quite often see apology signs in some of the big retail stores regarding wrong prices in mailers etc....

Bike
    none
    ^^ True

Amazingly it happens often enough... Not always the price that is wrong.. a description or a picture...

for example... we got the latest prices that are going to be in the 100%/Hill n Stupid brochures at work teh other day... A Philips 42" LCD TV at $8999... that was ment to be a Plasma not LCD... as the LCD version is another $7000 o.O

Happens all teh time with radio ads too... when advertising a plasma for $7999 you would be amazed at how many people hear it as $799... thats why they record the ads so they can be played back later to make sure no fuck ups were made

Thread Information