Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New paintjob suggestions for NC30

Bike
    2002 Kawasaki ZX6R
    The snorkel just pulls out.

Bike
    B12
    So how much does a decent paint job take and how much do they cost?

was thinking about the tl in black. I dont want car painters pulling my bike apart as they wouldnt have a clue, and reflections over charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by more_fasterer View Post
    I've cut the flap away and removed the snorkel, and haven't noticed any problem with it leaning out at high speed.
    It seems to be a common mod for lotsa models of bikes. I tried disabling the flapper valve on the VFR800, and I reckon it made the bike run worse below 5k RPM. I tried it on the VTR, and didn't notice any difference. The only bike that it did make a difference on was the VF500, where the snorkel intake is at the rear of the airbox lid. I thought I had some issues when running into a headwind where the bike seemed to have a lean surge, so I turned the airbox lid around, which made the intake noise slightly louder and the bike seem to run better. However, one day I rode over the Kaimais with the snorkel at the front, and the carbs iced up - the only time it had ever done that (and I rode it through two winters in Chch, including when it was snowing). So, I put it back to stock. Obviously, the thing was designed to suck slightly warmer air from the space above the engine.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
    So how much does a decent paint job take and how much do they cost?

was thinking about the tl in black. I dont want car painters pulling my bike apart as they wouldnt have a clue, and reflections over charge.
    i spent well over $700 in paint, but that was largely in part to it all being mettalics and 2pac clear and a bit of epoxy primer etcetc

realistically, with the repairs, 3 colour job, plus rims, masking vinyls etc etc, and my bike being less than co-operative when fitting/removing fairings, my job would be over $2k easily

single colour on undamaged parts, however, would be a fair bit cheaper

i'm no expert, and i suspect a signwriter could do a very nice job indeed using vinyl over a base colour for a relatively lower price

Thread Information