View Poll Results: What's the best Value for Money Exhaust Can Manufacturer?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoshimura

8 24.24%
  • Micron

2 6.06%
  • Two Brothers

6 18.18%
  • Arrow

3 9.09%
  • Akrapovic

3 9.09%
  • Remus

1 3.03%
  • Neptune

5 15.15%
  • Vance & Hines

2 6.06%
  • Scorpion

3 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Performance Exhaust Can for a 1998 SRAD GSXR 750??

Bike
    2007 GSXR1000

Thumbs up Best Performance Exhaust Can for a 1998 SRAD GSXR 750??

Hey KB members.

I am in the process of getting my bike repaired under insurance after I was knocked of in TAUPO by a 4WD towing a boat.
    Check out what happened and the damage here
    The bike shop tells me they cannot source a original exhaust can, sweet as I thought, but now I have a dilemma trying to pick an exhaust can for around $900 that would be the best for my bike. Money is tight, so I can't throw any more at it.

The bike shop is pushing to sell me a Carbon Fibre REMUS Genesis.
    They can obviously get them cheaper or something, so they can pocket the rest of the cash.

I can get a Two Brothers C2 Oval Aluminium for $800

I was just wondering what would be better??
    Two Brothers, REMUS or something else.
    Stainless, Carbon Fibre, or aluminium???

Please keep in mind the fact that the insurance only covers around $900 for the price of the original can.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    $900 will get you most cans..... maybe Micron???? Possibly at a stretch Yoshimura?????
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    Motor Cycle
    They're trying to sell you a carbon because no-one else wants it and it's been sitting in stock for yonks! Ok, maybe carbons aren't that bad, and they're certainly worse for twins, but the general consensus is 'keep away' if you want any longevity from your end can.
    For $900 +/- $150 you should be able to get an aluminium or titanium scorpion, micron or arrow.

Bike
    2007 GSXR1000
    Cheers Lads,

Worth a look into then, spose I should shop around.
    I should get the can off White Trash as he can give me a kick arse deal.
    I heard Carbon Fibre wasn't the best, Titanium would be the go, as it's not that much more than CF ah?

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Did he end up admitting liability??

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.

Holy shit, you were lucky you didn't get seriously hurt! Did the bastard end up getting charged? I bloody well hope so.

Don't forget to check out a Neptune also - www.neptunemufflers.co.nz

Being frustrated is disagreeable.

But the real disasters in life begin when you get what you want.

Bike
    2007 GSXR1000
    No, the guy didn't admit liability yet.
    Everyone I've talked to said he is to blame, not that I needed anyone to tell me that.
    The insurance company (TOWER) said that they'll look after everything, they have already left messages and sent a letter, with no response.
    How about I get a few KB members and we pay Mr X in Matamata a visit
    LOL
    Once I pick up my bike, next week hopefully, and pay the $300 XS, the file gets handed to the claims collection guys and they get a bit more forceful.
    I'm just wondering if I should go and visit or ring the guy and straighten it out now.
    But I'm fine, just a gouge on my leg were my foot brake lever entered my leg.

Hoping to be at the Elephant Run next Sun.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman
    Everyone I've talked to said he is to blame, not that I needed anyone to tell me that.
    The insurance company (TOWER) said that they'll look after everything, they have already left messages and sent a letter, with no response.
    LOL
    Once I pick up my bike, next week hopefully, and pay the $300 XS, the file gets handed to the claims collection guys and they get a bit more forceful.
    I'm just wondering if I should go and visit or ring the guy and straighten it out now.

Thanks
    I will be heading back thru matamata this avo back to tauranga

Hey hodgeman you interested in meeting up and heading to elephant run together, since rotovegas is on way to taupo for me?

For that sorta money you should be able to get any exhust you want, if ya wanna spend a few extra $$ you could get a full system instead.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    LOL

Thanks
    No, don't get involved in trying to contact the guy and sort out the insurance - leave it to the insurance company.
    Performance wise, there's not much in it with different makes of cans, so go for something that will give long life (i.e., not CF) and doesn't need repacking (if possible). If you have enough cash, and are tossing up between models, go for the best-looking can, like those coloured titanium ones.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2007 GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    Hey hodgeman you interested in meeting up and heading to elephant run together, since rotovegas is on way to taupo for me?
    Yeah, Sure am, If I get my bike back next week, I'll be in other wise, are you up for a pillion?? LOL - Joking.
    Will let you know closer to the time, If I get my bike back.
    Will met with all the other guys at Bike Force.

Cheers

Yeah, Sure am, If I get my bike back next week, I'll be in other wise, are you up for a pillion?? LOL - Joking.
    Will let you know closer to the time, If I get my bike back.
    Will met with all the other guys at Bike Force.

Cheers
    hahahah my 600 doesn't have rear foot pegs dc:< so no pillion carrying for me, reason i got the gixxer, wife has own bike, if i was gonna buy a bike for pillion i would have got something like a vfr800 or simlar,

what time they leaving bike force??

Bike
    2007 GSXR1000
    Not sure what time their leaving bike force.
    Will let you know as soon as I know.
    Your bike looks trick as!!
    I can't wait to upgrade one day, after the wedding in Feb.
    There is a guy selling a GSXR1000 K2 done 10k for $12,500. Would be a sweet little bike man oh man.

Not sure what time their leaving bike force.
    Will let you know as soon as I know.
    Your bike looks trick as!!
    I can't wait to upgrade one day, after the wedding in Feb.
    There is a guy selling a GSXR1000 K2 done 10k for $12,500. Would be a sweet little bike man oh man.
    Yeah i got married end of last year, its a common thing getting married and getting a new bike just before or just after

Yeah 600 is good i would have loved to got the 750 tho but this does the job

Bike
    2007 GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    Wife has own bike | Its a common thing getting married and getting a new bike just before or just after.
    Man Cajan, your a lucky man, my fiance doesn't even like riding on the back much, let along have her own bike.

I hope I get a new bike just after, but she had her heart set on a honeymoon for some strange reason, Women?? ah!

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Man Cajan, your a lucky man, my fiance doesn't even like riding on the back much, let along have her own bike.
    That could well change.
    My wife was quite taken a back to find out I was a biker who happened to be 'between bikes' when we met, married and had kids. Up until this year, she would've been on the back of the 4 bikes I've had since we married, a total of no more than a half dozen times over 15 years or so.
    This year, she decided she needed to take more of an interest in what I'm interested in, and now I think she's more keen to go for a ride on the bike than I am. She even stayed up to watch the MotoGP tape the other night, and seemed to enjoy it.
    So, you never know how things could work out, but if you're careful and considerate, your fiancee may yet grow to enjoy bikes, especially if she meets other female pillions (a highlight for Mrs FS last Sunday).
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Thread Information