Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoppies. My new best friend

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevmo7 View Post

if he had put his hands out and wore a helmet he would have walked away without any injures.

even the world champion puts his hands out and rolls it off
    Well his head would of been fine.

I do know its a natural reaction, but its not always the best option relying on basic instincts. I mean on a push bike simply falling over whilst stopped will break your scaphoid if you stick your arm out..... aye K14!

and just because the world champion does it does not make it right.

Many people wont simply put their hands out, you want to know why? Because maybe they listened when someone told them something and they learnt how to fall ratehr than blindly copying the worlds best......

Bike
    Too many to count
    i'd rather break an arm than have my brain permanently damaged from slamming into the inside of my skull. funnily enough millions of years of evolution developing that instinct to help us better survive falling over seem to agree...

exactly why/how is "face first" the better option? in this instance "jump the fuck off, prefereably to the side" seems a bit more sensible

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post

exactly why/how is "face first" the better option?
    Did I say face first?

Ass u me ?

There are many way that have been developed over years by intelligent examination of the art of falling and development of advanced techniques rather than relying on the super efficient act of evolution.

Bike
    Too many to count
    exactly why/how is "face first" the better option?
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    Did I say face first?
    Ass u me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    Tuck your arms in, anyone see the 250 GP rider fall last round, tucked his arms so they didn't flail.

And look at martial arts they dont fall arms out.
    you are yet to answer my question, or atleast propose another way to fall in a stoppie without using your arms

imho the biggest concern in any crash is getting clear of the bike and protecting the brain/neck/spine

Bike
    RM250, Kx125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevmo7 View Post
    have you ever flipped a stoppie? have any of you guys actally flipped a stoppie??
    yes, i have. not on the road though. (still no road bike)
    believe it or not your not the only one out there that trys this shit. we might not be, or think we are as good as you but we are all giving it a go.

Bike
    better than yours
    stoppies are fun as fuck. even if they are only a foot high.BP or flipping my cbr no fucking way, not just yet. Being a vert skater I know you can train your instincts thru experience When I have a break from skating I have to learn how to fall all over again I have flipped my pitty a couple times on the tarseal and cr125 on the beach. like everything live life and learn how to fall it hurts less

and its been said before but here goes, move weight forward, gently squeeze to compress the shocks(if you dont understand this go back to wheelies untill u understand compress the shocks) and then give it heaps, its timing

Bike
    better than yours
    Oh and lock elbows if your weak and look where your going not at the ground

Bike
    CBR600 F2 Its a classic
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy 2006 View Post
    yes, i have. not on the road though. (still no road bike)
    believe it or not your not the only one out there that trys this shit. we might not be, or think we are as good as you but we are all giving it a go.
    yeah and keep it up dude, I want more people to get into stunting and pushin the sport in this country!

The main thing you have to worry about when a stoppie goes too high is getting clear of the bike, expecially if you have a 12 o clock bar, cause that thing just wants to slice you in half, ill put my hands out, put my legs out whatever it takes to get out of the way of the falling guillotine, breaking an arm is better than breaking your spine.

And also, i dont even like Christian Pfeiffer, he is a good rider, but i hate his style.

I like www.kaneone.com style!

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Yep, i love doing stoppies too.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/photopost...php?photo=5200

hehe

Bike
    BMW
    just slam down hard compressing suspension moving weight with a big stab on the front brake then just easy it off to roll mx or road if on the road make sure your front tyres hot....

Bike
    05 Aprilia tuono
    so where can i do stunts and not lose my license
    Live long and prosper

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    if on the road make sure your front tyres hot....
    heheh nothing like a 3 metre front wheel slide first thing in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyed savage View Post
    so where can i do stunts and not lose my license
    carparks, BK drive through after waiting 20 minutes for them to make the driver several cars ahead ahead an ice-cream, your own driveway...

anywhere really provided the cops don't see you

actually, is there a charge for that? careless driving? most careful bloody riding you'll ever do!

traffic lights on downhill motorway offramps are the most fun....

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    traffic lights on downhill motorway offramps are the most fun....
    Well, I did a involuntary stoppie after I grabbed a fistful of brakes when the lights went red at a downhill intersection. It was never meant to be a stoppie just grabbed too much brakes too fast.

All I can remember is pretty much me flying forward a good five metres in the air, can't even remember if I had my hands out as everything was going so fast, but it was either my shoulder or my helmet hitting the road first.

Hands out is definitely a evolution thing and like Andrew mentioned, it's way better to break your wrist/arms then ending up brain damage.

Bike
    Hornet
    I'm healing a broken scafoid at the moment after a high side. Im glad my arm sacrificed itself instead of my head or neck. I've broken my neck and back before in other accidents (and my other scafoid too) - wrist anyday thank you!

P.S Hungusmaximus - You landed on your head and shoulder cause you had already done half a flip in mid-air. You finished the flip after hitting the road. Impressive stuff!
    Having trouble behaving on your bike? www.Ride2Die.com

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    P.S Hungusmaximus - You landed on your head and shoulder cause you had already done half a flip in mid-air. You finished the flip after hitting the road. Impressive stuff!

Thread Information