11 37.93%
  • can of woodstock 12%

3 10.34%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble at the South Island KB Rally 07

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500

Busted damb bugger

So I see that my, "incident" was captured not only on stills, but also a vid.
    Tisk Tisk,
    I dont remember starting the bike or how I got to her, 3/4 bottle of Jim Beam had been consumed by that stage, Just glad on one thing.
    I would have got my ass kicked if I had tried anything else
    Great bunch of people, worthy of the label "Me riding mates"

Well that was the first ride I had been on in two years,
    Was really looking forward to it,
    Had no idea of what to expect, but got all that I wanted plus!

10am and the sound of the bikes coming into greta valley, was time for me to fire up the Excessive.
    A quick wave of the hand, and we were soon riding off over the hills,
    Cheviot saw a stop for 10 min.... then I found out heck 15 more bike were behind us.
    A quick tank up for those without fuel gauges, compolserly LOTTO tickes for us who forgot and off to the Staging post....sweet as ..... lovely line of clean good sounding rides streached out for 1/2 k in good stagger formation , plenty of room to move......I like it!

Staging post was found, and tents, pack racks, all unessesary add ons removed from the rides........Kiakora here we come.
    Well as exspected, the Sport bikes all slithered away into the distance, was only a short time later a frigging truckintrailer at the start of the Hundies, slowed all us other "slow" people down
    The nussence value was ..............we all know it, so fill it in yourself.
    The manditory road works just before the tunnels ground us yet again to a walking pace, but those Sport Bikes weeeeelllllllll Gone! DamB!

Parking became a premium out side the pub in KaiKora, to say that they needed another 5 meters of Motor cycle parking bay should be mentioned to the local council .But it certainly looked impressive, Lunch over , tank up. Waiau turn off here we come.
    Not needing gass, I headed straght to the turnoff with two other riders.
    Was a good 15 min before I could hear the sound of the pack comming down the road.....The real reason for the Day was about to begin

All Helmets on and chin straps pulled that little tighter, time to go.
    Cool, empty road.
    This time the sports bikes did not get away from the Old Excessive.
    I latched onto the last of the front pack and stayed there
    Well I thought I could.........
    Was not too bad for the first 10k, tucking intothe corners, fighting the twitching back wheel. hoping the brake fade would not arrive as the road got tighter........God You guys can toss those things around....
    WOW!! Na that was too fast, A bit of rear end slide cooled me down.
    The Old Excessive may be able to get there, but old school brakes, tyres, chassis, and shocks (what shocks) made butt clentching a reality.
    So I backed off and let you guys go....

Well after dealing with the tight corners, BIG swarm of bugs, and a moblie white road block of wooly jumpers, I found you all parked up merrily chatting if you had just been for a casual drive.

A coment by a lady at the Waiau pub was My highlight of the day overheard her.....
    ""they are all big men arnt they darling?" mum says
    "Yes Dear " Dad says
    "" But look Mum" said the little girl laughing" Those are girls on those bikes over there, not boys"" pointing out a cetain White honda, Pink BMW and a Gold Buel.

Well thank you guys for a wonderfull day, I know i have raved on for ages,
    But I will be there for the next ride whenever I can, because good company, bikes and riders are a draw card in anyones books

Cheers!
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by idb View Post
    I'd blown a seal.
    I was washing my hair.
    Were those two related incidents?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Darmah, 888, B50SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Were those two related incidents?
    You don't pick up a seal without putting a little bit of effort in!
    ...she took the KT, and left me the Buell to ride....(Blues Brothers)

Bike
    08 Victory Vegas
    Get well soon Tim and hope to see you on the road soon.
    Feel the fear and do it anyway

Don't confuse education with intelligence.
    There are alot of highly educated idiots out there.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    Quote Originally Posted by Subike View Post
    I latched onto the last of the front pack and stayed there.. Well I thought I could.........
    I kept an eye on you in my mirror... & you didn't get that far behind!! That ole girl can fair honk!!

Great writeup too!!

Jen
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by idb View Post
    I'd blown a seal.
    I would think the animal rights people would have something to say about that.. but hey, what ever ya into
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Just got a txt from Tim... still in Timaru Hospital... Dunedin Hospital has a sign outside... "No Vacancy"

Bike
    86 Honda XR600R

Well Guys n gals your gunna be kickin yourselves for missin this one!

This was MY first KB run, but even if the rest are only a fraction as good! Ill be savin me stats, annuals sickies… what ever it takes! For Kb runs in the future!
    Great place, Hot sun, Cold beverages, Slow tucker…lol just kiddin (might need to padlock that spit closed next time….it woulda cooked in half the time! I mean I musta checked the pig about a thousand times myself!)
    Anyway it was a crash back to reality at work today, but I’d be lying if I said my mind didn’t wander to that happy place where my chin strap’s flapping and my heads on that certain angle so as my fav song is louder than the wind and I’m marveling at the Bridgestone engineers for the rapid course change required because I spotted that sheeps arse stinkin outta that bush too late! And I hope everyone gets that same fix, that rush I get…Me busa is a dream… and I hope you all think the same of your rides as well! What ever pushes ya buttons.
    Whoa!!! I was just wonderin off again just then lol.
    Twas MY pleasure to meet each & every one of you, hope all got home safe n sound with not too bigger hole in the pocket and some brain cells left for next time.
    I’d like to thank Jen Doc Shrek Brendon Gypsy and that sheep that didn’t run out in front of me on the inland road and everyone else that helped make that weekend worth waffling about years from now.
    Take Care all!
    Till next time
    LoC

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    ah poor Tim, bloody sad way to start the weekend for you NH.

anyway on with the show.
    It was shaping up for a great weekend, after having a night before with the Scumdogs, and the norfies and speedygirl at the local. We all retired early... well a little bit early cos us oldies need our sleep and then up bright and early the next morning. In fact we were ready to go about an hour before we needed too musta been the excitement I guess.

Met up with the others at the Peg, and faced with a strong easterly we headed out with 13 bikes, picking up Ghostie and XKnut and Subike along the way, so a total of 16 bikes up to meet up with the overnighters already at the staging post. Kicked a few of them outa bed and headed away at aprox 12.30hours up the coast to Kaikoura for a rather slow lunch.
    At that point the first of my bikeswapping began for the day... it was time to try the old MV Augusta Brutale for a few kms up the inland kaikoura road.... oooooooo errrrrrr YUMMY tho not the same sound or feel of the Buell, but a damn nice bike anyway. Very flicky round the corners, and altho the owner thinks it sounds like a lawnmower, I thought it sounded alright

Back to the Staging post to check that the pork was doing its thing, only to find it was going to be a rather late serving of pork due to quite a slow gas spit, ah well, when it finally was done and eventually carved (ok I'm kinda new to this chopping up a great big pig) it was rather nice. Ta for the intro to that nice back steak Shrek, learn something new everyday!
    Went for a stroll round the staging post, cor there is some cool stuff round thre , like the stage Dangerous mentioned earlier. It would make an awesome spot for a outdoor band. Got back only to find that the local cops had descended on the place, but scummy had it well under control and managed to convince said cop to stay in his car and just look the other way... probably cos SD was doing some fast talking/drinking/laughing

So evening settled and the usual bullshit was going round, when I decided to put the bike to bed for the night. Being a sober one, Chrissie Bimbo said I should do the same for their bikes, so I did. Firstly the red 1200 sporty had a wee blat round the yard and up the road, amidst cries from the previous owner about "some tart is stealing my bike!!", then the cries got even more raucous when the white Tsport went on a wee adventure as well. The guzzi owner didn't even notice his bike heading away... and that was my 5 rides of the day, very cool!

All in all a bloody fine day/evening/night/day. The ride home was superb, the rain of the previous midnight had cleared and not a breath of wind made the trip home seem just too quick.
    Ah well roll on next year
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    None at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by LoC View Post
    Twas MY pleasure to meet each & every one of you, hope all got home safe n sound with not too bigger hole in the pocket and some brain cells left for next time.
    LoC

It was great to meet up with you neighbor....ya still welcome over for a coffee(or something stronger) anytime

Bike
    The Griso
    To arrive home, the little gun shells, and Mrs Bullet to greet me was wonderful.
    Being one of the last to head soth from the Post, it was kinda nice riding alone (been along time doing so) and to reflect....No regrets... bloody great weekend was had. I followed a copper car much of the way home, so a nice fuel saving pace.

Waking in the morning(Sunday) being told it was group shot time, moving the body and getting wicked cramp in me leg...ouch!!!!!
    Going to bed was somthing, the great thing was I did not even have to pack my sleeping bag in the morning, I think I forgot to undo from it's cram sack.

The day before started with a mighty rush to get sorted, but made it to Woodend to meet xknut, awaiting the passing crew from the peg.

The Staging Post is a great place, Nighthawk gave me the tour, and thanks dude, otherwise I may have drunkin and never done no seein.

Going on the hoon up to Kaikoura for lunch and back inland with South3rnRid3er pillion was great. Took it easy again, enjoyin the sights. Waiau pub stop was nice to.

That would be leading us into my first album just thrown up onto webby shots....... and then on into the evening.

You know what to do aye???? just click the link.

Bike
    None at the moment
    Good set of pics GB.....bugger some of them I don't remember..or more to the point don't want to remember!

Bike
    The Griso
    The visiting copper would not even accept one of my kebabs, maybe he was thinkin I could use it against him in the future, or he would come down sick over night, leaving the roads free and wild????

The chook went down fast, (should bought two boxes) (next time) it was a long wait for the pig to be porked, but well worth it. Jen musta been mighty hungry, moths and all..........
    i hungry this moth yummy

In the mean time "What was I thinking" I bought a box of 12% woodys (24cans) many of those cans ended up down others throats, for had they made it down mine, I think I not be typing on here tonight.

Now I thinks it time to look at what video was taken, as I really have little idea.

Bike
    The Griso
    Quote Originally Posted by South3rn Rid3r View Post
    Good set of pics GB.....bugger some of them I don't remember..or more to the point don't want to remember!

Yes yes, I must admit there are some that will never see the light of day. Just for the dignity of man/biker kind!!!!!!!!

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    That is possibly the best photo of me... ever. Like ever and ever. My mother couldn't be more proud!

I'm getting it printed and giving it to her for Xmas.

I don't see why your bourbs ended up in others bellies. Your bourbs tasted awful :P haha
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Thread Information