Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NZ Superbike History?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by brads View Post
    That was mid to late 2000 when that happened,he just had signed to race for Honda here and was meant to be team mate with him,never happened as not long later Honda dropped us all but kept him on,strange times.....strange man in charge of race team then to.....wonder who hes ripping off now.....
    Think you'll find he got his arse kicked off the Australian Ducati Dearler Team for drug usage before that too mate.

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    When he wasn't being busted for drug usage. Wonder if he and Anthony Gobert now share the same park bench?
    Lattest on The Go Show (no show) he is in a mental instatution and has fried himself behind return on I beleive the big H of all things.
    Probably had the most natural talent in the world for a few years that doosh bag

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Lattest on The Go Show (no show) he is in a mental instatution and has fried himself behind return on I beleive the big H of all things.
    Probably had the most natural talent in the world for a few years that doosh bag
    Yeah I heard he'd got himself a Hammer addiction. He was a fucking dickhead from a very early age though, as talented as he was, he was way too full of himself.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Pretty Spectacular to watch in his Kawasaki WSB days though, ya gotta admit. Fuck that thing spent some time sideways.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Pretty Spectacular to watch in his Kawasaki WSB days though, ya gotta admit. Fuck that thing spent some time sideways.
    That's what makes him an even bigger dickhead. Talk about up in a puff of smoke.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    met him once when he raced in auckland as a kid on a motocross bike, was a sad story of talent gone to waist for sure, he was unreal on a dirtbike back then and unreal to watch in superbikes and 500gp's

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    met him once when he raced in auckland as a kid on a motocross bike, was a sad story of talent gone to waist for sure, he was unreal on a dirtbike back then and unreal to watch in superbikes and 500gp's
    When I was at Boyles way back when...we supplied him a near new KX80 for him to race in our first indoor supercross. He did nothing but moan about the fact that it wasn't fitted with the grips he liked, and that it had an o ring chain on it, and he wanted them changed.

It was one of our very best customers sons bike, and there was no way we were gonna change a thing. He was several seconds faster than every other kid, and totally kicked arse. He was just an ungrateful, spoilt lil brat. On the other hand, Eddie Warren who we also helped with a bike, was the nicest guy you'd ever hope to meet, was was so thankful we'd sorted out such a nice KX250 for him.

When loading up my KR1 race bike onto my ute, I congratulated Gobert on his performance, and said he should contemplate road racing when he got a lil older. He said "fuck that, road racing is for pussies". I told him to tell Mick Doohan that. Years later when I was in Australia, and I came across Gobert in the pits when has was road racing for Honda Australia on RC45's. He looked a tad suprised and shocked when I told him that he was also a pussy after all.

If I'd had a quater of his talent, I sure as hell wouldn't have wasted it in such a fashion. To be given the chances he was (he earnt them no doubt about that), then to blow it all away? Retard.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex

Bike
    the story goes that Chad Reed really wanted to go the same way, but his parents would not let suzuki put him on a road bike, so he carried on with mx, would have been interesting to see how he went,

i was very young at the time gobert raced here on a dirtbike,

Bike
    Kawasaki ZR750/Honda Supercub

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    When I was at Boyles way back when...we supplied him a near new KX80 for him to race in our first indoor supercross. He did nothing but moan about the fact that it wasn't fitted with the grips he liked, and that it had an o ring chain on it, and he wanted them changed.

It was one of our very best customers sons bike, and there was no way we were gonna change a thing. He was several seconds faster than every other kid, and totally kicked arse. He was just an ungrateful, spoilt lil brat. On the other hand, Eddie Warren who we also helped with a bike, was the nicest guy you'd ever hope to meet, was was so thankful we'd sorted out such a nice KX250 for him.

When loading up my KR1 race bike onto my ute, I congratulated Gobert on his performance, and said he should contemplate road racing when he got a lil older. He said "fuck that, road racing is for pussies". I told him to tell Mick Doohan that. Years later when I was in Australia, and I came across Gobert in the pits when has was road racing for Honda Australia on RC45's. He looked a tad suprised and shocked when I told him that he was also a pussy after all.

If I'd had a quater of his talent, I sure as hell wouldn't have wasted it in such a fashion. To be given the chances he was (he earnt them no doubt about that), then to blow it all away? Retard.
    Mate, remember that Supercross very well (even got a VHS tape of it) , Gobert was a spoilt little shit. His Sponsor was Allan Tomkins from Aussie and he was top dude how he got caught up with Gobert is beyond me. As for Fast Eddie Warren , nothing but the best memories of the yank , he was a true professional and really top guy. Last time I saw him was at The Christchurch Supercross at Addington a couple years later and I think he retired soon after. Gobert probably rode that way in SBK etc as he was probably high on something.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chow View Post
    Mate, remember that Supercross very well (even got a VHS tape of it) , Gobert was a spoilt little shit. His Sponsor was Allan Tomkins from Aussie and he was top dude how he got caught up with Gobert is beyond me. As for Fast Eddie Warren , nothing but the best memories of the yank , he was a true professional and really top guy. Last time I saw him was at The Christchurch Supercross at Addington a couple years later and I think he retired soon after. Gobert probably rode that way in SBK etc as he was probably high on something.
    Yeah the KX 80 was Toby Elliots bike...think it even had Yokohama's on it that he complained about to! The KX250 was my mate, Pete Richardsons.

I worked for Bobby Morgan at Brisbane Yamaha for a while whilst over there, he was one of Gobert Snr's best mates. Gobert snr was just a lound mouthed Aussie slob/raving pisshead too. Not hard to see where Anthony got it from.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chow View Post
    I would LOVE to see that tape!!!! Thats what got me hooked on racing! Darryl King, Damien King, Andrew Buschel it was awesome!

I think thats when the check helmet rule was introduced cause Nigel Smiths helmet fell off

Bike
    BMW
    the story goes that Chad Reed really wanted to go the same way, but his parents would not let suzuki put him on a road bike, so he carried on with mx, would have been interesting to see how he went,

i was very young at the time gobert raced here on a dirtbike,
    Chad Reed sounds much the same actually. Similar attitude without the drugs.

Caulfields had some interesting stories to tell about him and how he treats his family after all the effort they put in

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I would LOVE to see that tape!!!! Thats what got me hooked on racing! Darryl King, Damien King, Andrew Buschel it was awesome!

I think thats when the check helmet rule was introduced cause Nigel Smiths helmet fell off
    they are talking about the wellington supercross is either 88 or early 89, you are talking about the christchurch supercross of 1992,

i have the 92 tape somewhere at my parents place,

thats is where the check helmet strap sign came from,

the sx in christchurch was why i was not allowed to race sx until i was 18, my mother refused to sign the entry forms after hearing someone kids wrists break coming up short on a jump,

Bike
    Various things
    they are talking about the wellington supercross is either 88 or early 89, you are talking about the christchurch supercross of 1992,

the sx in christchurch was why i was not allowed to race sx until i was 18, my mother refused to sign the entry forms after hearing someone kids wrists break coming up short on a jump,
    Yeah think Old Chop is too young for the Welly one!

Mums are like that. Mine said all help would stop if I went road racing. Luckily it didn't.

Thread Information