Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rides this week, 10-17 December

Bike
    Too many to count

Rides this week, 10-17 December

ok, instead of having a thread per day of which only a handful eventuate in a ride, just post here for now...

if a ride is going to happen i'll put the official details up here in this post or a link to the "official thread" if it's something major, so watch this space.....

TUESDAY: 2pm from uni, just a short one maybe around mission bay or so, decide tomorrow. Give Raginrob a text 0211523159

WEDNESDAY: chris is keen for a burn

THURSDAY: meeting with city council to show our support for BRONZ geting shit done - meet 11:30 uni gym, leave by 12 to get good seats for the start @ 12:30

FRIDAY: drinks somewhere in the arvo

Bike
    Too many to count
    first on the agenda: anyone free anytime this week to help me bend/bash the viffer a little bit closer to balanced?

also, i'm mostly free for any slow paced, possibly learner rides on the fxr

Bike
    Hornet
    I'm always keen for rides, even after this weekend! I'd also like to park up the KTM and help with a newbie ride on the Suzuki.

I wonder if taking a newbie as a passenger would help in terms of picking lines, when to brake etc? I guess it would probably be more beneficial for them to be following on their own bikes though??

Might be good for you and the RG guy to both meet somewhere together for bike repairs. I'm happy to lend a hand for a day next week and was planning to do some more work on the KTM too.

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    I'm always keen for rides, even after this weekend! I'd also like to park up the KTM and help with a newbie ride on the Suzuki.

I wonder if taking a newbie as a passenger would help in terms of picking lines, when to brake etc? I guess it would probably be more beneficial for them to be following on their own bikes though??

Might be good for you and the RG guy to both meet somewhere together for bike repairs. I'm happy to lend a hand for a day next week and was planning to do some more work on the KTM too.
    i thought of taking a pillion simply to show them that a bike can have alot of traction and can lean a fair way, but then thought that's probably a bad idea

better off having him follow you through corners to pick up on lines and technique, but then follow them so they learn to look around corners, as simply following the bike infront is not a good habit at all.
    will need to be a road that is reasonably quiet and familiar

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    wednsday.

long ride to somewhere with corners.

Bike
    Too many to count
    drinks again this friday? last time was nice

but i might not be able to make it

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Very keen for rides midweek, am pretty free each day apart from mon wed and thurs after about 3pm

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    hey i work till about four each day but after that i am keen as aye. I would really like it if there was a ride where slow cornering i.e coming up on a sharp corner like those that would be encountered on twisties could be practiced. This would definately help me as a noob to gain confidence in leaning the bike over and i reckon help other riders too.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Guys take a walk! It's healthier!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    I'm free lots during the weekdays. Text me eh. Not free Tuesday AM or Thursday mid afternoon at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by EJKDDORAI View Post
    Healthier than getting stuck under a Scorpio maybe but people get shin-splints and stand on glass doing that walking shit! Much safer on the bike EJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    hey i work till about four each day but after that i am keen as aye. I would really like it if there was a ride where slow cornering i.e coming up on a sharp corner like those that would be encountered on twisties could be practiced. This would definately help me as a noob to gain confidence in leaning the bike over and i reckon help other riders too.
    Ridge RD. Not much speed needed there matey.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrislost View Post
    wednsday.

long ride to somewhere with corners.
    Is that your day out of the workshop? PM me or text 027 438 2742 if your going out?
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post

I rode pillion on Stephen's bike for over a year before getting my zzr, maybe it let me feel how smooth corner entries etc can be but to be honest I think I learnt way more following on my bike because then I had to actually think about it myself and there was the whole thinking-feeling-seeing element to a much greater extent than when just passive pillioning. Then again, I haven't come off yet and I do have a fair idea of how things SHOULD feel in terms of balance and all those swingy physicsy bits (it's too late at night for complicated scientific terms ><)

So, maybe it would help a little bit but I think riding yourself is the bst way to learn things.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    k6 750
    work got canned so if theres a ride today id tag along ;o

Bike
    Which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    better off having him follow you through corners to pick up on lines and technique, but then follow them so they learn to look around corners, as simply following the bike infront is not a good habit at all.
    will need to be a road that is reasonably quiet and familiar
    I agree. Always keep head up, look where you want to go (learn from Wed night ride.)

Quote Originally Posted by EJKDDORAI View Post
    ran as fast as our bikes, that's even healthier

Bike
    Too many to count
    push your bike along the road and up a hill

now THAT's a workout

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    BRONZ (and AUMC) have a slot booked to address the Transport Committee of the Auckland City Council at its next meeting. Don't know when the enxt meeting is yet because the Council is still inventing itself .

The previous committee under the old council held its meetings at 1:30 on Wednesday afternoons (once a month). Don't know if the new committee will stick to that time or not

It would be good to get some bikers roll up in support. One person with a grievance is a crank, two are an interest group, twenty is the voice of the people.

Supportive as ever of democracy (NOT !) the ACC have left it till the last minute to advise a dtae and time. But they have.

This Thursday , 13th Dec at Meeting Room, Level 15, Civic Building, 1 Greys Avenue, Auckland on Thursday, 13 December 2007 at 12.30pm.

Anyone who can come along, please do. Free parking in the Aotea car park building.

Les
    let's go!

Thread Information